A few Queries from a first time mummy to be

OH WOW - Keeleygrace I am so happy for you!!! I've followed you over the last few weeks to see how you were getting on but missed this news....I am SO chuffed for you. You make sure you enjoy every single minute for this long awaited gift XX How far along are you? Its weird we were both whinging about TTC a few months ago and now we are in the club! Fab X
I am doing my best to ignore her but she is bringing everyone down, and I'm getting stressed, She's a real child - kind thats posts indirect positivity quotes clearly aimed at you on Facebook and the like - Expecting us th chase her round and say sorry our news is so upsetting for you etc etc...and now being nasty and stropping because its not happening.

I know! :dance: It hasn't really sunk in yet!.. it's such a weird feeling! I'll be 6 weeks on Tuesday, these weeks go so slow don't they? The TWW seemed easy compared to this, I feel more on edge now then ever! I just want everything to be ok!

As for OH's daughter, he needs to have a word with her, she can't treat you like that, it's unbelievable. She will soon realise there is nothing she can do about it, she either stops being such a brat or risk ruining her relationship with you both.

xxxx

Last edited:
OH WOW - Keeleygrace I am so happy for you!!! I've followed you over the last few weeks to see how you were getting on but missed this news....I am SO chuffed for you. You make sure you enjoy every single minute for this long awaited gift XX How far along are you? Its weird we were both whinging about TTC a few months ago and now we are in the club! Fab X
I am doing my best to ignore her but she is bringing everyone down, and I'm getting stressed, She's a real child - kind thats posts indirect positivity quotes clearly aimed at you on Facebook and the like - Expecting us th chase her round and say sorry our news is so upsetting for you etc etc...and now being nasty and stropping because its not happening.

I know! :dance: It hasn't really sunk in yet!.. it's such a weird feeling! I'll be 6 weeks on Tuesday, these weeks go so slow don't they? The TWW seemed easy compared to this, I feel more on edge now then ever! I just want everything to be ok!

As for OH's daughter, he needs to have a word with her, she can't treat you like that, it's unbelievable. She will soon realise there is nothing she can do about it, she either stops being such a brat or risk ruining her relationship with you both.

xxxx

Aww, you'll be fine, just take each day as it comes and enjoy....another 6 weeks until your first scan...so excited for you. Have you had sickness or anything?
And yes, the weeks go slow, I go on a site called your due date every day and read about all the changes, I'm so impatient although I'm nervous about Labour!

She hasn't spoke to him either, she sent a text last night saying how s**ty we'd been not talking to her and he laid into her saying that he was ashamed of her and that if she couldn't be happy don't ruin it any further for us. It's ridiculous. She's 21 !

Sorry to hear she is being a brat. You are doing the right thing though, carry on and enjoy as much as possible. Certainly don't say sorry for your news! Can her Dad talk to her about it, I would say she is more his responsibility to deal with that yours? He could suggest to her that she doesn't get to choose what he wants and he would like her to be involved with her half sibling when they arrive and be the mature big sister that they can look up to?

Yeah, he's said all that when we broke the news, but she stopped speaking and now expects us to chase after her and make her feel better.! He is livid with her. It's really sad but she has to make this right herself!

xxxx

Aww, you'll be fine, just take each day as it comes and enjoy....another 6 weeks until your first scan...so excited for you. Have you had sickness or anything?
And yes, the weeks go slow, I go on a site called your due date every day and read about all the changes, I'm so impatient although I'm nervous about Labour!

She hasn't spoke to him either, she sent a text last night saying how s**ty we'd been not talking to her and he laid into her saying that he was ashamed of her and that if she couldn't be happy don't ruin it any further for us. It's ridiculous. She's 21 !

Well it's good that's his not putting up with it!

Yes, I'm guessing my first scan won't be until after Christmas so considering having a private one just before because as I'm planning on telling family at Christmas so would be nice to know everything is ok before I tell them!

No sickness yet although not feeling 100% today so maybe it's on it's way! Xxx

Xxx

Last edited:

xxxx

Well it's good that's his not putting up with it!

Yes, I'm guessing my first scan won't be until after Christmas so considering having a private one just before because as I'm planning on telling family at Christmas so would be nice to know everything is ok before I tell them!

No sickness yet although not feeling 100% today so maybe it's on it's way! Xxx

Xxx

Aww that will be the best Christmas present ever! Is private scan expensive? Get the 20 week scan on 5th December eeek!

That's exciting!! Have you got much of a bump yet? I'm so bloated it's just uncomfortable!

