spent all afternoon at the hospital

xSuzx

Reaction score
Hi all

Well after another sleepless night and just about scrating myself to death,
I phoned the day access unit at the hospital, and through my emotional sobs managed to explain my situation and about my previous pregnancies with obstectric cholestasis. so they told me to come in and be accessed.

got there at 12.30 and baby was monitored (everything fine) and had bloods taken to test my liver functions, then had to wait till 6.30!!! to be seen by a dr. any way most the tests came back normal and I just have to wait till next week to get my bile acid results (the bad ones) back, but dr said that due to my previous pregnancies and my severe itching it looks like it could be obstectric cholestasis again, and will proberly be induced at 37 or 38 weeks.

So I've now got to go back a week on wednesday to get the results andbe reaccessed good news is though I've now got some medication which will help with the itching so heres to a good nights sleep.

sorry it's so long.
xSuzx

My sister in law had that and she itched so much that she bled! :shock:

Oh poor you, at least you know the end is in sight! :wink:

my m8 had this and had to be induced to seemed horrible
i hope u are feeling betta soon

aw Suz, I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope the meds kick in quick for you, it sounds like an awful condition to be suffering from.

But on the other hand, baby will be here sooner! Are you excited? :dance:

hiya,
i dont know if this is the right thing to post but a girl at work had this and was induced at 33 weeks and had a perfectly healthy girl and mum was fine too.

Next week you will be 37 weeks, it will all be okay hun.

Hiya,

Sorry you're have a rough time. Sorry for being thick but what's obstectric cholestasis? Sounds horrid. Hope you get a good nights sleep, nothing worse than laying their awake :(

Nicki.x

Hi Nicky

Obstectric cholestasis is a liver problem that you can sometimes get during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy, for some reason your liver stops working as well which leads to a build up of salt biles in your blood and causes severe Itching, usually startin on your hands and feet.

Unfortunatly not only is this uncomfortable for the mother has been known to cause problems such as fetal destress, Baby passing meconium (sp?) in the amiotic fluid and in rare cases increased rick of stillbirth after 37 weeks.

I 've had this twice before and was very lucky to deliver 2 very healthy boys.

xSuzx

Hi xSuzx,

Hope your feeling a little better today and the itching has eased a little bit?
Rest and take it easy!

Amy xx

hi sorry it's took me so long to reply,

feeling much better now, I've got piriton to help with the itching while my other meds kick in, I couldn't get my other meds until last wednesday and itching did get worse between monday and then.

Could only take 3 piriton a day so had so save them for the night time as thats when itching was worse, piriton only took effect for about hour 1/2 and would be itching again. but I think the meds I got on weds are finally starting to kick in as itching eased alittle yesterday and I got quite a good nights sleep last night woke up once but fell striaght back to sleep and only needed one piriton.

hopefully things continue to improve, counting down the days until wednesday have no idea what they are going to say or do, but hoping that the'll induce me soon as it's safer for little one.

xSuzx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back