7 weeks, Just found out! Pretty scared!!

Em91

Reaction score
Hi, so i've been told today by the doctor after having 4 postivie pregnancy tests at the weekend that i'm 7 weeks and 1 day. I have to be honest i was on the pill and this baby isn't exactly planned, I've been with my partner for nearly 3 years and we have a house & work full time etc. I guess we wouldn't have chosen to have a baby yet because we're only 20/21.
But now i know i'm pregnant and the shock has worn off, I'm happy if that makes sense? although I'm really scared about the risk of losing the baby in the first trimester. I guess this is normal? since its my first.

I'm also really scared about telling our familys, my family are pretty supportive and i think they'll be okay, but my partner is a mummys boy and i think she may not take it very well. We've decided since it's been confirmed we won't tell everyone till im 12 weeks but we will tell close family like parents asap. We've decided to tell my partners parents tomorrow, just wandered if anyone has had a similar experience and what they did? or how their family reacted. Also with it being the run up to christmas if they take it badly they could make it pretty akward..

Also wandered if lower abdo pains are normal? not severe but kind of an ache.

Thanks to anyone who reads and responds! :)
Emma

Hey there!
Congratulations and welcome to PF :)

Abdominal pains are totally normal, if they are constant and severe, then go to A&E, but if they come and go and aren't too severe, that's normal.

Secondly, I wouldn't worry too much about telling your partners parents.
I'm married and was even terrified telling my MIL lol. Not because hubby is a mummy's boy, but because my MIL isn't easy to be around!
But she was over the moon, shocked the heck outta me lol.

Even if they are pissed about it, it won't last long believe me. They will soon come around to the idea of having a new addition to the family!

Best of luck xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Wow! Congratulations hun! Good luck with telling the in laws, I'm sure it'll be fine.

And as Jayjay says slight abdo pains are normal, everything growing and stretching x x

Congratulations!! If mil is,nt over the moon about it she will come round eventually, they always do lol.

Thanks i suppose she doesn't have much choice but to get used to the idea!!, and thankyou for the reassurance about the stomach ache. :)

Hi Em

Welcome to pf and congrats on your bfp! You will defo find alot of support here on the forum xxxxx

Hi Em! Firstly, congratulations and welcome to tri 1 :) All you're feeling is completely normal I assure you! I'm only 21 myself, but had a mc last year when I was 20. When you first find out ur pregnant, it is a shock, but you soon get used to the idea, and adapt to it very quickly! I think everyone worries about miscarriage, but you gotta remember that "statistics" are on your side, and whatever happens tends to happen for a reason. Usually, a miscarriage in the first trimester happens because there's something wrong with your baby, and it's natures way of 'sorting it out' I suppose. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is - enjoy it, and try not to worry too much, it's not good for baby :)
I was really nervous telling parents the first time round, and I think they were shocked to start with, but they came round, they always do! This time round, everyone was really happy. Think it may be more to do with our situation, we're now engaged, in our own place, and in a much better position. We weren't really 'prepared' last time. Sounds like you're in a brilliant situation tho, and I would reckon your parents and ur oh's parents will be delighted :)
As for the pains, they're quite common, it's just your uterus expanding for baby to fit in! I've been getting them on and off throughout so far. There's usually nothing to worry about unless there's blood.
Anyways, sorry for the waffle, just wanted to reply cos I'm in a 'similar-ish' situation! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months, and this forum is briliant if you have any concerns - the ladies on here are all so lovely and supportive! xx

Thank you all for the posts, I told the OH's parents yesterday and also my dad and my nans, Both my nans were over the moon (my mums not around so they're sort of like mother figures), My dad was shocked but when i spoke to him later it seemed to have sunk in a bit!, and OH's parents didn't react as badly as i thought his dad is lovely and was really happy and supportive. His mum cried but did hug me..and just said she wanted us to be married and have bought a house etc before this happened. I'm hoping when the shock has settled down that they will all be fine. Not telling anyone else now until the 13 weeks!.

I feel sick constantly!, Mostly early morning then in the evening, assuming this is one of the joys!. Just want to get xmas out of the way now really and get to Jan. We rent a 2bed house (my, my oh and my brother) so we were thinking of getting a bigger house anyway because this is a bit small. But now we obviously need to. There's a house thats perfect literally round the corner. It seems to early and we don't want to jynx anything but it won't be up for very long because its a nice house and it's cheap. So i think we're going to look at it. Justyfying it to us as we needed to move anyway..

