3 yr on their own outside

babsi

Reaction score
That's what our neighbours little girl does. There was even a time last year when she was out playing on the road with no mother to be seen anywhere.

I have no idea when Kai would be out on his own, not even something to contemplate yet.

i take it u mean outside of the house not outside as in the garden?

Outside, playing on her scooter on the road.

that is stupid a 3 year old doesnt have any road sence has anyone ever reported her?

All the parents round here are thw same, they all play on the road and most of them are school kids/toddlers its terrible.

I guess not, for example I can hear her mother on the phone having a cigarette just outside of her flat (it is a triplex) and she has absoultey no view of outside there and I can see her little girl on her scooter. I think what she thinks is that the neighbours will keep an eye out.

It is a difficult situation as she is the owner of the triplex daughter, we hope to move soon but it is just difficult.

That terrible! :shock: The kids round here are a bit like that but I haven't seen them that young yet. I might consider letting Aimee play out on the front when shes 4 and I'm on the front watching her and Jess (who will be 9) is out there too. I don't even let Jess go off our front now.

A couple of streets away from me I have seen kids probably even younger wandering around on thier own! I don't understand how anyone could let their babies out of their sight! :shock: :(

charlottes 5..she has been allowed to play in the street since december on fine days and shes now allowed around the corner to the park in the close behind the house we live in a very quiet street shes only allowed if her 2 friends across the road go with her who are also 5.. and if any of them wants to go home they all have to walk together. tjhey are good kids ive told her if anyone asks you do you want some sweets you say no and come stright home.. lol.. she knows to kick someone in the nuts if they try to kidnap her.. although parents can let fears take over with the what if's but if you dont let ur kids live.. then they wont be able to become indipendant later in life.. when i think of the stuff i used to get up to.. it shocks me lol..

being 3.. no chance.. i wouldnt even let charl play in the front garden without me.. nevermind on the road.

wow 3 is sooo young to be doing that.

Lydia had been playing out in our back garden and driveway by herself since she turned 2, but we have a big gate that she cannot open, so it's all enclosed. She won't be going anywhere near the road for several years.

Lucy is coming up 3 and we let her play outside - in our garden. She knows that under no circumstances is she to go out of the front gate (the back is fully enclosed). Even though we live in a cul-de-sac with no through traffic I wouldn't want her playing out of the garden unless an adult was with her.

But saying that there are a lot of parents who live here who let their younger children play with older children but I would still be nervous about that.

i've only just started letting james who is 5 play in the park adjacent to the side of our house. our spare room window overlooks the park so i can see what he's doing. id never let him play outside unsupervised, though there are younger kids around here that do.
we have a garden but he never wants to play in it cos he sees the boys in the park playing football and wants to join in

my parents used to let me play outside at age 3 in our cul de sac with the neighbours kids aged 7 and 8. i wouldnt let my kids do that at age 3 though!

My girls have been playing on the front grass (which is just outside my front garden) with the other children for the last two years (they are 9 & nearly 8 now) since it's been nice the last few weeks they have been allowed to the park 2 mins walk away, they go with friends and have to take the walkie talkie with them so i can call them back in and they can talk to me too, and i've made it very clear not to go off with anyone no matter what they say!!

You see kids that young all the time round here although they are usuallly with older siblings :) whats even funnier is during the summer you'll see a group of kids aged 18months to 10 years wondering around at midnight 2am, not a parent in sight.... :shock: :shock: :shock: normal Spanish behaviour and the roads here are FAR from safe :shock: Its why I don't let Tia out at 8 years old (most of her friends walk home from school), shes an airhead at times and has no road sense :rotfl: :rotfl:

I just don't think young kids should be out that young...but you become immune to it when you see it so much...

Sophie1102 said:
My girls have been playing on the front grass (which is just outside my front garden) with the other children for the last two years (they are 9 & nearly 8 now) since it's been nice the last few weeks they have been allowed to the park 2 mins walk away, they go with friends and have to take the walkie talkie with them so i can call them back in and they can talk to me too, and i've made it very clear not to go off with anyone no matter what they say!!

the walkie talkies are a good idea, i think we've got some somewhere. might have to dig them out :think:

Mason is 7 and only plays out front of we're out there doing the garden or something.

Just an update, she is out on her own outside, going up and down the road on her scooter. Her mother is inside, I can hear her walking around.

babsi said:
Just an update, she is out on her own outside, going up and down the road on her scooter. Her mother is inside, I can hear her walking around.

Call the police, thats what I'd do.

Threads like this make me feel so over protective! I know he is only little at the moment but I really cant see me letting Clark out alone untill he is a teenager, I would rather have a house and garden full of screaming kids or take him and his friends somewhere myself than let him play out of my sight until then. OH is the same and we worry like hell when we see local children out in the street even when they are like 9 and 10 :?

I actually went outside with Kai and they were playing together. The mother was watching from the window (3rd floor). She said that she was getting stuff ready for a BBQ and even offered to look after Kai this evening so me and my husband get a break, she said there would always be someone in the garden so he would be fine, I said I would think about it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back