5 weeks and bleeding :(

RosiePosie85

Reaction score
Hello ladies :)

Soooo I got my my BFP on Friday 30th.....on new years day I started to bleed. It started off like a brown discharge and then on Monday it turned bright red, I didn't have any cramping. Today is has stopped and I'm having a few cramps.

I went to the out of hours GP who basically said ''there was nothing'' they could do (which I was kind of expecting them to say) and Yesterday I called the EPU and she said to do a test again in 10 days time. If its positive They'll scan me then, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm guessing it could have been a chemical pregnancy?! and maybe that's why I was only getting faint positives and not many symptoms.

Hopefully I'll get my BFP again soon x x x

Hope all works out but sadly I had the same thing in the past, got to about 5/6 weeks and and started to bleed, no cramps, no clots but sadly a few days later the test was negative. 2 months later I got my bfp and now nearly 13 weeks. Good luck xx

Hope all works out but sadly I had the same thing in the past, got to about 5/6 weeks and and started to bleed, no cramps, no clots but sadly a few days later the test was negative. 2 months later I got my bfp and now nearly 13 weeks. Good luck xx

Ah thanks for the post frankie247. It's sad isn't it. I know in my heart that if I test it'll be negative. That's great you got your BFP after 2 months :) x x

I hope that's not the case fingers crossed for you xxx

:hugs: , hope its not that but if it is, I hope you get your sticky BFP very soon. x

Aw hun :hugs: so sorry if its gone :( really hope you get a bfp again soon x x

Ah thanks Hun. I was going to do my ticker and and then it happened :( needed a few days to get my head around it.
Hope everything is going ok for you hunx x

Ah thanks Hun. I was going to do my ticker and and then it happened :( needed a few days to get my head around it.
Hope everything is going ok for you hunx x

I'm fine hun, touchwood. I'm so gutted for you :( really hope it's still ok, fx x x

ah thank you. I conceived on my 2nd cycle TTC so i'm positive it'll happen again v v soon, fx anyway. i'll keep following you to see how you're getting on though :) x x

Soooo I got my my BFP on Friday 30th.....on new years day I started to bleed. It started off like a brown discharge and then on Monday it turned bright red, I didn't have any cramping. Today is has stopped and I'm having a few cramps.

I went to the out of hours GP who basically said ''there was nothing'' they could do (which I was kind of expecting them to say) and Yesterday I called the EPU and she said to do a test again in 10 days time. If its positive They'll scan me then, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm guessing it could have been a chemical pregnancy?! and maybe that's why I was only getting faint positives and not many symptoms.

Hi hun, I wouldn't just start thinking the worst so soon, I had alot of bleeding 5/6 weeks I thought I couldn't be preggers but actually turned out that I was! I'm over 8 weeks now, it started like spotting and turned into a bright red bleeding I was so scared but again nothing could be done bout it. Fingers cross eveythings okay for you. every womans pregnancy is different. I hope I bring a lil comfort to u? good luck xxx

Hi...just wanted to say I started having brown discharge at 5 1/2 wks which turned into bright red blood. This carried on for about 2 wks. I am now 8+2 and saw babies heartbeat a few days ago when I had a scan. I was terrified and convinced baby wouldn't be there but he is. I was told unless I passed clots or soaked a pad within 2 hrs not to worry, which I know is easier said than done. I hope all goes well for you.

Sounds hopeful what the other ladies have said hun, just wait and see, you never know, you might have a determined little bean :) keep us posted :hugs: x x

Fx that all is ok for u x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi hun, I wouldn't just start thinking the worst so soon, I had alot of bleeding 5/6 weeks I thought I couldn't be preggers but actually turned out that I was! I'm over 8 weeks now, it started like spotting and turned into a bright red bleeding I was so scared but again nothing could be done bout it. Fingers cross eveythings okay for you. every womans pregnancy is different. I hope I bring a lil comfort to u? good luck xxx

Yes you have brought some comfort to me, thank you. Did you feel pregnant at all around this time? i've been having bad cramps today and feeling nauseous and slight brown discharge, like the end of AF x x x

Hi...just wanted to say I started having brown discharge at 5 1/2 wks which turned into bright red blood. This carried on for about 2 wks. I am now 8+2 and saw babies heartbeat a few days ago when I had a scan. I was terrified and convinced baby wouldn't be there but he is. I was told unless I passed clots or soaked a pad within 2 hrs not to worry, which I know is easier said than done. I hope all goes well for you.

Thank you. the GP I saw on new years day said unless I passed clots or soaked a pad within 2 hours then I should worry. I guess I have prepared myself for the worst x

I was exactly the same. I still get the odd amount of spotting...I had some today in fact. I still panic when I see it then I remember what the Drs and Midwives have told me. 1 midwife told me that some women just bleed. No one knows why. If you want reassurance can you book a private scan? Or can the midwife organise you one at local EPU? U maybe too early to see a heartbeat but u will be able to find out if baby is where it should be.

I had my first scan at EPU at 5+4 and they could even seen then that the sacs etc were where they should be so don't accept it if they tell you it's too early. They can also check for areas of bleeding that could explain why you are bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back