Absolutely Terrified!

astywoo

Reaction score
I have only just found out I am pregnant at 17+1! Had no real signs, been on the pill thinking all was well, taking strong pain killers for back problems (normal thing there)! Not showing etc etc, went to doctors for different type of pill, they asked me to do a test and I was shocked when it came back positive! Dating scan yesterday put me at 17+1 today.

Now, I am terrified, my partner doesn't really want children at all though has said he will support me,but currently living in a static caravan and would obviously have to move, which he cant due to work, so I would for all purposes be a single mother!

Any advice/reassurances would be appreciated :(

It's an amazing and trialling thing being pregnant :) there will be aches and pains along the way all of which you will find the people here can sympathise with :)

In respects to where you live, how come BF can;t move because of work does he work on the site?

Whatever happens the support from here is amazing and CONGRATULATIONS :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Oh hunny huge congrats!! Wow!!
It's amazing how mother nature plays with your life but she does it for a reason!!

You'll find lots of support on here and I imagine once the shock has settled in you'll both be able to work things out and come up with a reasonable option of living together etc xxx

I hope so :( At the moment he really does need to stay here and accommodation is no good for a baby, damp and gets cold very quickly etc.

Its just come as such a shock, especially to be so far along and not have had a clue!

Thanks for replies :)

Congratulations! I too wasn't expecting to get pregnant and it was a huge shock. My partner was also not keen on the idea!

Fortunately I realised at about 6 weeks because of my missed period. I haven't had any real symptoms though, and if I'd had no reason to check, I'm not sure that I would have known (even now at 19 weeks)! So I can understand how it's possible to get to 17 weeks and not have realised.

It must be a real shock for you, but as the news sinks in you will start to come to terms with it all. And work out a plan of action. From being completely dumbstruck, me and my OH are now really happy and are looking forward to our new arrival. It just takes a bit of getting used to. Don't panic. And there are lots of people on here who can offer lots of good advice. :)

Oh wow what a shock for you both! Do you have family/friends locally to help and support you both?

You and your partner just need to be open with each other all the way on your thoughts and feelings. You may not always agree with each other but you can always understand.

Lots of families are divided because of work and other reasons but it doesn't always have to be that way. As much as we try our lives are not always how we would of liked or planned for them to be.

You will be fine, you still have lots of time to prepare and start enjoying your pregnancy.

Congratulations, wishing you all the best! xx

wow what a shock but a happy one.
I couldnt come to terms with it at first and its only recently that ive got used to the idea x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back