How far gone are you Jacy90?

Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
Hi, so i've been told today by the doctor after having 4 postivie pregnancy tests at the weekend that i'm 7 weeks and 1 day. I have to be honest i was on the pill and this baby isn't exactly planned, I've been with my partner for nearly 3 years and we have a house & work full time etc. I guess we wouldn't have chosen to have a baby yet because we're only 20/21.
But now i know i'm pregnant and the shock has worn off, I'm happy if that makes sense? although I'm really scared about the risk of losing the baby in the first trimester. I guess this is normal? since its my first.

I'm also really scared about telling our familys, my family are pretty supportive and i think they'll be okay, but my partner is a mummys boy and i think she may not take it very well. We've decided since it's been confirmed we won't tell everyone till im 12 weeks but we will tell close family like parents asap. We've decided to tell my partners parents tomorrow, just wandered if anyone has had a similar experience and what they did? or how their family reacted. Also with it being the run up to christmas if they take it badly they could make it pretty akward..

Also wandered if lower abdo pains are normal? not severe but kind of an ache.

Thanks to anyone who reads and responds! :)
Emma

Hey Emma,

This is my first pregnancy and I am petrified but I am the type of person who doesn't like relaxing and taking it easy so I think the 'fear factor' is helping me to slow down a bit and not over exert myself!!

Completely relate to the familiy issues, I am 24 and I ahve been married for just over a year now. My husbands mother is quite pushy and kept on at us to have kids where as my parents thought I was too young and that I should go further in my career.

Well we decided to tell them last Friday that I was pregnant, as expected hubby's parents were over the moon. My parents really suprised me, they are so happy especially my dad!! They keep calling to make sure that I am taking it easy and not over doing things at the gym/at work.

The fact is it is a joint decision to have children between yourself and your partner, there is no 'perfect time' and they are such a gift. My parents really struggled with having children, they got to 40 and although they could fall pregnant (both naturally and through IVF) they kept miscarrying. In the end I was adopted at three days old. So I am just so thankful that I am pregnant, everything falls into place.

I am sure your Dad will come around soon, just wait until you have your scan pic in your hands, it will completely melt his heart!!

Anyways sorry for rambling!!

xx

Yeah i think, i've been suprised because i thought my dad would react really badly but actually i think now the shock is going he seems quite happy. Its a big relief knowing that the important family know.

Glad you were suprised by how they reacted. :), Now the shocks worn off and i know this is happening, it feels slightly more real it's actually quite exciting.

Thank you all for the posts, I told the OH's parents yesterday and also my dad and my nans, Both my nans were over the moon (my mums not around so they're sort of like mother figures), My dad was shocked but when i spoke to him later it seemed to have sunk in a bit!, and OH's parents didn't react as badly as i thought his dad is lovely and was really happy and supportive. His mum cried but did hug me..and just said she wanted us to be married and have bought a house etc before this happened. I'm hoping when the shock has settled down that they will all be fine. Not telling anyone else now until the 13 weeks!.

I feel sick constantly!, Mostly early morning then in the evening, assuming this is one of the joys!. Just want to get xmas out of the way now really and get to Jan. We rent a 2bed house (my, my oh and my brother) so we were thinking of getting a bigger house anyway because this is a bit small. But now we obviously need to. There's a house thats perfect literally round the corner. It seems to early and we don't want to jynx anything but it won't be up for very long because its a nice house and it's cheap. So i think we're going to look at it. Justyfying it to us as we needed to move anyway..

Glad to hear it all went well when telling people! To be honest, if everyone waited for the right time to have children, noone would have them lol Traditionally, it's better to be married and have a house and stuff, but think of it this way, you'll have your own little flower girl or page boy if and when you do get married. And when you buy a house, you'll be buying with your child in mind, rather than just you two!
Sounds like a good idea with the house - if you were thinking of moving anyway, then its ideal. You won't want to be moving when you're too far gone, so better to get it sorted sooner imo!
I am 10 weeks 4 days :) we had a scan last Tuesday as dates got confused - thought we were further on than we were, so dates are about right. Got my 'real' 12 week scan on 30th Dec! Due 7th July, so not that different from you really. Have you heard anything from a midwife yet or?

