childrens age gap....

BeckyJ

Reaction score
what is the age gap between your children?
do you find it works ok?
what are your thoughts on this?

There is 12 years between George and Sam and it works great :D

George absolutely dotes on Sam, he can give him a bottle and loves entertaining him and can give me 5 mins break if i really need it :D
He is better at getting Sam to sleep than me and OH he seems to have the 'knack' with him.

I wouldn't have it any other way - i never intended on having a 12 year gap it was just the way it happened.

Will be 10 years between Cameron and his baby brother or sister, hopefully it will work well.

ha ha ha i cant help it jo im broody lol

not straight away but maybe next yr

Well seeing as this is my first then we don't actually have an age gap yet :oops: but we've already decided no more than 2.5 years if we can help it....probably about 2yrs would be ideal :D

There is nearly 4.5 years between me and my little brother and it has always caused problems. The age gap was just too big to really be able to play properly :( Even now he's going to turn 18 soon and is still a fairly immature bloke - and here I am...already 22 years old and married with my first kid on the way :roll: so it can be difficult to realte (even though we love each other unconditionally loads and loads! :hug: )

My husband has 1 year between him and his first sister and then a little over 1 year between her and his 2nd sister. He says it works really well. Ok they all need school uniform's etc at the same time :roll: but they knew that their parents would split their money evenly between them and they'd all get the same opertunities :)

Where as my brother got pocket money earlier and got a lot more than I did (because of inflation etc)...and got to go on a lot more school trips because we were slightly better off then etc etc and I did find it hard sometimes to accept because it wasn't my fault :shakehead:

my other half has a year between him and his sister and he said it worked well

Im really broody too im thinking another one when dd is about 2 ish would be ideal.

There will be about a 2 and half year gap between Gabs and her new brother/sister.

Ideally I wanted a 2.5 year gap; I will let you know how it works out :wink:

There is 14 years between my 2 and it works brilliant for me i have time to spend with both of them and kieron is ususally out doing his own thing.

10 months!!!

I have bad days and i have good - the good are AMAZING! the bad, ack.. i feel like a failer everywhere lol.

overall tho - i absolutly love it.

22 months between mine.

It's a good age gap - I like it a lot. Was hard at first when Alex was a newborn, but it's become easier as he's gotten a little older.

theres 8 between mine... I think its a good age gap... the eldest can go look after herself or entertain the baby if need be, and because she is older, she goes to bed later, so I get to spend quality time with each one each day... It would have been nice for them to be closer in age for when they were older, but lil miss thinks Tia is the best thing since booby milk.... and loves her dearly... Tia is learning the art of responsibility and caring. If she was younger I couldn't really trust Tia alone with the baby.

If I had no qualms about waiting to have another, I'd wait till lil miss was 5 as thats when they become really independent, but I really want to tie up my family by 32 so I can only really wait another 2 years, but I will leave it to the last moment. Although I feel broody, I also love spending time with my girls individually and I am enjoying watching lil miss learn and grow and see things for the first time.

And I've got two already so if I'm not blessed with another, then I am very grateful of the two I already have.

7years and 3 weeks between my2.i really worried about having such a big age gap between them all through my pregnancy as kiara was obviously an only child and had me to herself for so long.i need not have worried its worked out fab i dont think i could of planned it better.kiara is old enough to have some independence and she looks after caden for me when i need to do things like cook tea.when hes asleep or napping we get quality time together too.she loves spending time with him too.

when this baby is due my eldest will be 4 years 3 months and my youngest will be almost 16 months.

I'm looking forward to it, but i think it will be hard with having to drive my eldest to school each morning.

i'm hoping that we'll be able to get him into the before school club so oh can take him as he leaves for work early.

then ill just have to pick them up in the afternoon!!

I just hope that Oliver is walking by the time the baby is here!

all mine are fairly close together, and it works well, some days are good and some days are bad but i would'nt change anything :) , there is 1yr 2weeks between my first and second, the same age gap between my 2nd and 3rd and 16 months between my 3rd and 4th, between my 4th and 5th there should be 21 months (longer age gap this time)
may have number 6 in a few years, but all depends on our finances :(

Providing they come on time, there will be a 1 year and 3 day gap between Grace/Joe & Rome/Jaida

Less than a 2yr age gap for my babies :D
I wanted Isaac to be a twin, I just feel babies/children gain more from having siblings around, I think saying having babies close means you'll not have enough time is a pointless thing to say as your first will ALWAYS have a good 3,000hrs more on ANY future siblings (I read that in a baby mag so it must be a fact :lol: )

There will be 20-21 months between DS and this one depending on whether s/he arrives early or late! I'm expecting it to be pretty hard to start with because DS is already so independant & throwing temper tantrums etc, but I hope they'll grow up together and be good friends.

OH's already been talking about #3, I think we'll probably start TTC again We've always planned 3 children but I'm not ruling out any more...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back