Pregnant & scared

kelly_xx

Reaction score
Hi, only today i have found out i am pregnant.
im only 19 and starting university next week.
ive spoken to a nurse and i am about 5 or 6 weeks gone.
Im really scared and dont have a clue what to do.
I havent told anybody yet, but i will try and tell my boyfriend (the father) tonight.
Ive seen the good advice given on these forums so just wondered if anyone can give me any.
Thanks, Kelly x

awww hun! congratulations :hug: :hug:

hope it goes well telling your OH,... im sure it will :hug:

universities are very flexible these days so if you decide to keep the baby (unsure of you're decision from your post :oops: ) you could complete your first year, take time out and go back I'm sure....

let us know how you get on :hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratulations and welcome :wave: Im sorry ive no advice but im sure some of the other lovely ladies on here will have some :D

Aw hun, Im sure you are feeling mixed up at the moment, its a big thing to deal with, the news that you are preg. Hope it all goes well for you whatever you decide to do.xxxx

Congratulations! I know that its a scary time for you but as long as you are happy thats the main thing. Have you told your parents yet? I hope that your partner is supporting you but please don't be disheartened if he reacts badly at first some men can't deal with the idea at first!

I am sure that Uni will be supportive, what course are you doing? I was due to start uni last week but i was told to defer mainly because i was going to train as a nurse and i think they were thinking about health and safety and how i would cope, although i am still gutted i feel it was the best thing to do, it means i can have an enjoyable pregnancy and not worry about work!

I had my first child at 18 and i don't regret it for one minute - having a child is not the end of your life, it's only the beginning.

Let us know how things are going xxx :hug: :hug:

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave: I don't really have any advice but didn't like to read and run. I hope everything works out for you and you have a happy and healthy 9 months
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey hun welcome to the forum! :hug:

Firstly congrats on your pregnancy, even though it might seem like bad timing, a baby is such a gift and it will be the making of you :D

Universities are very accomodating. One of my friends had a baby in May this year and she has deferred her course for a year, so I know things can done to fit around you.

Good luck with telling the father, its important you do this as soon as possible as you will be needing his support.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Kelly, Its always a scarey thing at first but im sure once you tell your boyfriend it will make things easier, and i found after telling my mum i felt so much better too, theres nothing stopping you carrying on at Uni as like already said these places are flexablie nowadays and will probally allow you time out after the birth and help you start again after etc (but dont quote me on this i never went to uni but i remember at college we had a nursey for children to go to while there mum's studied :D )

Good luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back