advice needed on OPK please!!!

*CLAIREBEAR*

Reaction score
hello!
i got some OPK from ebay,i have never had a positive from them yet although i get CM and at the right times of the month!
my periods are pretty spot on,usually 28-30 days (last month i went 33 days though) this month i started the OPK from day 11,and have done one every day since,im now day 17 and still no positive on these damn tests!!
been BDing every day since friday so can anyone shed any light on what is going on??
i feel pretty frustrated with these tests as my body is doing what it is meant to be doing at the right times but these tests say otherwise!
i always do the test arond 5.30 pm as i know not to ue FMU.
GRRRRRRRRRRR!! has anyone else used these and got no positiives???
what can it mean as im really confused???
thanks!!

Hi Claire,

I too have got some cheapy OPK's and am also confused as I have not had a positive either yet my CM and temps are indicating that i'm ov'ing (fingers crossed).

I have read that the OPK's may only pick up a result in a small time frame so it is possible we have missed that window.

I'd love to see a positive that way I know whether I am ov'ing or not.

If you have been BD'ing regularly i'd imagine that should be enough to fingers crossed catch that egg.

hi hippychick!
thanks for the reply!!
yes i was hoping i had just missed the window on the tests but hopefully not on the BD'ing!
this might sound a stupid question (im pretty new to this TTC! stuff) but can you have periods and not ovulate??

Yes you can have periods but not ovulate. It is called annovulatory bleeding. When you say you havent had a positive OPK, do you mean that you havent had any lines at all during the month?

I didnt used to think that I was getting positive OPKs, but I discovered that if I use 2 maybe even 3 a day when I expect to be ovulating, at different times of course, that I do get positive results. The time frame for catching the surge can be very slim. I sometimes just take my strongest line, even if its isnt as strong as the control line, as a positive result for the month. However you can still have LH surges and therefore positive OPKs without actually ovulating, so they are best used in conjunction with the consistency of your fertile fluid, so if you have EWCM and a fairly strong line on an OPK you can say pretty surely that you are about to ovulate.

Also last month my most positive result was done with FMU!

Thanks Loola,

I was only testing once a day and getting no lines at all, I probably missed the surge.

Fingers crossed i'll get a pos next cycle.

hey girls.. just been reading this thread...

i've been using OPK's since coming off the pill, and only 1nce did i get a postive OPK...

i used to do 2 a day.. for 2 or 3days either side of the time i thought i was ovulating..

I dont doubt the opk's but i dont think there as accurate as what your body is telling you..
i was gettin lines on them around the right time, but nothing like as strong as other line... i also did tests occasionaly throughout the month, and didnt even get a faint line.. so i presumed when i got a faint i was O...
Even tho they say dont take a faint as a positive.. and there right not to as you get faints sometimes because you carry the hormone all the time..

Anyway to cut to the chase.. i got very faint opk's around time i thought i was O this month, and actually posted "why arnt i ovulating" i thought it was because i m/c in Dec...

Anyway.. i Got my BFP this month! so i must have done hehe...

good luck girls xxxx hope this helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back