one glass of wine ok?

Lynds77

Reaction score
off out for dinner soon with a mate and her hubby. She is about 20weeks and has just told me via text that she has a couple of glasses of wine when out for dinner.

now I have been GAGGING for a nice cool glass of chardonnay but so far have always declined. Do you think 1 small glass would be ok? or is it a total NO NO in tri1??

Personally I would have a small wine and soda, just the one on a special occasion will do no harm but it's a really personal decision x

i just dont want to cause baby any harm, but dont want to totally deprive myself of all things nice either? i mean I have given up my favourite foods (seafood and rare meat), stopped smoking, stopped drinking tea and coffee and havent had a drink since hogmanay! yikes.

i tried google but cant find anything really conclusive.

One small glass once will do lo no harm. You aren't planning to drink every week are you? Up to you hun but I think it will be fine x

no no just tonight. First drink this year, and probably last until my Dad gets married in July! will prob have a wee one then too.

might just order a small glass and take a few sips, see how i feel!

cheers cosmic. x

I had a teeney weeney glass of bubbly today on behalf of Wales winning the rugby...but that's my limit, I know you can have the odd one so don't worry it's a personal choice if you vito it completely or not :)

Enjoy your evening!

I got piddled for 5 days when I was 5-6 weeks because I was on holiday and didn't know I was pregnant! All is normal with my little man so 1 glass def won't hurt!!

Even the thought of all things alcohol makes me want to vomit lol and I quite liked a drink before I was preg! Personally even if I could, I wouldn't touch any at all but that's my personal preference. I have heard that the odd glass is fine. Enjoy your wee glass :) xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I know that if I had one Id want more so Im avoiding temptation! Enjoy ;-)

Personally I wouldn't in the 1st trimester. Its when the baby is developing and becoming a little human. Once its all formed and just growing one small one would probably go down well though!!

I don't think a small glass would hurt. I'm the same - haven't had a drink since Hogmanay! Enjoy :) xxx

My private doc told me in his Italian accent to " chill out, drink the wine and eat the prawn!!:shock:

I've not drank so far but I feel to ill, I will have the odd glass after 12 weeks, my midwife/friend did after 12 weeks and her little one is perfect!

Xx

My private doc told me in his Italian accent to " chill out, drink the wine and eat the prawn!!:shock:

I've not drank so far but I feel to ill, I will have the odd glass after 12 weeks, my midwife/friend did after 12 weeks and her little one is perfect!

Xx

Eat the prawn :rofl:

I'm having a small glass now :yay: I LOVE wine and have been desperate for a glass for ages! There was some left over from my dad coming to visit and it seemed wrong to let it go to waste :blush:

After about an hour I'm only half way through it and it's now a bit warm though :lol:

I've had a couple of shandies since being pregnant but not until quite far into tri 2.

I don't think It will do any harm occasionally but I was a paranoid wreck due to previous miscarriage and would have worried and beat myself up if I'd drank any sooner. Completely irrational really.

well I had a nice half a glass and it really hit the spot! was SO good!

thanks for all the replies, you always make me feel better. x

Aww glad you enjoyed it hun! One glass won't do any harm at all as long as its only a small glass and very occasionally..., if anything it will probs just relax you so you sleep better :)

I haven't personally drank anything and don't intend to, but I am all-or-nothing anyway lol, I will have a really good night out every few months with the girls but in between I don't drink at all. I did go on a work meal out the other night and I was the only one not drinking, and I think people got suspicious as I'd usually have a few on a work night out... I took the car so I could use the excuse of driving, but everyone was like 'oh go on, have a drink... why don't you just leave the car here and get a taxi home, go on go on go on'! I don't know how people hide the not-drinking thing if they don't drive!

I know that if I had one Id want more so Im avoiding temptation! Enjoy ;-)

I'm with you on this one Mrs! I really used to enjoy a drink but I decided to give up for new year cos I wanted to lose some weight. Just as well really
as four weeks after deciding to get on the wagon I found out I was pregnant!
Funny old things human brains - i must have subconciously known!
I'm sure if I had one now I'd get the taste for it so I'm avoiding it completely
but I'm told that a small glass maybe one or twice a week isn't going to hurt so..... HAVE ONE FOR MEEEEEEE!!!!
:thanks:

I didn't drink at all while pregnant but that was because I was paranoid but ultimately u have to take things with a pinch of salt as some people say some things are fine and some people say they are not!! Never going to win so u just gotta make the best of it!! I ate prawns and salami x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back