Feeling soooo sick and starting new job on Monday!!

Dollie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I'm starting a new job next week and im feeling so sick all day every day! I accepted the job before I found out I was pregnant so won't be telling them for a few weeks. But im worried about being able to hide the sickness. Can anyone offer any tips to help without making it obvious??!! lol

Also, can anyone offer any advice on starting a job whilst pregnant, my rights etc? I have no choice but to start it now or I will be unemployed but im scared they'll find a way to sack me.

Thank You!! xx

I agree with Pos. One thing to consider though do you have a probationary period? I wouldn't tell them until that is over so they can't sneakily make a different excuse during that time. By law you don't have to tell your employer until 15 weeks before you are due.

On the sickness front. Try eating little but often. My desk has been filled with fruit and crackers for weeks so I can graze when I need to. The ginger thing worked for me, I've been sipping ginger ale throughout the day. Also watermelon was a good one. Experiment a bit and see what works for you.

Eating a piece of fruit before bed always helped me feel better the next day cos my blood sugars font go too low over night :) x

I found my sickness travel bands from my last pregnancy this morning, although I am a skeptic for these types of things I think they make a huge difference. I'm not sure if I should wear them all the time or not though in case I get immune, definitely worth giving them a go. Good luck on Monday Dollie!

Thanks ladies, ive been eating some grapes on the drive in to work which is helping, ive also found polos to be a total life saver!

Can't any input into the sickness issue, but best of luck with your new job :) x

Thank you, first couple of days have gone well. Managing to hide the sickness so far! Lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back