Advice needed Plz :)

BabyWestwood

Reaction score
Ive only been in my new job for just over 1 month so havnt signed a contract yet. Im starting to show already but havnt told work! Im worried that if I do they might let me go and just say I wasnt suitable for the job! I dont get a contract for another 2 months!!!

Any advice on what I should do? xxxx

I spoke to my hubby who works in HR, he basically said that you have little to no rights until you have your contract signed, so it's a case of keep quiet and claim weight gain if anyone asks, or admit your pregnant and risk them basically saying you aren't right for the position.

Sorry hun :( You might have to make the call at some point, but I would say keep quiet for as long as you can, if your good at your job and can show it then they are more likely to keep you on.

Definitely keep it quiet, unless you do a job where part of your role might be detrimental to the pregnancy. Very few companies would keep someone on in these circumstances, although they would usually not be blatant enough to admit it's because of the pregnancy.

Sorry, it must be hard for you xxx

Don't say anything would be my advise, I was working for Safeways and they asked me outright ' Are you pregnant or do you intend to have more children this year' before they gave me a contract to sign. I don't suggest you lie in that situation , I hope it doesn't come to that for you. Good luck, xx

i have a feeling its against discrimination laws for an employer to ask you about having children or pregnancy if they ask you outright, don't lie, but if you are terminated take them to court and claim sex discrimination. Fight it. Look up your rights but i'm pretty sure that as you don't have to report it until you are something like 20-22 weeks, unless it is a health and safety issue. I don't know the details but employment law is pretty hot for this, so look it up! good luck hun, its a tough situation.

You have to let your employers know either 15 weeks prior to EDD or 15 weeks prior to the date you want to start maternity leave (I can't remember which!! Sorry! )

XXXXXXXXX

Don't say anything would be my advise, I was working for Safeways and they asked me outright ' Are you pregnant or do you intend to have more children this year' before they gave me a contract to sign. I don't suggest you lie in that situation , I hope it doesn't come to that for you. Good luck, xx
OMG was that recently?? That's totally against the law.

You have to let your employers know either 15 weeks prior to EDD or 15 weeks prior to the date you want to start maternity leave (I can't remember which!! Sorry! )

XXXXXXXXX

You have to let your employers know either 15 weeks prior to EDD

This one :)

xxx

Well they now know! Had to leave work to today as was having blood clots! They were super supportive (for now) spent the day at the hospital all is fine with the baby and they cant confirm why I was bleeding!

Thank u all 4 ur advice xxx

Oh well, the decision was taken out of your hands.

Glad you and the baby are OK. That must have been so worrying! Xxx

Hope you're feeling ok! Glad to hear all's well with bump x

Work have been VERY good have even given me my contract to sign 2 months early!! xxx

Aww that's fantastic :) how nice if them!!! If only all companies were that nice!!! Xx

aww thats great news on both accounts, i had a bleed at 9 weeks with my 15 yr old it was massive bleed they said i had mc till we seen the scan still dont know y i bled x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back