Cold remedies in the 2ww

CB23

Reaction score
I have bad sinus pain around my eye socket, across cheekbone and in back teeth. It started about 6pm and popped out to the garage tosee what was OK and it didn't say anything on the lemsip cold and flu capsule box about not taking while pregnant, sure enough though when I got them home they said in the leaflet consult the pharamcist if pregnant.

So - does anyone know if they are safe in the 2ww? If not am I stuck with paracetamol? I'm sure that is OK? How about sudafed?

Of course I won't be pregnant so it won't matter anyway :lol: :roll:

paracetamol is ok. I checked about painkillers with the dentist - she said avoid ibuprofen, but paracetamol is fine. Some of the Lemsip sachets contain ibuprofen, I think, and the Max ones contain caffeine, which you should limit.

A good natural home remedy (I avoid painkillers wherever possible) is a wedge of fresh lemon, a slice of fresh root ginger, and a teaspoonful+ of honey in a mug with freshly boiled hot water. Seems to help with sinuses and general clearing out, you could take a paracetamol on the side to further help with pain. At least then you're sure of the active ingredients!

Hope you feel better soon. I sympathise! Though I didn't take painkillers after the dental surgery the other day - but a pack of frozen peas wrapped in a tea-towel and pressed against my jaw did the trick for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back