Agnus Castus

nicky1987

Reaction score
This post is just out of curiosity really!! Just wondering if anyone else used Agnus Castus and what there cycles were when they started taking it and if they improved how much did they shorten by? My agnus castus has definately kick started something and hoping for a normal cycle this month!! x:roll:

I took Agnus Castus for a month, it didn't regulate my cycles.. it actually made me get pregnant though lol
I was quite angry with Agnus Castus for making my period late rather than early but it turns out I wasn't meant to get a period at all!

I love Agnus Castus though, it helped me become more fertile and it made my skin look gorgeous! xxx

Hi thanks for your reply! what were your cycles before you started taking it? Congrats on the pregnancy xx

My cycles ranged from 33 days to 44 days.
Very, very irregular. Period still hadn't shown up on cycle day 44 so I took a pregnancy test to find out I was pregnant!

xxx

Since coming off the pill mine had ranged from 21 to 62 days but most were 45 to 55 days. Since starting angus castus I have had 2 cycles one 35 days and one 30 days so hopefully it has sorted them out.

What exactly is it and where do you buy it. My cycles have been all over the place post mc so Im wondering if I should try it? However before the mc I was regular as clockwork 31 days.

Is there any reason you shouldnt take it if you are regular?

You can buy it from Holland and Barratt. I think if you're irregular then you need to do OV tests while taking it as you should stop taking it after ovulation. I think that's correct? Not sure about the issues if you're regular though, seems to be mostly irregular PF'ers that have used it. Perhaps Google it? :)

x x

I took it the month I got my BFP - I took it until I saw the second pink line on the opk and then stopped. It increased my ewcm like you wouldn't believe! The pharmacist couldn't say enough good things about it! She was right! xx

Well i'll carry on taking it then! sounds very positive!! did you take it until you got your positive opk?? thanks for replying x

If your periods are all over the place could you take the tablet from your first day of period for say 10-14 days (to take average 'normal' time before ovulation) and then stop as I read you shouldn't continue taking after you ovulate?

what do you think?

This might be too much like sticking your finger in the air and guessing?!

Cheers
Soph xx

I stopped taking it on the day I got my bfp.
You can stop taking it when you ovulate if you want, but I chose not to as I had no idea when I ovulated. xxx

Sooo nice to hear good stuff about it. i started taking it on CD124 last cycle and wham my af came within 2 weeks! im convinced it was the AC!!! this cycle seems to be going well so far i'm CD12 and my opks are progressively getting darker (or so i think) so going to continue taking it and hope im not going to have a 130+ day cycle! :lol:

My cycles ranged from 45 - 105 days, getting longer each cycle. The month I started it reduced my cycle to 40 days. Thats when I got my bfp. You need to stop taking it when you ovulate. Then start again first day of new cycle. Highly recommended!

Hey Sophie, I was taking it for just over a month in total. I would have stopped taking it at around a month after starting it but I had no clue I was already pregnant, so I tested on cycle day 44 and found out I was pregnant, that's when I stopped it completely. xxx

Last edited:
Hey Sophie, I was taking it for just over a month in total. I would have stopped taking it at around a month after starting it but I had no clue I was already pregnant, so I tested on cycle day 44 and found out I was pregnant, that's when I stopped it completely. xxx

It should have a new name of 'Wonder Castus'

Congratulations on your BFP :dance: and thanks for sharing :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back