Age gap

kitty2016

Reaction score
Just wondering what age gaps some of you guys have?
I always wanted my babies close together but since having my first who is now 12 weeks, I feel I don't want to miss anything with his growing up which I hadn't previously thought about.
I wouldn't want to wait until he is school age, but would feel guilty taking the limelight away from him sooner than that. Advice? How do you guys feel about this?
Pros and cons?

Last edited:
I always thought I wanted quite a big gap (3/4 years) for the reason you said and now I have 17m old I'm likely to make the gap smaller. I love the age my LG is at, we can bake together and it's fantastic watching her grow and learn however, I also think it would be great if she had a sibling now and I think it would help her socially. I think now we'll start trying in December so my LG will be 2. 5/3 hopefully when a new baby comes

I have Emma who is just turned 4 ( born 1st sept so has a year left at nursery ), Megan is 2 1/2 and Oliver is 12 days. I did have 3 under 4 for three days �� I like the gap for now, the hardest is the 2 n half yr old she's just in the middle of terrible 2.

If I had waited another 6 months then my second would be easier but 6 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I feel like that too. No chance of another baby any time soon anyway, but if there was, as much as I'd love it I'd feel so guilty about not being able to devote as much time & attention to my current baby.

Last edited:
I have a 21 month gap between my two and when this one arrives there will be a 27 month gap between the youngest and the baby. So eldest will be 4 then the next will be 2yrs 3months.

To be honest the first few months were tough with a smallish age gap but I dont necessarily feel like I missed out on anything as everythjng still revolved around my eldest and my youngest still had plenty of attention and has never been bored.
When this next one arrives, eldest will be in preschool so it won't be so full on but who knows.

Personally i couldnt imagine a better age gap as oldest was too young to experience jealousy and has never remembered it being just her. I also think so fondly of this age gap because this is all I've known.

That's a good point about jealousy, I wonder at which she this would start coming into play.

My first two are very close together, my son is 5, and daughter 4.
I found it really difficult to have them so close together on my body but also mentally in was struggling.
We did find out that my son is autistic so I don't think that made it easier and that might be the reason why I found it so hard as my son needs a lot more then my daughter.

The good thing about having them so close is that they're growing up together.

I'm glad I waited with our last child and that there Will be more of an gap.

Last edited:
I have a 14 month gap between my boys. I ws going to have 3 under 3 but that wasn't to be, which is a shame. We're ttc so will probably have 3 under 4. It's tiring but I love it, my boys keep each other occupied and they've never known anything else. My eldest is autistic which does make it harder but he's high functioning so be's not as challenging as it could be. I don't feel like I've missed out on either of their development, having baby memory books helps I think!

I have 2yr 8m gap. (Currently 3yr 2m and 6m) Absolutely love it! Dd1 was old enough to understand and help but still feel like I've got a smallish gap for them to be close! Pros and cons to all age gaps I think! One con I found hard was breastfeeding with a newly potty trained toddler! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back