_>•~*X*~July 2015 Mummies-to-be!!!~*X*~•<_

Congratulations on V Day kaylip :)

My DD wasn't head down till later on and then she came out looking to the side lol

I'm getting the anti d at the end of the month, have to go to the hospital for it though, right fart on.

Have a lovely hol Toni, I'm jealous, love Tenerife.

Horray for V day Kaylip!

If you fancy a free £5 gift card for Mamas & Papas (£10 minimum spend) have a look on a site called Playpennies and scroll down to the offer. It was from 7th April and there's a pic of a baby's face.
Just login in to the M&P site, or register if you haven't already, and they email you the gift card :) xx

Thanks ladies :) next milestone is double digits :dance:

I'm having a right spring clean today, Iv got the bug for it, can't stop!

Hope you all have lovely weekends, me and hubby are doing a first aid course tomorow. Should be interesting!

Iv got to have the Anti D injection next month too, as I'm O rhesus negative, Iv also got to have it done at the hospital Crawkay as they don't stock it locally!

Sorry you had a funny turn Anotheryou, hope you can have a nice relaxing weekend :nap:

Toni, have a wonderful holiday, not jealous :fib: honest!! Lol.

Xx

Another you hope you're feeling ok now?

Twink are you ok? Hope you have had more more movements, I completely understand how unsettling it is xx

My baby feels head down now and that's only changed in the past week or so as I'm getting kicks and nudges in the ribs also bum sticks out to right of belly button every morning and night!

Anyone heard of a perineum oil that's used for massage? Prevents tearing...my biggest fear of birth, that and having a poo in front of my husband!

Yeah starting to get more movement again,but not as much as before. Might be because I'm not working and I'm much more relaxed and perhaps aware of it!!

My baby is lying right across apparently. I wonder if will have moved when we go to midwife on Monday! Have defo grown over the last 2/3 weeks. Can't remember if I said,but my 1st 2 stretch marks on my tummy have appeared. They're about 2cm long just below either side of my belly button. It honestly looks like I've been bitten by a vampire with a huge mouth!!!

I'm the same as you bonze-terrified that I'll poo whilst in labour!! Other than that bring it on! I feel I'm still very naive about pain relief and what to expect at the birth!! As a first time mum does anyone go through this or should I be researching it on the Internet!??

Congrats Kaylip on making it to V day. Only 12 days until DD day :) xxx

BonzE I've heard of that. In fact I have some. Randomly, it was given to me as part of a bundle of stuff from a friend who was giving me maternity stuff. Haven't tried it yet though.
And yes, also worried about the poo possibility. Can you get crotchless nappies??

Congrats kaylip x

Usually wear trousers to work. Wore a dress today. Multiple comments on my size. Must look like a heifer.

Lol I had a little poo in the birthing pool but my husband said the midwife got rid of it's fast he hardly had time to register what was happening. Same applies if your on a bed they will whip off the mat and replace it with a fresh one so quickly.
I was pretty naieve about labour but to be honest until you've done it you just don't know how you'll be. It's still nerve racking though. My friend is pregnant with number 4 and she's still nervous about labour. We will all be great and do amazing , it's what we're made for! Stay positive and think about how amazing it's going to be to meet your wriggly one face to face! X

I know. I can't wait!! I went on a shopping spree for baby today and got lots of bits!! Just taken it to our storage container ready to go to the new house!! We were hoping it would be today,but it's looking like next week. I'm gutted cos I wanted a few days in there before I went back to work!! Oh well-only a few more nights to wait. We're moving again tomorrow to stay at a friends house whilst they are away because we'll need to look after our cat as that is where she's staying-miss her :-( xxx

I'm hoping some one will tell me as I haven't read anything! I either cry or fall asleep...nct should cover it surely?! I'm excited! Realised I'm mega excited now about what we are having and finding out as I can visualise what we will do etc (like a wedding weekend is booked for October) but not knowing if we will have a son or daughter! Ramble!

In Cornwall, so nice to be here!

Glad you have felt a bit more twink, they do cause worry that's for sure! X

Such a bad belly :( went out and fajhitas......this mummabelly obvs cant handle spice anymore :(

Yeah same here. Can't wait to find out what we're having and what he/she is going to look like!! It's hard not knowing boy/girl as there is so much nice stuff kicking about and there's only so much white and grey and brown you can buy!! There are aome really cute disney babygrows in morrisons at the minute and I'm tempted to buy one pink and one blue,just so I can have them!! There is also a really cute lion king babygrow (one of my fav films!!) in morrisons that I've got my eye on,which is gender neutral.

