Antibiotics dilema?

laurat

Reaction score
Ok I went to the dr this morning as I have had brown spotting at 2 week intervals since my mc on 18th Feb. I know it can take time to get back to normal but that will be 8 weeks this Fri.

Normal dr not in so had a visiting one. He was very nice but was saying that anything up to 3 months is still classed as normal for returning to your usual cycle after mc. He decided to take swabs to check for infection etc which I was pleased about. Results not back till Tues though. In the mean time he gave me a course of antibiotics to take in case I do have an infection. Almost seemed like a kind of precaution.

Anyway on my cbfm I am on cd 18 and yesterday and today I have had a high reading. Going by my pre mc cycle this is exactly right and if going to plan tomorrow on cd19 I should get my peak. Ill double check on my opk as seem to be heading this way. If this is the case I want to take the chance of getting pregnant and will bd.

Therefore as the antibiotics are not advised for taking when pregnant Im now thinking that I may hold off till Tues to see if I do actually have an infection. That means that I can still catch my peak tomorrow and get pregnant. As they were given basically in the precaution of an infection I think this may be a better idea. Would really appreciate any thoughts?

I'd do what you want to do - scrap the antibiotics and try to conceive :)

Antibiotics are dangerous and i wouldn't even contemplate using them as a precautionary measure. I'm surprised they even offer then out for that...

Good luck bd'in ;)

They hand out antibiotics here there and every where these days. i would only take them if you have the infection so just hold off till tuesday. xx

If you do have an infection the antibiotics will certainly help clear it up and prevent any further problems but its advisable to wait until you know if there is an infection there, you want your body to be completely ready and healthy for trying again and that means 'IF' there is an infection, you will need to clear it up .. Good luck

Yeah Im thinking that to give me them when I dont know that I actually have an infection yet seems a bit odd. I reckon you should know before u actually take them. He just said you may have one so ill give u a course. It may have something to do with the fact that the practice is shutting today to decant to a new building. They are super busy. If he gives me them today and I do have one it saves another appointment next week. Or that he was a newbie.

Im going to hold off till Tues. Even if I do have something then hopefully the wait till Tues will not be too damaging. I mean is that antibiotic the definite cure anyway? Possibility of my peak happening is too strong a pull for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back