This TTC business is frying my brain!

@Bubbles

Reaction score
Hi all, stumbled across this site while looking up pregnancy symptoms, have been reading for hours :D

This is my first time trying to conceive, and must admit its confusing me silly! periods haven't been regular since coming off the pill and i cant get my head around working out when i'm ovulating :sad: Just kind of been enjoying the 'practise' and seeing what happens :lol:

I should be due on in the next week roughly, and have had a few symptoms...a couple of weeks ago had cramping but no spotting, randomly had one day of heartburn :???: get little hot flushes now and then. I know its just wishful thinking though... we would be extremely lucky seeing as we're playing a guessing game. And also if i'm rational about it, i could explain some of the symptoms as something else... been peeing alot cos i've had a urine infection for example! :(

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and looking forward to sharing experiences on here! Need to get learning about this ovulation business, wish it was simple!!! :wall2:

Hi Bubbles and welcome.
Fingers crossed this is the month for you, but either way this site is a lovely warm place filled with very kind and knowledgable ladies to help you along the way.

xxDaisy

Hi & welcome bubbles :wave: :) good luck with ttc the first thing you should do is relax, don't stress yourself out, getting to understand your cycles is an interesting hobby its surprising what you can learn about yourself whilst you are plotting your daily moods, aches, pains, etc... Its all good fun lol xx

Hi bubbles! Welcome to pf, this place is very addictive and some lovely girls here! I highly recommend charting to help figure out your cycles x

Hi Bubbles, love ur screen name. It was my cats name but we had to give him away.

Anyway, welcome to PF. If ur not sure about when u OV, I recommend OPK's (ovulation predictor kits) - they are little sticks u wee on and they tell u if ur OVing or not.
X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Welcome bubbles - I've been on Pregnancy forum for over a month and have learned so much already! Fertility friend has been great for info and charting and just reading this forum means I now take Evening Primrose Oil and have bought a Clearblue Fertility Monitor and a book called Taking charge of your fertility. Plus it's worth watching The Great Sperm Race on Channle 4 as that's very good :)
Good luck with your journey and I'll see you on the way... xx

Aww thanks for replies :) have tried ovulation tests before, but can't work out even roughly when I should be testing, ended up wasting a lot of money! Been over analysing every single little feeling/ache/pain today, am really getting frustrated with myself, its becoming an obsession! :(

hi hun, welcome to the forum, we are like an extended family on here and very supportive :)

there are a number of ways to predict ur ovulation times , its just down to the individual which you prefer

Using OPK's is helpful because the day you get a positive one (i.e. your test line is same darkness as control line or darker) lets you know ul more than likely be ovulating the following day. Its advised to poas with opk's in afternon or evening NOT morning as you dont want your wee too concentrated (but u need to refrain rom drinking for few hrs before doing it so maybe have lat drink at 12 then poas at 5ish)

alternatively you can do temperature charting which is good as you start to notice a pattern emerging in your cycles

there is also checking your cervical mucus (you may have seen girls sayign"EWCM"..this means egg white cervical mucus. your cm tells u alot about whether u are ovulating or not, as your partners swimmers need it to reach your egg etc (the great sperm race explains this in more detail)

anyway if you need anymore advice please feel free to ask any one of us xxxx

Hi all, stumbled across this site while looking up pregnancy symptoms, have been reading for hours :D

This is my first time trying to conceive, and must admit its confusing me silly! periods haven't been regular since coming off the pill and i cant get my head around working out when i'm ovulating :sad: Just kind of been enjoying the 'practise' and seeing what happens :lol:

I should be due on in the next week roughly, and have had a few symptoms...a couple of weeks ago had cramping but no spotting, randomly had one day of heartburn :???: get little hot flushes now and then. I know its just wishful thinking though... we would be extremely lucky seeing as we're playing a guessing game. And also if i'm rational about it, i could explain some of the symptoms as something else... been peeing alot cos i've had a urine infection for example! :(

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and looking forward to sharing experiences on here! Need to get learning about this ovulation business, wish it was simple!!! :wall2:
Hi I only found this yesterday myself and I'm already feeling more confidant, I went through the whole ovulation kit thing, bought the monitor, disaster couldn't work the dam thing, then tried the digital sticks great but cost a fortune now I'm sticking to tracking my cm, once you get the hang of it and get to know your body you will be able to tell when your ovulating, once I got used to the cm tracking I used the fertility sticks for a few months and now I'm bang on every month.

Best of luck and hopefully we will chat soon.

The TTC part of it isn't too bad!

The 2WW part of it is a killer - it drives me seriously nuts!

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back