AFTER A VERY TURBULENT 2 WEEKS.... LONG POST (SORRY)

xxsammyxx

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their lovely thoughts and kind gestures (especially Anna23 who pm'd me practically every day to make sure i was ok) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Its been a stressful and worrying time for us just lately due to relocating and it certainly took its toll on our relationship (not helped at all by OH's decision to LIE!) Anyway, we have spoken about everything and sorted everything and both admitted we love each other very much and dont want to lose each other. OH is looking at 2 places for us to to live on Tuesday and I go over on Friday 21st November until Sunday 30th November to visit and do some interviews etc.

If im honest i cant wait to leave Spain, the winter season is always the dullest, depressing part of living here and this area becomes a ghost town until April (Easter) time. If i could have turned back the clock i would never have moved here... its nice to live in the sun and the whole place seems like a holiday for the first few months but after that its endlessing paying out for, the schools are crap (in my opinion) and you have to pay €150 - €200 on books every term plus loads of other expenses. Its not all its cracked up to be, believe me. OH has a good job in Holland now and there is a lot of interest in my CV also so we should be fine with two salaries.

Meanwhile, on the TTC side of things, we have decided although NOT trying to prevent anything happening we are going to get ourselves settled, me with a job so i can get medical insurance and then if nothing has happened then being PG wise, then we are going to have ICSI/IVF within the next 5 months. OH just wants to make sure he gets his trial period over with at work and then he will be on an indefinate contract. After that hes happy to do whatever.... so, 5 months and 1 week to go (or 21 weeks as i like to look at it) As most of you will know we have already had more or less all the tests done for infertility and we have the results so we can more or less get straight into ICSI as soon as i get the green light :dance: I plan to move to Holland before xmas, probably in the next 2-3 weeks maximum (much to his dads delight - yep hes gonna love that idea :wink: :rotfl: ) Aww i bet his parents have OH's whole xmas planned out for him already.... shame they dont know that we will be spending it in SPAIN! :rotfl:

Anyway thanks to everyone that bothered to ask how i was, the lovely messages you left me and the kind advice you all gave me, i took it all on board and acted on all of it i think!!! :wink: There are some really kind people on here. Good luck to all the ladies TTC and lets hope we all get our BFP's soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

So lovely to hear from you hun and I'm so pleased you and your OH managed to sort things out :hug:

Sounds like a very sensible way to handle things - keep us posted PLEEEEEASE!

glad you have decided to give it another go hun, all the best hope the move and settling in goes well xx

Really pleased it all worked out hun, good luck for that BFP :hug: :hug:

Lovely to see you back in TTC! Hope the moves goes well and you know what they say New house new baby :wink: :pray:

:hug: :hug:

I dont really know what went on and dont really know you to well, but its good to see things are on the up for you, and I hope you get your bfp, good luck with the move I hope it all works out for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

glad ur back hun and so so happy u and OH have sorted things out....want to wish u all the look in the world with TTC :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good to have you back and hope you get your BFP soon! :hug:

Glad your back with us Darl, and your working things out ... *Big Hugs* :hug: :hug:

Hope you get your BFP soon x

Good luck with the move, fingers crossed it all sorts itself out and your BFP will arrive :pray: :pray:

:hug:

Was wondering how you was getting on after all your upset. Didn't think to PM you, sorry :(
Glad everything is getting back on track hun. Good luck with TTC :hug:

seem's pointless posting this now but i'm so glad your ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and things are working out :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks girls... you are all so lovely. Getting all emotional now.... :cry: :)

Well OH has found us a place to live in Rotterdam, im going over there for 9 days this friday and then i guess i will come back, load the removal van up and fly back there to live. It will be a whole new experience... Only 24 months now until we can relocate to the USA! :cheer: I love being in the sun every day and i hate living in countries with the cold and wet (winter basically) After living in the UK all my life i had enough of it, lived 3 years in sunny Spain and now i can look forward to 2 years experiencing winter in Holland BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! :fib: I think ill be ready to thaw out after that! I have lived in Florida before and i have always regretted leaving so its always been my dream to go back. Hopefully in the next 2 years we can complete our family, settle in the States and grow old happy. Its been a very stressful couple of years here for everyone. Ive seen so many couples split up through stress and worries. Im glad we are leaving and getting back to doing things "normally". I can safely say I hope i never move back here. Yep, its great for a holiday, the sun and beaches are nice but hey who the hell has time to go to them in the day if your working? (OK i havent been but hey ho! :lol: ) Better go and dig my winter clothes out then... :)

Ooooh we're thinking of going to the States for a couple of years but only to Conneticut so no mild winters for us! We did do 2 1/2 years in TX a while back though and loved it. Waking up to sunshine most days is the best feeling!
Good luck with the move!

VickiH said:
Ooooh we're thinking of going to the States for a couple of years but only to Conneticut so no mild winters for us! We did do 2 1/2 years in TX a while back though and loved it. Waking up to sunshine most days is the best feeling!
Good luck with the move!

I know i loved Florida... the job OH has just got is because the other bloke has just relocated through the company. We could have gone to Canada as i have relatives there but :talkhand: to hell with that, i wouldnt live there if my life depended on it! Its bloody freezing there in the winter... if im moving to the sun then i want to be in it all the time not part time! We may look at buying a property in the USA now while the economy is low and house prices are cheap. However, compared to the UK the house prices in the states are REALLY cheap. I have sold my house now in the UK and could buy one 3 times the size of mine in the UK with a huge swimming pool. Madness really... I dont mind going to Holland for a couple of years though as it will give us a good chance to save up plenty of money as OH has just got a fantastic job and im going to work as well (until i am too fat and pregnant to work!) USA (Florida) far the best country i have ever lived in and i miss it soooo much :hug:

Hmmmmm maybe we should all move to the states if we can have swimming pools....

yes please. the train metaphor might have to change to an airport though!

We might get a bit on the soggy side if we went by train.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back