AGE Gap!

misscrazycooki

Reaction score
Whats the age gap between you and your other hallf?

I'm 21 and my Boyfriend is 31, Met when we were 20 and 30 :)

Do you think big gaps are bad? whats your opinion x

Whats your situation x

I'm 25 and hubby is 38. I was 20 when we got together. He'd liked me for a while before, but being the teenage daughter of his boss was putting him off :lol: As it turned out, my Dad was the least surprised when we got together!!

I don't see any problems in age gaps if you're happy. It's fun when we want to have a dig at each other; he'll say, you were still at school when I was clubbing, and I'll just call him an old man!!

Last edited:
haha yeah I do that with mine hehe make him feel so old haha well funny :D x

not really got a huge age gap, im 25 and my OH is 30, but i dont think age gaps are a problem to be honest, if it works then it works, who cares about ages?
i do draw the line at 15yr olds datine 30+ year olds, thats kinda wrong and a sore subject lol (my ex cheated on me with a 15yr old) x

there was 11years between me and the girls' dad! i've never seen age gaps as an issue, there was a MASSIVE agegap between my grandpa and nan (dads stepmum)!

not really got a huge age gap, im 25 and my OH is 30, but i dont think age gaps are a problem to be honest, if it works then it works, who cares about ages?
i do draw the line at 15yr olds datine 30+ year olds, thats kinda wrong and a sore subject lol (my ex cheated on me with a 15yr old) x

Yeah i think that is a tad wrong just as bad as one of my ex's dad trying it on with me prevert haha

I'm 24 and OH is 30 but we were 16 and 22 when we got together but have known each other since i was 14!!!

We have never had any major problems although had many doubts from friends that we would last and have been together nearly 8 years now!!

I think it's whatever makes you happy!! There was 13 years between my mum and dad and similar age gap between my nan and grandad!!

I was just watching a programme that made me think about this, called Teenage Wives.

But anyway, there's 16 years between me and my OH - I'm just turned 20, he's about to turn 36.

There's an 18 year gap between my Mum and her OH I think.... She's 53 and her partner, Sarah, is 35.

So essentially, my Mum's OH is younger than mine xD

Last edited:
I was just watching a programme that made me think about this, called Teenage Wives.

But anyway, there's 16 years between me and my OH - I'm just turned 20, he's about to turn 36.

There's an 18 year gap between my Mum and her OH I think.... She's 53 and her partner, Sarah, is 35.

I watched that, I have to say the blonde girl, Didnt look particularly.. "happy" as she put it. Infact she looked like the guy had forced her to do the show to prove he wasnt a pedobear. I dont think she likes him much .. But thats just my gut instinct on seeing her talk, body language and stuff.

As for age gaps.. heres one for ya.. 18 + 33. ok so FOB is 23, but the guy im kinda of seeing ish now is 33.

omg heulyn i thought exactly the same when i was watching that!! she really didnt seem happy at all! and my family tops the age gap thing, my grandpa was 92ish when my nan died, she was 52ish :shock: she was actually just 6 months older than my dad, but 11 years younger than my aunty :shock::shock: but it worked and they were happy!

i have seen two very good friends of mine split up recently because of a (previously non issue) age gap, hes 57 and shes 34... Basically she realised she was living with an old man and he didnt want to do any of the young fun things that she wanted to do with their two daughters

its been horrid to watch, i think big age gaps can work but i worry about it a bit, its very different being a 20 year old with a 39 year old because you are really both on the same page, but a 31 year old and a 50 year old is a different story

surely that 20 year old and 39 year old are going to become a 40 year old and 59 year old tho? :eh: i dont get how just cos they get older it makes it any difference?!

My ex was 14 years older than me and it never made a difference to our relationship x when we split up one of our mutual friends became my fb-he was 42 and I was 22-but we had always always got on much better than I had with anyone else as we were on the same level x the age gap between me and OH now is 4 years and sometimes he is really immature but I don't think he'd change if he was a lot older as that's just him x I can see Big Bumps point of it changing as you get older as a 30 odd year old woman will usually still be active etc and a 50 odd year old man will be slowing down and becoming less active x I don't think I've put that very well but hopefully people will understand what I mean

i dont think age should be an issue.. me and OH are a year apart but i have a friend whos OH is much older.. i dont think any different of them, as long as theyre happy who cares!

I don't think age gaps are a problem as long as both people involved are adults and over the age of consent.

I am 23 and my husband us 28

Last edited:
Im 25 and my hubby is 31, 6 years between us... My nan and step grandad there is 21 years her being the older one, and he is a year younger than my dad :/ my aunt and uncle have 19 years between them him being the older one, no one in the family have a problem with the gaps.

Yeah I get what everyone is saying I do think about how i'm going to cope when I'm 35 and my OH is 45 but I hope we can both work past things like that x

I watched that, I have to say the blonde girl, Didnt look particularly.. "happy" as she put it. Infact she looked like the guy had forced her to do the show to prove he wasnt a pedobear. I dont think she likes him much .. But thats just my gut instinct on seeing her talk, body language and stuff.

As for age gaps.. heres one for ya.. 18 + 33. ok so FOB is 23, but the guy im kinda of seeing ish now is 33.

I thuoght that to be honest, but at the end of the day, I suppose I'm not one to judge.... she might just be a bit.... "odd" like that *shrugs*

That's about the same age gap as me and my OH, Kat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back