Amoxicillin?

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Does anyone know much about it during pregnancy, like whether it can have any ill effect on the baby?

I've gone and got myself a friggin UTI AGAIN!!! It's like the third I've had since being pregnant. I had antibiotics for my previous uti's but I can't remember what they were called.

I was having shooting pains the other day and kept feeling really dizzy and faint so thought I better go checked out.

Anyway the doctor has of course assured me that Amoxicillin is safe during pregnancy, but having googled it now I'm home (fool I am) and have read conflicting articles some say it's perfectly safe, other people have said that babies movements have quietened down since taking it and another article says that there isn't enough research been done on Amoxicillin to suggest whether it is safe to take or not!? :eh:

Anyone else took it while pregnant?
xxx

I was on amoxicillin 3 times during my pregnancy hun, all for ear infections! lol I'm pretty sure it's ok xxx

The Dr prescribed it to me on Tuesday as I've got an ear infection when.I pulled a face and mentioned I'm ttc she smiled and said don't worry there's nothing in it that would do any harm xx

Thanks ladies! Google should be banned in pregnancy! lol x

hahah rachael I swear we are living some parrallel life lol

I have a UTI too and have been on them for 3 days, baby is still moving loads and seems fine....I was on them earlier on too and the only bad thing is they gave me bloody thrush!!! xx

Lol Jaxx we're like bump twins or something :). Glad to hear your LO is responding ok to you being on antibiotics xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back