New and Scared

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by blayhew, Feb 1, 2012.

1. blayhew

blayhew New Member

Hi, I'm new here. My husband and I just found out after 7 years of trying(and being told it wasn't likely without help) WE ARE PREGNANT!! :dance: We are so excited however I am scared to death. I have been pregnant twice before, my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks and my second was very hard in the first trimester but easy after that and I now have a 8 year old boy whom has my heart(and knows it) I'm scared to death, I went to the doctor yesterday and had a scan, since I was having some brownish discharge and to see how far along I was. Well i ended up being about 5 weeks, maybe going into the 6th week, she didn't really say but she did say the fetal pole was starting and the sac was there. For as early as i was she said everything seemed fine. I'm still having some brown color discharge and of course my mind is racing with what ifs.... Anyone else having the same issues?

2. Karate Kid

Karate Kid Well-Known Member

Heya! Firstly Congratulations, wonderful news!!

I have not experienced what you are going throught but I didn't want to read and run. Fingers crossed for a sticky sticky bubs for you xx

3. ChrissieCool

ChrissieCool Well-Known Member

I had that too, it's pretty common and more than likely old blood from your last period or you can get it for a while after the implantation of the egg, try not to worry as I'm sure all will be ok xxx

4. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

Wow! congrats on you BFP, I've not had that but other people on here have said so long as there isnt loads of bright red blood together with pains (even that doesnt necesarily mean disaster) then its normal. Great that everything at your scan was ok.

Wishing you a heathly normal nine months x

5. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

Big congrats on your bfp :) I had brown discharge. - at 8 weeks and it was all ok x

6. roxane 1985

roxane 1985 Well-Known Member

first of all bleeding in pregnancy well the firt tri is soooooooo normal, its only abnormal if bright red,heavy and with/without clots and cramping

the brown blood is even more normal, it is old blood from a previous period or from any implantation blleding left over

7. blayhew

blayhew New Member

Thanks guys!! I feel better hearing that some of you have gone through it also. Again its been over 8 years since i've been prego, its like the first time all over again....

8. saralou5

saralou5 Well-Known Member

Welcome :dust:! How exciting for you :D. I had some brownish spotting before I found out I was pregnant, turns out it was implantation bleeding so don't worry (like the other ladies said) :). EEEEK CONGRATULATIONS :dust: :dust:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Make a pregnancy ticker

9. GoldenDragon

GoldenDragon Well-Known Member

Congrats hun! Don't worry about the brown blood, it's normal :) fx for a lovely sticky bean for you and happy, healthy nine months :dust: :hugs: x

10. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

Welcome and massive congrats on ur news!! Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

11. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

congratulations x

12. Tara1985

Tara1985 Well-Known Member

A big congratulations on your wonderful news. xx

13. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

Congrats!! x

14. Spinneygirl

Spinneygirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations xxx

15. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I had brown spotting, some of it quite dark, for about ten days around week 5-6. I didn't know I was pregnant yet at that point so I thought it was a weird period, since I'd only come off the pill two months before. You should be just fine. x

16. V1ck176s

V1ck176s Well-Known Member

Congrats :) have a happy health 9 mOnths

Vicki x