A glass wine now and then , ok or not ???

scandicmum85

Reaction score
I wonder what you ladies think of this.. Is it really ok to have a glass wine now and then during pregnancy ? I read one place its safe, next place its not safe.. What to believe? My midwife sayd 2 glass wine a week is fine...

I think it's fine to have a glass of wine every now and then :) I have been :) x

yeah me midwife said safe to have 1 or 2 glasses wine a week but me personally doesnt see point 1 or 2 lol just me so a havent had a drink at all x

Can't see a problem with the odd drink here and there, I'll prob have the odd cold bottle of beer in the summer when I fancy it!

I wonder what you ladies think of this.. Is it really ok to have a glass wine now and then during pregnancy ? I read one place its safe, next place its not safe.. What to believe? My midwife sayd 2 glass wine a week is fine...

that's the problem - everyone says different things! My mw said that apparently it's ok to drink a bit from time to time, but it's likely that these recommendations will change again soon.

as there is no way of knowing for 100%, I would not risk it. It definitely will not be doing any good to the baby, so why take the risk?

I know a few of my friends who had a glass of wine a night when they were pregnant! I personally choose not to, but purely because I know once I have one I'll just want more, so I stick with my non-alcoholic beer/cider :)

I think a couple a week won't hurt. Personally I've not done it regularly but on special occasions like Xmas and special parties.

It's personal preference though.

I chose not to but I know people who did/do. I just think I can go without, I had couple of sips of my husband's beer on a couple of occasions.

I know it will be going to my baby so I just dont want to drink it but thats just me.

I also choose not to. I don't particularly need to drink it so I can live without it until my little one is out into the world and safe. Then if I want to indulge a bit I can.

xxx

My advise is, if you fancy a glass of wine have a bloody glass of wine! Your pregnant not ill, you can still live your life. This sounds un-responsible but people smoke, take drugs and drink continuous amounts during pregnancy and their babies mostly come out fine, if anything is going to happen to our unborn babies ?*touch wood it doesn't * but it would happen regardless of what you eat or drink. You would still find a way you've done wrong and blame yourself, so have a drink if you want one because your entitled too! Haha, I have and I'm fine! So is the little man :) I've drank shandy's in the sun too when I fancied them, honestly I doubt anything will happen and if your midwife has told you it's fine, it will be. They wouldn't tell you false information, when my mom was pregnant with me the only thing you could not do was eat pork that was undercooked (which you can't really do that now) now they tell you all sorts of things, and my moms 3 pregnancies were fine so..... your the parent it's your decision, but don't feel bad for having a bloody glass of wine haha! You are walking round like a whale with your son or daughter inside you, especially through the summer you deserve to be treated! lol x

i feel guilty when i had two swigs of cider :/ but i think its ok to have 1 or 2 or just get the one wiv non alchaolic on i did its pretty good x

i think its fine - I've been having the odd one and my MW says its ok.

I had half a glass of wine on Christmas day. I'm just happier not to drink and I get bad palpitations which would only get worse with alcohol. I'm looking forward to a cold gin and tonic afterwards though.
I think if its just an occasional glass its probably fine. It's up to the individual. I can't imagine anyone on here having a bottle of wine everynight.
I think in Scotland they say no alcohol at all, which I think is really funny because us Scots are well known for drinking heaps and now knowing when to stop :lol:

I'm not sure exactly on this as I dont drink anyway, but was there not something on the news recently (in last 2/3 weeks) that said its recommended not to drink at all?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, the odd glass once in a blue moon should be fine. I have also heard that red wine is better for your body than white.

I've had the odd glass of red wine if I'm out and I had one shandy at my dads bbq the other day. I did the same with Lennon and he's fine xxx

Tash, I dont agree with you, not on having a glass of wine occasionally but on justyfying it by saying all those people take drugs and drink and they are fine.
Advice does change, we need to use common sense really but I just cant agree with "I am feeling like a whale and its hot so I can have a drink" - our hearts and body is working so much harder, esp in the heat and if you have alcohol in the heat, it actually makes things worse - ie your blood pressure will go up.
Its a personal choice of course whether to drink or not to drink, I just didnt agree with your reasoning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back