Am I the only crying freak!!!

mrs v

Reaction score
Hey ladies, had my booking in appointment today, should have been a 'good' day for me as its another milestone and a day nearer to that 12 week mark.

Well I stupidly asked the midwife 'if my babys heartbeat had stopped would I have started bleeding by now' :wall2:'errm no she replied, ladies often dont know until there 12 week scan'...of course I should have known this, I think Im constantly looking for reassurance at the minute, so from walking out of the centre I have done nothing but cry as I have now convinced myself that my baby has no heartbeat! Symptoms are veins on boobs and tiredness but nothing else...To top it off I asked OH if we could go for another early scan, he is dead against this and as a result we argued and now we arn't speaking :oooo:

So I still have no date for my scan (it'll be sent through the post) and I feel so crap and teary :cry:

get a fetal doppler. i bought one of amazon the other day and it arrived today. I couldnt hear anything through it, not even my own heartbeat but it says it picked up a heartbeat at about 130bpm (which I think is far too fast for mine!) hoping in a few weeks time i will actually be able to hear it through the speaker

so good to know the heart is beating, just wished I could have heard it!

will put your mind at rest. xx

No, you're not the only one. I worry about every twinge, cramp and whether the food I eat is safe, even though I know it is, and whether humps in the road will dislodge my baby, or if being surprised (like someone making me jump) will harm the baby. Sigh. Have to laugh at oneself sometimes.

Oh bless you. This trimester is very stressful and it is 100% natural to want reassurance. I'm sue everything will be fine but completely understand why you feel this way. Maybe follow up with the hospital about your scan date?

Also I think a doppler wouldn't hurt if it will put your mind at ease, which is really important at the moment. Happy mum equals happy baby :)

Xxxx

Thanks ladies, iv toyed with the 'doppler' idea but in a sense I think it could potentially make my paranoia worse, especially if I cannot for whatever reason pick anything up. I think if I do invest I would leave it untill after 12 weeks, just my preference. I really hate this first trimester!!!

Hiya,

No your not the only one feeling like this im upset cos im ten weeks and still havent heard anything from hospital or anything no appointments or anything and its making me so paranoid! I have really bad mood swings atm from really nhappy to really angry in like two seconds! I know your meant to enjoy every min of your pregnancy but im sure they mean after 12 weeks cos im so paranoid about everything at the moment the worst one feeling like im not pregnant i just want my scan and to be in the secdond trimester so hopefully i can calm down a bit lol! Im sure you will be fine maybe we will feel better when we have a scan date? xxx

Hiya,

No your not the only one feeling like this im upset cos im ten weeks and still havent heard anything from hospital or anything no appointments or anything and its making me so paranoid! I have really bad mood swings atm from really nhappy to really angry in like two seconds! I know your meant to enjoy every min of your pregnancy but im sure they mean after 12 weeks cos im so paranoid about everything at the moment the worst one feeling like im not pregnant i just want my scan and to be in the secdond trimester so hopefully i can calm down a bit lol! Im sure you will be fine maybe we will feel better when we have a scan date? xxx

OMG I am the same, im a ratty cow - thats the nice version! Then break down in tears, unsure whether its the hormones or the constant worry, or both! And yep I too feel 'not pregnant' I have developed a little 'belly' which I am convince is purely through too much eating...:mad:

I would say to stay away from th Doppler. My oh bought one for me and I can't find the hb....I try to put some logic here that it's still too early but I am now even more worried than before...

Hiya,

OMG I am the same, im a ratty cow - thats the nice version! Then break down in tears, unsure whether its the hormones or the constant worry, or both! And yep I too feel 'not pregnant' I have developed a little 'belly' which I am convince is purely through too much eating...:mad:

Yep i have a belly too which looks like ive just eaten a huge meal all the time lol! Yeah the other day i decided id have a row with everyone around me then i felt like a nice person again and wondered why everyone is weary of me :eh: glag there are other 'crazy' as my OH now refers to me as :lol: x

I'd also advise to be careful with the doppler! I've seen baby twice but still can't hear them on doppler, naturally causing me to panic! Not good for someone like myself who worries about everything xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back