I'm not doing NCT classes though,so I'm hoping the one off labour ward tour class will tell me what to expect!!

Oh no Claire,that's not good. I hope that you feel better soon!! Hopefully it will pass soon!! Drink plenty of water to try and dilute it! May take the pain away!!

Xx

Hey everyone! Hope you're all OK you're enjoying hols/ the nicer weather :) Congrats to those who are now in Tri 3 and happy V-Day for yesterday Kaylip. Mine is tomorrow so I'm almost there!

Sorry I've not been on for a few days. Had a rough week at work. My job is quite pressured and I have to do a lot of presentations etc which I always find anxiety provoking anyway but recently I seem to be so much more anxious/ stressed than usual :-( We have our friends staying with their 5 month old twins this weekend though which is lovely. So nice to have two babies in the house :)

Glad everything's OK with babies BonzE and Twink and everything was fine with your glucose test Angela. Fingers crossed that your OH's operation goes ahead and goes well. Hope you've not had another funny turn since AnotherYou. Claire are you feeling better today?

Sorry if this is a daft question but how do you actually know when baby is head down? Does it get to the point when you can feel the difference between a head/foot/hand? I'm a few weeks behind a lot of you so I'm intrigued!

Is perineum oil the same oil that Lacey's mentioned before? I'm def going to give it a go, I'm up for anything that might make me less likely to tear!! Xxx

PS- Glad you're almost there with the house Twink! You must be so excited. I'm on countdown till our move now, literally can't wait xxx

Perineum oil is presumably some sort of specifically marketed oil, but you can use several different types... Vegetable oil, sunflower oil, almond oil...

The one I've talked about is Evening Primrose oil. It comes in capsules that you can take orally or insert vaginally, and you can pop one open and do a perineal massage with that too.

I had my first growth scan yesterday. They've now decided they want me to do a GTT as there's a slightly high level of fluid around the baby. They also want me to go in now every two weeks for another scan to check her growth because she's measuring small.
Heart, lungs, stomach, kidneys, and bladder all look fine, blood flow through cord and brain looks fine, and I've said before, OH and I have had babies born at 6.11, 6.8, and 6.0, and I was 5.11 at birth. She's gonna be small... That's pretty clear.
Kinda feels like I'm just wasting people's time, but... Eh.
Better safe than sorry, I guess.

DS is being a massive grump this morning :(

Wanna go back to bed and start today again. Xx

Regular checks on baby: look on the positive. Extra viewings ;)
If you're happy that both parents produce small babies, let them take care of you and know you're in the best hands. Even if they suggest some kind of treatment, you don't have to agree unless they can give you a medical reason you're happy with.
How are you feeling other than that?
X

It does mean extra time seeing lil girly :)

I'm not really bothered about treatments/etc. I know they'll only do what's best for bub and I, and I'm pretty open to medicine etc (bizarre as I refuse even paracetamol unless absolutely necessary when not pregnant... Guess I just figure the docs know better than me what's best for bub). I don't think they're actually gonna look to do anything else unless she stops growing and they decide to get her out, but I really don't see it coming to that.

Honestly, it's nice they're being so attentive. I remember last time seeing on here so many people who were getting sub-standard care, and thinking how lucky I was with how good my hospital is. The same has to be said this time round. They really do offer superb care.

Hope everyone's enjoying the sun xx

Glad they're keeping an eye on you and little lady Lacey :)

Tesco baby event starts 15th April and Asda has one 18th-20th April.
May take advantage of them this time, get a few nappies/toiletries/hospital bag bits in. Felt like it was still a bit early the last time these events popped up but they may not appear again before July.x

Last edited:
Thanks Lacey. Glad everything's looking good with baby and your hospital are being so attentive. It's nice you'll get to see lots more of her over the next couple of months :)

Thanks for the heads up on the baby events Crawkay. :)

ve just been attempting to find a nice top for my birthday in a couple of weeks and can't find one anywhere! Most of the maternity tops I've seen online are quite casual (tshirts etc) and I just wanted something a bit more special as its my 30th. So far I've tried New Look, H&M, ASOS, Seraphine and Debenhams. Any other ideas?! xxx

Dorothy Perkins?

Sounds lame, but Asda George sometimes have some lovely bits in...

Ebay? Could spot something lovely, unavailable elsewhere, and bargin, all in one? Xx

Ooooh thanks Lacey. I hadnt even thought about Asda and I've just had a quick look and there's some really nice stuff. Can't believe how much more reasonably priced it is too than some of the other places! :) Will check out EBay too thanks.

Hope you've all had a good Saturday! It's now officially V-Day for me. Happy happy :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back