SO WORRIED..... Gestation Sac only....

twiater7

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

Well having been on cloud nine about getting out BFP , seem to have just had a crash landing down to earth..:(

Found out with a HPT on 2nd april that I was pregnant, was a faint line but got darker and darker :), LMP was 6th March so worked out I would be due 11th December, got my self booked in with midwife ect and everything was hunky dory, and way last monday 23 rd april I had the tiny tiny tinyiest bit of spotting so mentioned it to the doc who arranged a scan for the following day, I had worked out this made me 7 weeks exactlly, when we went for the scan I had a vaginal one and all they could see was the gestation sac and nothing else, we were devestated, they have asked us to go back for another scan on the 3rd of may( a weeek today), they took bloods while I was there and they came back of HCG 18000, lady from the EPAU said that put me at 7 weeks and they really should have seen something Im so upset and dont how to cope with this, I have had no pain what so ever and no bleeding I feel so scared and in no mans land, has anyone else been through anything similar?
Julie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry you're going through this :( it happened me too around the same time. I was shocked then delighted with bfp and around 6 weeks had brown discharge. Everyone said 'brown is old blood so that's ok, it's normal' but I knew deep down it wasn't right so I went to the doctors who said the same but sent me for a scan anyway. She found the sac right away but it was empty. She said I could have got my dates wrong so to come back the week after but although the sac had grown there was no visible baba :( although an internal scan showed the tiniest little fetal pole. It's the most cruel heartbreaking thing as your body makes you feel you're still pregnant.
There is still hope though that maybe your dates are wrong or baby is just hiding? If the next scan shows the same demand one more maybe a few days later to make sure. I hope I didn't terrify you with my story as sometimes little miracles do happen but just wanted to be honest with you xxxx

dnt know what to say but thinking of u x

hiya im sorry ur having to go through this its so unfair but unfortunatly i had to go through the same thing last yr i thought i was around 10 weeks got bfp the thursday n the saturday i was spotting so i rang mw the monday who told me to ring epu anyways to cut a long story short i was in limbo land for 3 weeks while they did scans n measurements the sac kept growing but there was neevr anything there realy appart from a tiny tiny yolk sac that had stopped growing at 5.5 weeks ish, it was the most devastating time of my life,but keep holding onto hope that maybe ur dates are a bit wrong but those bloods sound realy high to me i didnt get bloods done god knows why ,just want to wish u all the luck in the world and hope it all turns out ok for you xxxx

One part of me wishes I had never gone, it was only because of the tiniest spot of blood ever, no pain....

thinking of you, hoping its your dates that are a little out x

Would they have not seen more than just a sac even if my dates were out a little???? I have no idea and google is just scaring me...

To be honest with you hun, at 7 weeks you should have seen a HB.

Hoping you are a bit out with your dates and get some good news at your next scan.

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I'm not sure, it depends just how far on u were exactly. At 6 weeks 3 days with this pregnancy we seen sac, yolk sac, baby and heartbeat but the same time with my missed miscarriage just an empty sac :( xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

the yolk sac appears roughly 5.5 weeks so before that u would see a empty sac so if u could be 1.5 weeks out it could well be ok i realy hope so, yes i had no pain either but on the scans the sac was starting to colapse :-( xxxx

Hope your next scan brings you good news, but as cruel as it is - its better you find out now than at your 12w scan when you just assume everything is fine.

I sadly 1st my first baby at 12 weeks when I went for the scan there was no heartbeat. I had no idea anything was wrong, no bleeding or cramping, I felt sick so put it down to morning sickness - but sadly it wasn't to be. A year later I fell pregnant again and miscarried naturally but 3rd time lucky I'm now almost 29 weeks, so don't give up hope, if you have miscarried there is likely to be no reason why you can't go on to have a successful pregnancy. :hugs:

So sorry that you have to go through this huni. It must be awful for you. Heres hoping that your dates are wrong and is just too early. Good luck next week! xXx

o no. everyome has been saying by brown discharge is probably ok but now after seeing this im so worried. i'm having a 6 week scan on monday as I was worried about whats been happening :( im very scared now

So sorry you're going through this x

Hi - I have never replied before so I hope that this gets to you OK. i have unfortunately been there and it is not a very nice place to be. I f i tell you my experience perhaps this might give you some help?

I went for my 12 week scan last Nov, I had no bleeding or any indication that anything was wrong. The scan lady said that there was a problem and after an internal scan and a second opinion they confirmed I had probably had a missed miscarriage, as there was nothing in the gestation sac. we were devestated. they kept asking me had I got my dates wrong and as every woman knows how far along you are and the scanner lady was suggesting that I was 5 weeks and not 12 weeks. I had been religously counting the days so there was no way I was 7 weeks out with my dates. They sent us home and told us they would re scan in 10 days time.

those 10 days were the most upseting days I have ever had in my life, as my head was saying that I wasn't pregnant and I would probably miscarry and my body and heart was saying that I was still pregnant. It was awful and I really feel for you at the moment.

The end result was that I eventually miscarried at home on my 33rd birthday, of all days, which was very hard. We didn't make the second confirmation scan.

There is some good news at the end of this though.

I managed to fall pregnant in March and am now 8 weeks and feeling quite sick which apparently is a good sign, so we are taking everyday as it comes. If it doesn't happen this time, although you probably don't feel like it at the moment but there will be another time, it just seems to be natures way.

Take care xx

Hi ladies...

Well having been on cloud nine about getting out BFP , seem to have just had a crash landing down to earth..:(

Found out with a HPT on 2nd april that I was pregnant, was a faint line but got darker and darker :), LMP was 6th March so worked out I would be due 11th December, got my self booked in with midwife ect and everything was hunky dory, and way last monday 23 rd april I had the tiny tiny tinyiest bit of spotting so mentioned it to the doc who arranged a scan for the following day, I had worked out this made me 7 weeks exactlly, when we went for the scan I had a vaginal one and all they could see was the gestation sac and nothing else, we were devestated, they have asked us to go back for another scan on the 3rd of may( a weeek today), they took bloods while I was there and they came back of HCG 18000, lady from the EPAU said that put me at 7 weeks and they really should have seen something Im so upset and dont how to cope with this, I have had no pain what so ever and no bleeding I feel so scared and in no mans land, has anyone else been through anything similar?
Julie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have been hearing some positives outcomes today of simular situation, so fingers crossed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back