Episiotomy first time - will perenial massage help this time??

Sunnyb

Reaction score
I had to have an episiotomy with my first birth as Joseph was 9lb 7oz & got stuck after pushing for nearly 2 hours. I had a very bad experience last time around & am trying everything to avoid a repeat performance. Will perenial massage help prevent tearing or an episiotomy this time? (didn't do it first time around).
Has anyone else torn or been cut first time & then gone on to give birth without any issues?? I'm terrified of cuts or tears after severely haemorrhaging last time. Any other suggestions to help prevent a repeat performance?
I am sooooooo nervous about this birth & just want to have a better experience this time (pretty please).

Sunnyb xxx

they was going to cut me on my 1st but i then tore instead on my 2nd 3rd and 4th all i had was either nothing or a small graze that didnt need attention and i didnt do any massage either :) labour is alot easier the 2nd time round because a baby as already come down the birth canal paving the way for future babies iykwim lol

Sunny for the posts I have seen about your birth fears sounds like you had a terrible time!

From what I have read giving the area time to stretch by panting while crowning is really suppose to help - obviously you will need help from your Midwife to tell you when to do it! Also relaxing although it's not as easy as it sounds and you can ask that they pop a flannel into warm water and press it to the area at the pushing stage - the heat from the flannel will help your muscles relax.

Also, I take it you gave birth on your back last time (as they had to make the cut and I am sure you had a spinal?) if you do not go for the spine this time positions where gravity helps is also supposed to help.

Dunno if any of this helps......9lb 7oz??? Christ above this made me cringe!!!

Sunny for the posts I have seen about your birth fears sounds like you had a terrible time!

From what I have read giving the area time to stretch by panting while crowning is really suppose to help - obviously you will need help from your Midwife to tell you when to do it! Also relaxing although it's not as easy as it sounds and you can ask that they pop a flannel into warm water and press it to the area at the pushing stage - the heat from the flannel will help your muscles relax.

Also, I take it you gave birth on your back last time (as they had to make the cut and I am sure you had a spinal?) if you do not go for the spine this time positions where gravity helps is also supposed to help.

Dunno if any of this helps......9lb 7oz??? Christ above this made me cringe!!!

Thanks Miss. I did have him on my back as I was exhausted after 2 hours. I didn't have a spinal, just gas & air & a tens machine. Hate the idea of anyone shoving a huge needle into my back!
I'm definitely looking to be more upright this time around & am going to try to be more mobile for longer. Just hoping baby number 2 isn't much bigger than number 1!!!!

Sunnyb xxx

Well I had an episitomy with my first sunny and havent had my second yet but ill let you know hoow it goes as soon as Ive had him. Thankfully everything went really well for me last time, I was pushing for long but as his heart beat started dipping and he had cord around his neck they wanted to try and get him out quicker and I was offered the episitomy. They number it all first and then did it and honestly I felt no pain down there at all nor when they stitched it up.. hoping things go welll this time for you and you have a positive experience xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back