It's £70 where I am for an early scan, quite expensive but cheapest I've found! I really just want to make sure all ok before Christmas so think it'll be worth it, Xmas present to myself! lol xxx

I had mega bloating, which I thought was "showing" it's really Uncomfortable isn't it? I also have tender boobs -they're very sore sometimes! Luckily I haven't really suffered with any sickness, wave of nausea here and there but no actual sickness. Skin is greasy and getting spots on chest and face but it's a small price to pay! I'm really startled not to swell out now though, it just started after my first scan, everything is tight on me, it's weird but amazing. I find it hard to sleep as well as I've always slept on my stomach! I'm waiting to feel it move now as I believe it should happen soon!
I am hoping for team blue on the 5th, but obviously as long as our child is healthy we will be happy no matter what.....I think it's so cool you are going to announce at Christmas time... I'm am so happy for you after your long wait...and whatever you do don't forget your pregnancy notes wherever you go �� People expect you to know what your doing and they look at you like you are Satan when you don't ! ��

This is my blob keeleygrace 😍

Attachments

• IMG_4216.JPG
    IMG_4216.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 5
haha, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing so I will be getting 'the look' for sure! lol.. I have my first MW appointment on 21st, I'm worried she's going to think i'm useless!! lol

Awwww, what a beautiful blob!! It's so amazing isn't it! I find it so fascinating, I can't wait to see my blob! It's like all this stuff is going on inside you and you have no idea whats happening!! lol

I'm hoping team blue too but like you I will be happy either way! Have you discussed any names yet?

xx

haha, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing so I will be getting 'the look' for sure! lol.. I have my first MW appointment on 21st, I'm worried she's going to think i'm useless!! lol

Awwww, what a beautiful blob!! It's so amazing isn't it! I find it so fascinating, I can't wait to see my blob! It's like all this stuff is going on inside you and you have no idea whats happening!! lol

I'm hoping team blue too but like you I will be happy either way! Have you discussed any names yet?

xx

Well you'll get your notes on that 1st booking in appointment so just takes them everywhere! -

And yeah, it's very strange, some days I don't feel pregnant and others I feel infirm! I have become obsessed with showering and hot water bottles as well, helps soothe the cramps!

We've kicked a couple of names about but still deliberating....it's not like naming pets is it..? Was much easier to name my dog!

How about you? Any you've always liked from childhood? X

I've not had any cramps yet, I've not had many symptoms at all to be honest! Everyone keeps telling me it's normal and my doc said it's a good thing but still worries me!!

We haven't discussed names yet, still early days for me - I'm sure OH and I will disagree! lol .. It will definitely be something 'normal'.. I won't be naming my baby after a car or a piece of fruit lol!

I just can't wait to tell everyone! I feel like I'm in my own little bubble atm! lol
xx

Awww...I know...Its amazing isnt it. Mine has been somewhat sullied by the step brat but Im getting past that now as everyone else things its amazing news.
I had very little in the first trimester but since I entered the second I have felt more nauseous and have had more twinges etc.
I'm still waiting for my fluttering movement as everyone says its due between now and 20 weeks so I am worrying each day it doesn't happen...but everything happens at different times.
I am soooo chuffed for you though XX

Thank you so much, so happy for you too and yes enjoy it! Don't let anybody bring you down.

I am going to be leaving the forum shortly, I'm just finding it hard not to compare and worry about everything!..

I want to experience everything first-hand and not worry because I didn't get told something somebody else did or I'm not having a test somebody else is, does that make sense? I feel like it makes me worry unnecessarily, especially being a first time mummy, I kind of like the element of not knowing what to expect!

Wishing you lots & lots of luck xxxx

Thank you so much, so happy for you too and yes enjoy it! Don't let anybody bring you down.

I am going to be leaving the forum shortly, I'm just finding it hard not to compare and worry about everything!..

I want to experience everything first-hand and not worry because I didn't get told something somebody else did or I'm not having a test somebody else is, does that make sense? I feel like it makes me worry unnecessarily, especially being a first time mummy, I kind of like the element of not knowing what to expect!

Wishing you lots & lots of luck xxxx

I know what you mean - Everyone has an opinion - And I've been obsessively matching my scan to other "confirmed" baby boy pics and stressing cause they dont look the same. The other stuff, like you, I want to find out for myself, each day is a surprise and thats how it should be!!!
All the best luck in the world to you........so happy for you...good luck with the birth (I am absolutely terrified about the pain that's to come but hey, they have to come out one way or the other)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back