Advice on ovulation etc....

Michelley

Reaction score
A big hello to everyone, im new and its my first thread :)

Iv been off the pill since January and iv been having regular periods since May, my cycle varies a little every month but iv been doing ovulation tests and iv been ovulating every month about 14-16 days after the first day of my period...anyway this month i started ovulation on Sunday 5th September and being doing ovulations tests every day and this is my third say of ovulation this month.....iv been having sex dailey since Thursday......What are my chances of getting pregnant?

I keep thinking theres something wrong with me, i know it takes time but everyone else seems to be getting pregnant apart from me and its very fustrating :mad:

Last edited:
Your testing too late, IMO you want to start using OPKs from day 9 especially with irregular cycles.

Good luck xxx

How can i be testing too late, im ovulating at the moment?

Hi Michelley,

Try not to worry too much, you have only been regular since May so it has not been that long really. Healthy couples usually have around a 20-30% chance of falling each month and on average will be pregnant within a year. Everyone varies though and it does not mean anything is wrong.

Good luck

x

Hiya :)

You do realise that you only ovulate on one day, right?

So it's confusing that you say "third day of ovulation" because there is no such thing :oooo:

With your OPKs when you get a positive result, you should ovulate in 24-48 hours.

When you say you started ovualtion on the 5th, do you mean you ovulated then or you got your positive OPK then?

As for your chances, as good as anyone - even if it doen't feel that way ;)

You've only had a regular cycle since May, so that only 4 cycles ago... it might feel like forever, but it isn't really and there are lots of girls on here including myself in exactly the same boat :)

If you really feel like you want to make sure nothing is physically wrong, get the tests done asap just for peace of mind.

I'm going to go all the way to Lewisham for an ultrasound if i don't catch this cycle - my friend took 5 years ttc and IVF to get pregnant and her only advice to me was not to wait too long before getting tests done.

Well iv done the ovulation tests for the last 4 days and they are all positive tests.....its all confusing! Im trying to get my head round it :)

Have you done a pregnancy tests recently ? very unusual to have so many positive ovulation tests ..... what tests are you using if you dont mind me asking ?

That is wierd! My ovulation tests have sometimes shown a good line for 2 days running (the line shows up in the 48 hours before you actually drop the egg as it were) but never for longer than that.

However if you have been having sex since Thursday then I would say you are in with a very good chance indeed! I would just keep going until the line stops appearing on the tests. Your body might still be a little out of kilter, but no reason why you shouldn't get pregnant. Keep shagging til you know you are way past it :)

Iv been using ovulation cassettes. No not done a preg test since last month. Im assuming they work because i did one on saturday and it was negative and then sunday, monday, tuesday and today they have all been positive - i thought this was abit unusual.

Im been having sex daily apart from yesterday.

Not to worry you but could it be that you have PCOS? Have you been tested for this? I have PCOS and it can mean that a reading on an ovulation test will be more often positive as you have more LH in your system rather than you are ovulating? I hope its not and its a BFP! xx

Hmm, it's a bit of a tricky one...

OPKs are useful but don't work for everyone.

It is possible that the OPKs that you are using are too sensitive and your LH is rising above the positive threshold before you actually get your surge.

It is not the LH amount but the surge in LH that indicates ovulation.

As long as you are having sex every other day from CD 10ish then you should be covered for conception.

If you are concerned about whether or not you are ovualting at all, you can get a progesterone test done that will tell you.

Best bet is to speak to your GP.

oops sorry i meant LH surge, when you have PCOS they tell you not to use OPK's. Just a suggestion, as LouiseB says, best to speak to your GP. best of luck xx

God knows whats happening! Just have to wait and see i suppose!

Hiya and welcome to the forum :)

I haven't started using OPKs yet, just electing to have daily fun with DH between 12-17days over ovulation: :)

From what I've heard 4days of +OPK is unusual but there are plenty of people who know stacks more than I do :)

Best of luck getting your BFP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back