Should i buy Ovulation tests? Sorry, long!

jinx81_2005

Reaction score
Hi there, well, im kinda new to this site, i was here 6 years ago for quite sum time and eventually had ivf and had my twins on 20.12.2003, i had egg problems.... i then split with my husband and am now happily with my new bf. Neither of us thought it were possible for me to fall pregnant so after just 3 months together was a bit of a shock to find out we were expecting.
Unfortunely i lost my baby at 12 wks on 23rd july.
We didnt really want a baby that soon but once we lost it we realised just how much we would like one, we have been bd'ing when we can (he works away) and no joy yet, AF showed up on fri, but was strange, was brown spotting on and off all day then proper bleed all night, then stopped sat, bd'ed sat night then light bleed again today.
I have done 4 tests which were all bfn.
Could i be pg? its been so long since i was obsessing over all this but now i am and im wondering what are the ovulation tests like? should i buy sum? which brand is best?
Thanx

hi welcome back :wave:
sorry about your m/c. as for OPK's have a look on ebay as buying the cb ones etc can become quite expensive! most of the people on here use ebay to get their tests. You shoudl start using them around day 9 of your cycle and then until you detect your LH surge. good luck. :)

I used the cheap ones from ebay and also an online company called access diagnostics. I never got a positive with the clearblie digitals.

My doctor however does not recommend them - I think she thinks I'm a bit neurotic (aren't we all!) and says just to BD every other day.

I thought they were useful for a couple of months to see what my cycle was like, but I am giving up for a while now and "trying to relax".

all the best

Hi

Just thought ide say welcome back and im sure alot of ladies will be glad to help you .
Katrina

Hi

Just thought ide say welcome back and im sure alot of ladies will be glad to help you .
Katrina

If you do decide to use OPK's be careful they don't make BDing a chore.
I didn't find that because I never told OH until a couple of days after I ovulated.

I had a second miscarriage at the end of June beginning of July.
I decided that I couldn't wait 5 months as it had previously taken both times to get Pg and I wanted to get to know my body and when I ovulated.
My cycles vary from 28-33 days.

So I decided to start charting at the end of July (my chart is in the chart stalker section). And using OPK's.
I started using OPK's around day 9 as Emma said because I had no idea when I ovulated as I didn't get Ovulation pain like some people do.
And I carried on using them every day until I detected a slight surge and then I used them morning and night as I went through the surge and ovulated.

A word of warning though, some people never see a surge they can ovulate overnight or don't ovulate at all.
It is also a great idea to chart your temperature too, as you notice a dip before ovulation and the constant high temps after.

I mainly did it to get an idea of how my body worked.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Charm X

i used them for one month and thought it was very interesting. I didnt get a BFP but it was cool seeing that i ovulated and when i did. :rotfl: :cheer:

I bought some for the first time back in July and gave them a go and they worked for me. I'd been ttc since July 05. This website may be helpful to you; www.peeonastick.com, as it's all about OPK's. Around the time I thought I would ovulate I started using them. On one particular day I tested in the morning and saw no surge, then again mid-day and there was a surge. I then tested again later that evenin and the surge had gone. So a word of advice, if you do use them test throughout the day and not just once a day, as you may miss your surge. This is also explained on the website above.

Hope this helps.

Caz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back