5 weeks and scared!!!!

treenypops

Reaction score
Hello everyone..... its lovely read everyones threads, it makes everything seem so normal.....

Im new to this.....

I found out a week ago that i was 1-2 weeks pregant... that was a clear blue preganancy test.... my best friend told me that really it means I am 5 weeks pregnant... ive no idea what she means.

I had been ttc for about 5 months last year, but then my relationship with my boyfriend broke down, very out of the blue. :confused: . Its a long story so I wont bore anyone but needless to say I was devastated. Anyway I started to get on with my life being a single 26 year old I was really enjoying myself and quite relieved at the fact I hadnt got pregnant with my partner. Luckily we had moved out of our rented apartment and moved to our own parents homes to finish saving up for a deposit on a mortgage.

About 2 months after the break, out of knowhere he told me it had been a mistake and we went out a couple of times to see how it went. We naturally got back together, I had never doubted my love for him, he is the one who seemed confused. Upon getting back together we started to use contraception but then we fell into our normal habits both knowing the consequences.

We have only been back together for over a month, I called him as soon as I did a test after being a day late for my period. He was over the moon. We met that evening and we began to plan our lives.... moving back in etc.

Its so weird, I am still in shock..... very worried about many many things, the baby, my partner, the situation etc etc.....

Very worried about the whole giving birth thing too... so so scared. My emotions are everywhere. I also scared about being too moody with my boyfriend since things werent that stable not so long ago.

I think I am after some reassurance from somebody. :shock:

:wave: Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your pregnancy! Pregnancies are dated in weeks from the first day of your last period, which is roughly 2 weeks before you ovulate, so if a conception indicator test tells you that you are 1-2 weeks from conception, that means you are 3-4 weeks pregnant (even though for the first 2 weeks of that you weren't actually pregnant - hope that makes sense :lol:)

It sounds like the break was just what your partner needed to realise that you two were great together - all men have to put up with our mood swings while we're pregnant (great excuse for everything!) but I'm sure you two will be fine!

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! :hug:

Welcome to the forum :D

Give yourself chance to get your head around things. Take it slow and try to enjoy this special time without putting too much pressure on yourselves.

Congratulations and good luck!

Thanks for the reassurance. When I look on the internet for the babies development, do I look for 5 weeks then? Even though it wont have been developing for 5 weeks?

Yes because even though conception doesnt take place until week 2, pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period and the first two weeks 'development' are as the egg matures ready for ovulation :)

:wave: hey hun :) all the best in the next few months xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back