Pee sticked off!! UPDATED inc pics see P1 advice needed please xx

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Don't know if you have seen my posts this week but here's what's going on with me-

Sunday- very positive opk, OV?
Monday- very negative opk
Tuesday- very negative opk
Wednesday- didnt bother to test as I thought it was all over.
Thursday- OV pains, did an opk, pretty positive really??
Friday- did an opk and it was pretty positive again! (see pic of cheapie)
Saturday- Boots OPK, Positive?.. ( was the same as todays, see pic CD22)
Sunday- Boots OPK positive?..

When I use opk's mine are either negative with a very faint line or positive with a really dark
Line so I'm super confused!!

I thought I was 6dpo today but now I'm not too sure?! I'm Cd20 if I haven't OV'd yet, arrgh!!

I was planning a chilled out 2ww this cycle and now I dont know whats going on, but if it is OV now testing day is my birthday again!

What do you reckon girls?

Just to update I had to buy Boots OPKs as I ran out of cheapies, and I think they are pretty positive, as I hove found out the cheapies are 20miu (sensitive) so I doubt the Boots ones are as sensitive, but who knows??

Has anyone ever used Boots OPKs?

What do you think of my pics, for me they are deffo positive as I have the faintest line ever if I'm negative but would you class both pics as positive?

Also have you ever had a surge then a few days of negatives and then a few days of positives?

Confused :-? .com!!

Xx

Attachments

• OPK CD19.png
    OPK CD19.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 38
  • OPK CD 22.png
    OPK CD 22.png
    104 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I reckon you jump on OH ASAP. HPT test as late as poss if your OV is a bit random this month. I always test to early and get really worked up about it so am trying to get out of that habit.

im the same positive on cd 16 and now had a positive last night? Cd 24. Grr. Did you use clomid this month. Also i did hear a pos opk can indicate pregnancy not to get your hopes up!

:shakehead: why are these things sent to try us?? I'd just keep up with the bd :) altho it is very annoying when u don't quite know where your cycles at! Xx

Maybe - just an idea, maybe you released two eggs? That could maybe account for one positive OPK then another positive a day or so later...

Might sound a bit barmy but could have happened - you could have fertilised two eggs and it's twins! My hubby is a (is it fraternal) twin - i.e. not identical because his Mum released two eggs and BAM! 9 months later, hubby & his sister x

ALSO - this is consistent with Agnus Castus encouraging ovulation... Just a thought x

Oooh I'd love twins Jen mental I know but I've just managed to get my two Nieces and Nephew to sleep in 5 mins so you never know maybe I'll be able to cope with twins no probs!

I've just realised girls I have no OPKs, I'll have to grab some in the morning..

xx

mine are still positive maybe. Im testin monday if still positive. If i ovulated earlier im 11dpo ish so lets hope its a detection of somethin ele for me

Hello Hun,

I think mine may be too but I had to buy the Boots own ones today as I ran out of cheapies and I haven't used them before so have no comparison but it looked positive to me.

I'll test again tomorrow and see how things go.

Let me know how you get on with tomorrow's won't you, really hope this is a cheeky BFP for you!

xx

Hi Maybe Baby

Saw this in my FF charting emails:

"Multiple positive OPKs or Positive OPK several days before Ovulation

"Luteinizing Hormone (LH), which is detected by Ovulation Prediction Kits, may be elevated even when you are not immediately approaching ovulation. This can cause you to see multiple positive OPKs. When this happens, you will probably ovulate just after the last positive OPK if you continue to use the kit, though this may occur in anovulatory cycles as well. Nonetheless, you should treat any positive OPK reading as meaning that you may be about to ovulate.

"Some fertility medications may interfere with OPK results. Check with your doctor and/or the OPK manufacturer if you are taking fertility medications and observe unusual OPK results."

I don't know if this is applicable but I have read that PCOS can cause multiple positive OPKs?

OTOH a friend of mine knows a lady who had twins... but one was conceived a week before the other - so she ovulated twice that cycle, a week apart :)

:clover:

Last edited:
Thanks Tinsel cat, that's really helpful, the only thing with me is I've gone positive negative positive!

I've been tested and scaned for PCOS so I guess twins would be an option but a plain old BFP would do nicely!

Who knows what's going on, i'm still positive today I think, I'm going to make a new post now...

xx

Hiya maybe

If these where mine i personally would say they are negative.. I get some not quite positive but nearly positive just before AF is due for 4 days.

I'm not saying this is the case for you but that is how I would look at it if they was mine.

Sorry my post was useless but I thought any input is better than none hehe

Good luck chick x

Thanks Loopy Lou,

I'd maybe say they were negative too if I was advising someone else but, my negatives are practically no line, I wish I had some cheapies, then I'd know for sure as I've used them so much!

How are you anyway Hun??

xx

Any advice Girls?? :)

Read the first post and let me know what you think please...

Thanks

xx

i have used boots own i think they are less sensative when i got my positive on ic my boots one was like that too. Id say its positive

read my post in 'Am I pregnant' I was doing OPKs. Very faint from CD9-CD11. Positive on CD11 so I classed that as OV day. Then faint or negative till 14DPO and it was positive again so the girls on here urged me to do a HPT cheapie and it was positive. OPKs can pick up early signs of pregnancy and if youre 4 days till AF if could be......
X

Thanks Pickle and Cherry!

I've just done another one now and it's gone quite a bit lighter, I'll test again tomorrow and see what happens...

Would love a BFP like you Cherry, hope you are well!

xx

Attachments

• OPK CD22 PM.png
    OPK CD22 PM.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 5
hey MB, without seeing the pics of the first positive OPK its hard to say. i would guess that first positive you got may have actually been a dark negative. my lines go dark and lighter on opks throughout the month, that's why i stick to the digi CB OPK so i don't get confused.

i reckon that the last positives you had were the actual positives (is that when you would normally expect OV?) xx

What DPO are you hun?

I'm brilliant thanks. I have avoided PF this week to take my mind off testing - I'm 10DPO when its midnight ( 8 minutes to go lol) so I have avoided symptom spotting and testing. I dont want to cave :-(

Xx

Ok, so it's not PCOS, so i think it has to be Angus Castus related :)

It is known to send OPKs a bit crazy because it tries to stabilise progesterone levels but your body is supposed to have a sudden surge of progesterone which contributes in the LH abruptly dropping.

The body doesn't want us to have multiples so once it knows we have one egg on the go, it drops FSH and LH to prevent the rest of the follicles from maturing and releasing.

I assume that sometimes the AC can stop the progesterone rising as fast as it would do normally, which then results in the LH hanging around for longer than it should do.

That is also why you shouldn't take it after OV, because it doesn't allow your uterus to get nice and fat for implantation because that also requires your progesterone to shoot up.

So, i think that you OV'd around about the time you got your first strong positive OPK and your progesterone shot up and your OPKs went negative, but then AC came along and tried to stabilise the progesterone shooting up which then allowed the LH levels to rise and linger.

I don't think you are ovulating again, i just think that the LH release might have been prolonged and then is lingering due to progesterone levels.

That's my guess anyway ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back