Glad to hear it all went well when telling people! To be honest, if everyone waited for the right time to have children, noone would have them lol Traditionally, it's better to be married and have a house and stuff, but think of it this way, you'll have your own little flower girl or page boy if and when you do get married. And when you buy a house, you'll be buying with your child in mind, rather than just you two!
Sounds like a good idea with the house - if you were thinking of moving anyway, then its ideal. You won't want to be moving when you're too far gone, so better to get it sorted sooner imo!
I am 10 weeks 4 days :) we had a scan last Tuesday as dates got confused - thought we were further on than we were, so dates are about right. Got my 'real' 12 week scan on 30th Dec! Due 7th July, so not that different from you really. Have you heard anything from a midwife yet or?

Ah i'm so jealous that you've had your scan, can't wait for mine! lol Yeah that's what i thought but didn't wanna jynx anything. Will see how the viewing goes tomorrow! July feels so far away doesn't it?! When i went to Drs to get it confirmed Monday he booked my midwife appointment for the 5th of Jan. So just got to wait for that, Not really sure what happens at the appointment tbh but we will see!, Have you met yours?

Ah i'm so jealous that you've had your scan, can't wait for mine! lol Yeah that's what i thought but didn't wanna jynx anything. Will see how the viewing goes tomorrow! July feels so far away doesn't it?! When i went to Drs to get it confirmed Monday he booked my midwife appointment for the 5th of Jan. So just got to wait for that, Not really sure what happens at the appointment tbh but we will see!, Have you met yours?

The scan is so amazing :) When you see your baby for the first time, it's the best feeling in the world! I just wanna see him/her again lol!
Oo, good luck with the viewing, lemme know how it goes!
I know, July seems like an age away, but everyone keeps telling me it'll fly by. I just want the first trimester to be over tbh, because I'd imagine this stage is the most nerve-wracking! It'll be nice when we're buying clothes, prams and cots lol
Yeh, I had my midwife appt ages ago now. Not a lot happens tbh. They'll take bloods and your height and weight. Then they'll ask a load of questions about yours and your oh's history, and the best question imo - "Are you and your partner related?" lol! Oo, the only other thing they'll ask is where you plan to give birth, but I'm pretty sure you can change your mind whenever, so don't worry too much bout that. That's about all that happens at your 1st appt!

I can imagine, i can't wait.
I will do thanks. Completely agree want my first trimester done so that i can stop worrying well not stop but be a bit less panicky about everything. Looking forward to being able to go shopping for baby stuff to lol.

ah right thats okay then, the morning noon and night sickness is wearing me down a bit. I didn't want to tell anyone at work till i'm thirteen weeks but i'm a playworker work with 3-7 year olds and just done my breakfast club shift making toast feeling V sick was tricky. Trying not to show i was feeling rough, one of my colleagues just came in the kitchen while i was washing up and went your pregnant arn't you i know it!!> Eek. She's said she won't tell anyone but its slightly worrying that she just guessed!. I have to work in Holiday club next week we take them up to age 11 and their is an older boy with a lot of additional needs who kicks of and can be really violent, just found out i'm working with him on thursday just me and my boss, i'm the only one whos trained in restrainant out of us. Don't really think i should be restraining him and getting hit etc =S. So Thinking i may need to tell my boss so i can switch my shifts but i really didn't want to till i'm past first trimester. Bit of a dilemma! :S

Last edited:

The scan is so amazing :) When you see your baby for the first time, it's the best feeling in the world! I just wanna see him/her again lol!
Oo, good luck with the viewing, lemme know how it goes!
I know, July seems like an age away, but everyone keeps telling me it'll fly by. I just want the first trimester to be over tbh, because I'd imagine this stage is the most nerve-wracking! It'll be nice when we're buying clothes, prams and cots lol
Yeh, I had my midwife appt ages ago now. Not a lot happens tbh. They'll take bloods and your height and weight. Then they'll ask a load of questions about yours and your oh's history, and the best question imo - "Are you and your partner related?" lol! Oo, the only other thing they'll ask is where you plan to give birth, but I'm pretty sure you can change your mind whenever, so don't worry too much bout that. That's about all that happens at your 1st appt!

I threw up at work this afternoon so had no choice but to tell my boss she was brilliant actually much better than i thought she would act!..

The house viewing went okay it's a nice house, only problem was the 2nd bedroom was a bit smaller than the one we have now (it's my brothers room ) and since he will be moving with us he was a bit gutted that it was smaller. He will get over it though. My OH couldn't come today becuase he had work so we're going to look again on Monday when he finishes work so he can see it to, then we just have to decide if we want it! I really liked it so think the boys will just agree in the end lol ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back