4 months pp symptoms PLEASE HELP

ladytara

Reaction score
hi all

Im 4.5 months postpartum, i had cholestasis in pregnancy but all went well.

I was breastfeeding up until 3 months postpartum.

Since 8/7/12 i have been having heavy periods every 2 weeks, so just one week off in theory in between.

im still having night sweats and itchy feet at night.

i have put on a stone in weight in the past month, with dieting with slimming world and dog walking everyday still no success.

i have had some major hair loss in the past week, more than i had with previous two children.

i had blood work done 3 weeks ago and all was satisfactory, also bile salts were done 6 weeks post partum and they are normal again.

im going crazy and cant get into see dr for 2 weeks

please if anyone can help shed some light i would really appreciate it.

i also am taking sleeping pills, started last week from my dr as i have adhd. i have found myself just getting up at night even tho baby is asleep, this may be something completey seperate but though i would mention it

tara x:wall2:

Last edited:
do you know what blood tests were performed and was your thyroid checked?

Last edited:
yes i had tsh tested and all the usual lft white cell red cell etc. i looked at the tests and all i noticed was white cell had to be less than 400 and mine was 360, quite high but i dont even know wot that means

its so annoying i just cant shift this weight, at one point i was literally putting on a 1lb a day it has slowed down now just getting periods every 2 weeks, cramping in between, itchty feet at night and night sweats to the point i have to take nighty off as its soaked.

tara

I'm still having problems on the sweating front and im 21 weeks post natal. As for the weight front, other than reduce sugar and carbs I'm at a loss at what to suggest. I won't even mention exercise as I have struggled with exercise as it jiggers me up completely. Do you think you could be retaining water?

i rea;;y dont know, i do the press test on my leg and theres no indents.

i was convinced i had underactive thyroid but blood tests normal.

its just so frustrating, do u think its just hormaones as my hair has only just started falling out ALOT for the past week

I think your doing the right think in going back to the GP.

I dont know what to suggest, I lost a load of hair but as my hair was normally thick it was normal for me. xx

It might be but that doesn't explain the weight gain. I read that the sweating was the body's way of trying to get rid of the excess water from the pregnancy. I'm going to docs to get my thyroid checked as I have other symptoms as well. Did you have a c section or vb?

i had a normal delivery but was induced at 37 weeks due to cholestasis. my labour was only 57 minutes. when i got home i weighted less than i did pre pregnancy. 3 months breast fed my weight plateud. then boom periods all over night sweats weight gain majorly..........

Doesn't sound right, I'd go back and ask to be referred to a consultant or for more bloods x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back