Alcohol ...

Imi-Maddie's-Mum

Reaction score
Just wondering if i could get some advice ...

It's my birthday this coming week and on friday(24th) .. im having a Belated birthday meal with my family ...

Will a glass of wine hurt?? im not going to drink like a mad woman but i just wondered if having a glass or 2 of wine is ok??, If it was a normal birthday i wouldn't mind ... bit it's a big one for me and im kinda disapointed :oops: (Horrible thing to say, but never thought this would be how i celebrated this one!!) I know that sounds horribly Selfish :cry:

Puzzled as i have read alot about this and am very confused ... any advice is welcome!! Sorry for sounding a horrible ungrateful cow ...

Thanks Love Imi ...

I can't see any harm in one glass. I had a glass of wine when pregnant during a celebration. Doesn't sound selfish at all. Have a great meal and happy birthday xxxx :D

Oh Imi, I know it's worrying but one or two glasses will be FINE!

Remeber, our mothers were advised to drink stout saying it was good for the baby! Not that I'm suggesting that.....

I just think we worry too much about this stuff, and fretting is probably worse for the little one than a glass of wine!

Go out, have a good time and enjoy your birthday!

Incidentally, my due date is my 30th birthday! Am hoping baby Mabbs makes an appearance a little early so I can have a glass or two of champers!

i turned 18 at 36 weeks PG and had half a glass of champers and and a small chandy and B is ok if u dont over do it u should be ok :D as i far as i can see B is a happy healthy baby so cant have done him much harm

imi there are a lot of conflicting things about alcohol and pregnancy a lot of people advise against any at all
i personally had 2 glasses of wine xmas day with my dinner over about a 4 hour period and did feel a little guilty but i think as long as you dont have more than 2 glasses everything will be fine
goverment guidelines suggest no more than 1-2 units no more than once or twice a week you will find this also on page 10 of your bounty book which your midwife should have given you when first pregnant enjoy your birthday hunny xxxxxx

Thanks you guys ...

It's really stupid i know but i really do worry since i am a high risk PG!! ...
It's my 21st and im not going to go mad but im going to be around my family for the first time in 5 years and my OH is home so i would like to have a glass ... without wondering if i am doing any harm ...

My MW didn't give me a bounty book?? ... will have to ask about that one, i know im panicking but i'd rather be safe than sorry ....

Read that it was more harming in the first 12wks ... then read something different else were!! soooooo bloody confusing!!! LOL!!

Thanks for all the advice ... happy birthday to you too littleminx .... whenever it maybe!! ... im glad i asked you guys i can relax a little now!!

I won't be making a habbit of it .... don't even know if i will have a drink, but it's nice to know the option is there if i did want to ...

Speak to you all soon ...

Love "the ever panicking mother"+ the "laid back baby!"
xxx

Im sure a glass or two wont hurt. I have a guiness every now and again and I did with my last baby. I felt really good the next day, might have been because of the iron in it.

enjoy!

I would of thought one glass would be fine.

Ive probably had in total of about 3 glasses of wine since being pregnant but Im not a drinker anyway. It actually made me feel abit more relaxed which must be a good thing.

I hope you have had a lovely time Hayley

[/url

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back