(Amoxicillian) Antibiotics

PINK BUTTERFLY

Reaction score
Been ill for over a week now with bad cold and eye infection, doctors just put me on a 21 day course of Amoxicillin but leaflets says not to take if you are pregnant (kinda new that) or intend to become pregnant! Grrr! If i start taking these then i will OV while still taking them! x

Last edited:
I would ring and leave a message for the Dr to call you back - maybe there is another type of antibiotic you can take?

21 days is a long course?? :shock:

xxxxxxxx

Been ill for over a week now with bad cold and eye infection, doctors just put me on a 21 day course of Amoxicillin but leaflets says not to take if you are pregnant (kinda new that) or intend to become pregnant! Grrr! If i start taking these then i will OV while still taking them! x
LOL its not a 21 day course (im not that ill) its 21 tablets 3 times a day so 7 days! (SOZ) Im on cd5 now so that means i will finish the course by cd12 and i usually OV around 14/15 so will be ok but it is close.....a bit worried! x

LOL its not a 21 day course (im not that ill) its 21 tablets 3 times a day so 7 days! (SOZ) Im on cd5 now so that means i will finish the course by cd12 and i usually OV around 14/15 so will be ok but it is close.....a bit worried! x

Phew - I'd never heard of anyone on antibiotics for 21 days :shock: :shock:

I'd be inclined to to take them and get rid off all the nasties so you're fighting fit.

When do you expect to Ov hun?

xxxxxxxxxx

U can take penicillin whilst pregnant under doctors supervision so I think u should b ok to take while trying also. Better get rid of sickness now or u won't b fit to bd at ov time. Good luck x

I'd be inclined to to take them and get rid off all the nasties so you're fighting fit.

xxxxxxxxxx
Got no idea hun as my cycles are different each month but around cd 15/16/17/18 ish maybe ???? LOL

U can take penicillin whilst pregnant under doctors supervision so I think u should b ok to take while trying also. Better get rid of sickness now or u won't b fit to bd at ov time. Good luck x
These are called Amozicillin 500 mg and they say not to have while pregnant or Trying so not sure if they are different from the ones you mentioned hun. Iv taken the first one but worried now...dont know why as prob will not get my BFP this month anyhows but its still a worry. Kinda hopeing i OV really late this month now! :) x

xxxxxxxxxx
Got no idea hun as my cycles are different each month but around cd 15/16/17/18 ish maybe ???? LOL

What CD are you now?

xxxxxxxx

What CD are you now?

xxxxxxxx
CD 5 today and just taken first tablet so will have another one before bed tonight ...........so last tablet (if i remember to take them on time) will be the morning of cd 12. x

You'll be fine then sweetie - as I say you'll be better of getting all the nasties out of your system

xxxxxxxxx

You'll be fine then sweetie - as I say you'll be better of getting all the nasties out of your system

xxxxxxxxx
Yeah know you are right hun just wish i had started taking them earlier now so they would be defo finished before OV.

Thanks hun. xxxx

aww hope you're feeling better just in time for ov pinkbutterfly :) :) and well done on the weight loss, i wana loose few pounds but cant diet to save my life lol

I had a course of Amoxicillin early in this cycle, for a sinus infection. My GP was great, and said it wouldn't harm our chances of TTC, or have any affect on a little bean. I took the course from CD 7 - CD 11, and found it messed up my temps quite dramatically. My ovulation was also delayed this month to CD21 - not sure whether that was the tablets or not. Anyway, just wanted to reassure you that my GP had said it was an ok one to take in pregnancy. Hope you're better soon!

I've had amoxicillan twice this pregnancy, I too was worried about the warnings on the pack, but two docs and the midwife says it's the safest antibiotic you can take. Both prescriptions were quite early on at around 9-11 weeks pregnant, so I imagine while ttc it's perfectly safe xx

Thanks everyone! Feel much better taking them now! :) Stupid leaflet that come with it with shupid scary stuff on it! LOL x

The leaflets have to cover all worst case scenarios remember. I v much doubt it would stop you ov, it's prob just one of the many many things they don't reccomend you do while pregnant. If we followed all the guidelines, some of which tell you a thing is bad for you, some of which tell you it's fine we'd all have nervous breakdowns.

Not that i'm saying you shouldn't be careful, but it's probably gonna do more harm to getting pg you being sick, than taking the medicine. :eek:)

Hey hun,I started these round time of ov and also then when I was pregnant (didn't have a clue) and everything seems to be fine. I discussed with my GP too and she had no major concerns xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Just get yourself well, and ready for babymaking!! ;)

Believe me Im not going to let it stop me! LOL

Thanks, good luck to you also! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back