A womens brain is an amazing but annoying tool!

positivity :)

Reaction score
how has this happend...

i joined this group about a month ago and thought, right now Sarah, you must remain sensible, no POAS before AF, no analysing every twinge and no convincing myself i am pregnant before a BFP! however..

i ovulated last thursday done lots of BD and now i think i already have signs which i know are (A - made up in my head and (B - going to get worse as i listen to the signs and my body starts agreeing that i'm preggers when i'm not! its so hard to remain sensible!

yesterday and today i have had a brown spotting (started bright red yesterday but been brown since) so OF COURSE i'm now convinced its implantation.

Been sitting at my desk all day convinced i feel sick..i'm sure its in my head as when i'm distracted it goes away! how do i stop my silly brain from running away with itself??

Sorry for the rant, any sensible advice much appreciated xxx

Ha ha! Welcome to the dark side......... you can be as mental as you like here and so that's just a ticket to do it! Since I came on here I have been given so many mad ideas by other mad girls and have embraced them far too much! The ebay cheapies were suggested and now i am a poas addict twice a month (ov and AF), the legs in the air thing I got from here and now spend far too long upside down, I started drinking decaff coffee which makes me vicious but I'm still doing it, i bang on about every tiny symptom like a total hypercondriac. But you know what? I'm happier because at least I am doing something! Otherwise i would obsess in the dark whilst DH snores beside me and now i know i can be mental and it's ok because there are loads of us and so it isnt abnormal, it's just that ttc is hard and so it's ok to take it on

xxxxxxx

I completely agree with StarFish that doing something, even if it seems crazy, is waaaaay better than doing nothing :good:

Nope, not much sensible advice from me on this topic i'm afraid lol

I am doing things that are so out of character!

I had a crazy first cycle ttc and you either get pregnant or crash back down to earth with a HUGE thud... and start plotting your revenge on the evil witch ;)

And it gets worse with every cycle.

I agree ladies, i wasnt sane before i started ttc but i was alot saner than i am now!!
I got excited today coz my OH let me now my ov sticks had come in the post! x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha! i guess it helps to know that it's 'normal' if that makes sense!? just have to accept that im going to be going a bit stir crazy for a while lol! xx

I feel exactly the same, over analyzing every little symptom! I was convinced that I was pregnant (am 9 days late and have lots of symptoms) but go a BFN this morning, so made an appointment with doctor and am having blood tests done now!

She did however tell me that our brains produce hormones to that sometimes mask pregnancy ones especially when we want it so much!!

I don't know we women spend half of our lives trying NOT to get pregnant and them become obsessed with it when we do want to!!!

Glad to know im not alone with the crazyness!

x

All i can reccomend is a frontal lobotomy :lol:

Yep, this ttc business sends us all a bit loopy i think. Ive done 3 tests so far this months starting from 2dpo and im not even due af until the 19th!!! All common sense seems to have gone out the window.... its like being in limbo isnt it? xx

Am I being the only good one and waiting til my allocated date to test? :lol:

I swore i was going to be good this month but no such hope!! x

I have gone over my allocated date and still havent tested...... I will be strong!!! lol

Am I being the only good one and waiting til my allocated date to test? :lol:

Nope :) That's probably the only bit i'm good with actually, but i started only buying CB Digitals so i can't afford to test on a whim at £5 a pop (from Costco) :shock:

Ha ha! Princess and Vicky, I'm with you on this one :nopoas:

It's too much of a let down seeing that lonely little line...or even worse; the words NOT PREGNANT on a CBD! I'd rather be blissfully unaware until the witch makes her appearance. Plus, it makes next month feel shorter if you wait...that's what I keep telling myself anyway! :)
I'm definitely a tad more crazy though. I'm taking temps and logging CM etc as well as analysing every little twinge! It's completely pointless for me though as I was convinced last month was my month and I got a BFN.

A little bit of crazy is good...although I'd rather like to think of it as a little bit of hope!

Good luck girls!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one going slightly crazy- it seems a perfectly acceptable part of ttc. I'm already a :poas:: OPK's pre ovulation and internet cheapie's post ovulation. I keep trying to hide all the wrappers under other things in the bin as DH tells me off:lol:
I feel happy I'm going through this temporary madness with all you other lovely ladies!

Just googled 'trying to get pregnant' and fortunately found this site and this thread!
Only been trying a couple of months and it's taken me since my first period till now to realise that the reason i've been in a rubbish mood for last while is that somewhere in the back of my mind is the little voice saying 'am i pregnant yet? Yoiks what if i am, when do i test? but what if i'm not am does that mean i never will be!
Glad to find that i'm not the only one!

Fraggle, I hear ya lady! And Positivity - spotting sounds good! I'm the same, every bit of air...well lets face it WIND, in my stomach, I think something is twitching. I end up dreaming I'm pregnant and waking up thinking I might be. Spotting though, that I'd be excited about! lol. Sounds like a good sign to me.

xxx

thanks LauraAnne the trouble is it was only 4dpo and i believe it should be at least 6dpo... i suppose i can dream that i am a freak of nature and it happens much earlier for me lol ! xxx

Hey everyone, i just found this site and i'm glad to know that i ain't the only one a bit obsessed. This is our first month and i'm already a bit crazy. i'm on day 31 of my cycle and no af but i have very irregular af, very annoying as you have no idea when to test!! :(

Welcome fellow Newbies!

Be warned I only joined a few days ago and I'm already (a) hooked and (b) a bit more loopy than I was before :rolleyes: :p :D

Last edited:
any update positivity? fingers crossed for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back