own room

mum2A&L

Reaction score
right - now we are moving Alice will FINALLY have her own room (its only taken how long! :oops: ).

Im posting to see if anyone has any hints? im not sure if i should put a stair gate up over her door, or allow her to come and find us if she wakes and i don't hear her (we have a monitor we used to use in the flat). she still wakes at night (just the once - 4/5 ish) and she tends to hop in bed with us when she does - i love waking up next to my little bubbles.

All her toys are going to be in her room, but i don't know if i should associate her room with fun and playing, or with sleep? :think:

im not sure who is going to hate the idea more, me or alice!! :cry:

has anyone put their child in their own room at this stage? do they have any advise?

Lydia was 22 months when she went into her own room. We got her a toddler bed and told her she was a big girl now and was having a big girl bed and a big girl room.
She loved it. No fuss whatsoever. She felt really big and proud of herself.

cheers for the reply.

Alice is in a toddler bed (she broke her cot, and i didn't feel safe leaving her in their any longer than i needed to).

the perfect move would be if she slept all night from day one in her bed, and wakes up happy and well rested!! :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back