weird kid on our street

What an annoying child. You need to find a way to tell her to piss off in such a way that when she repeats it to the dad it doesn't sound mean. Maybe say that you're busy and to come back another time, sounds good and her dad can't argue with it. But when you say it do it with an angry look on your face so she knows you mean business. I'm mean I know but if I was a neighbour looking at this girl lurking around your OH I'd be really suspicious, you need to get rid.

What an annoying child. You need to find a way to tell her to piss off in such a way that when she repeats it to the dad it doesn't sound mean. Maybe say that you're busy and to come back another time, sounds good and her dad can't argue with it. But when you say it do it with an angry look on your face so she knows you mean business. I'm mean I know but if I was a neighbour looking at this girl lurking around your OH I'd be really suspicious, you need to get rid.

Haha i love your brutal honesty!

To me she is annoying cause ts been going on for a while and it annoys me cause it annoys oh if you get me. Plus its daft that were hiding and even when we go in and shut the door she still stands there... And I've stopped smiling at her when shutting the door in case she thinks were coming back out. And it seems to be only our garden she hovers around, i think were actually the youngest couple on the street most are 40s and above were in our 20s... Funnily enough ricks gone his uncles for a bit and shes riding on the other side of the street now. The blocking the pavement still annoys me I.know she's a kid and I shouldnt hold a grudge but she knew I was walking that way and seems like she purposely did it to maybe make some sort of point...I just hope she just has a weird crush and will get the message if we keep ignoring her. Or maybe move lol x

How would you feel if someone pissed off your child on purpose...c'mon seriously?

Prettypenguin i duno if you seen my response on the previous page but i think you've maybe got the wrong end of the stick with the fancying thing tbh.

xxxxx

Yeah I did littlemiss, I replied somewhere near the top of this page :) I honestly just get the impression her parents don't care they both work full time and still don't bother with their only daughter and to be fair she looks bored going up and down the street all the time, so maybe she wants to be ricks friend but he doesn't want to be hers seeing as there's nearly 14 years difference at least and we don't know many of the neighbours well. She was hanging round again when he went back out on his bike just and he just gave me a look like I should do something x

Treat her like you would anyone else, go and say are you ok i noticed you hanging around is there anything we can help you with, could you possibly move coz OH struggles to get out ect.

She's only a wee girl! loool

xxxx

I wouldn't let my child hang around grown men unsupervised making a pest of himself. Got to be cruel to be kind, maybe the next adult she gets friendly with is a pedo the parents obviously don't give a hoot.

I know she's only a girl but it really bugs me that she just stares. OHs out on his bike, she watchrd him gp out and has been stood outside my house for ten mins, with a right face on staring through our window. I was supposed to be going next doors bbq so i went out with c and knocked on., there was no answer as they're in the back and I don't feel I know them well enough to just walk in. So I went to go back inaide, she's still hovering and just this past afternoon I've been getting wound up over her and other things aswell, think I'm just tired and fed up so I just said he isn't in. And then she said oh is he not and I just said no and slammed the door. I just feel like saying look hun go and play with those girls that knock on for you stop mithering its like I see her more than her parents and shes nothing to do with me. Grrr. I might just say something like is there something you want cause you keep hanging around our front garden and were busy. X

Yeah obviously its a risk if she's hanging around strange men, It doesn't mean that she's done anything wrong tho, thats what I mean, if her parents allow it then they are in the wrong not her. Her parents obvs haven't told her its rude to stare & hang about ppl's front gates. Kids of that age aren't "socially aware" they dont understand certain things & like toddlers they tend to go for what they want, if a toddler passed a fancy coloured bike for example it would go towards the bike, this girl is obviously intregued by something maybe its the bike, its not exactly really common is it. Maybe her dad is into bikes & talks about them....

I honestly wouldn't see the harm in talking to her & I bet there is an innocent explanation.

Just imagine to yourself if your LO was in an environment with other adults, no matter what age, you wouldn't expect someone to be mean to him or cheeky or anything like that...and if someone did what would you say.....he's only a kid!! iykwim.

Go talk to her & see what she says!!

xxxxxxxx

It does kind of sound like an autistic spectrum disorder type thing, with no social awareness and fixations on things. Is there no one on the street who might know more?

I don't know, I've never seen her parents chatting to other parents. I just want her to stop hanging round our garden and staring it really makes me feel uncomfortable, and even if she's across the street she stares at oh. I've had enough of him atm anyway so she can have him if she wants lol but that's another story x

have you ever tried telling her that you both would like it if she didnt hang around so much? be very clear with her as if she is autistic to some degree she wont take a hint but may understand if your direct about it. cant hurt really can it

I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to "have your OH"

I'm a bit shocked tbh.

She's a child, why are you speaking as if she's a teenager after your man!!??

x

I am with littlemiss on this one. She's 10! Still s young child. I know so many 10 year olds are ridiculously grown up now but it's such a young age. They are still children. She might be interested in thd baby but not sure how to start a conservation with you. She also might wonder why your oh doesn't talk to her anymore. There's nothing wrong with a father in his 20s talking to a 10 year old neighbour. I think it's a really sorry thing if anyone does think that's sinister. She's a child. This isn't sexual, or freaky. It's normal 10 year old behaviour. I reckon you should just say hello and chat to get like you chat to your other neighbours. If she is intrigued by you then the novelty will probably wear off once she's had any questions she's got answered. I do understand why it might freak you out but think that's based on the very rare stuff you read in the media. Plus the riding the bike stuff is good- most kids her age are sat in front of the tv all day

Hi, just read this thread and I would be annoyed too, but I don't think you should get stressed out or annoyed about it... I defo think that you should try and say hello to her, start making conversation. See how that goes, but at the same time you don't want her to start hanging around more... The other option is to just completely ignore her. Don't say hi. Don't acknowledge her etc... I don't think by anyway you should be rude or nasty to her... The way you have seen her dad coming out might suggest he's wondering what she's doing, but he probably won't think it's his daughters doing, and in this day and age you don't want to take any chances, yes it's sad to have to think like that, but unfortunately this is what we live in now. She is only 10... Not 19... So chances are she's maybe just been lonley, and he's been friendly towards her, and she's hoping he speaks to her, or gives her attention again.
Quite sad that the parents dont spend any time doing things with her, yes she could be in playing video games and that could be worse... But kids need stimulated and entertained. And if she does have a medical condition then she should be getting support she needs, not left out to play hoping it changes...

Littlemiss it was a joke fgs, I don't necessarily mean have him in a sexual way I just meant if she's staring so much and i fell out with oh last night so she could have him as in I don't want to be around him. I wanted advice on what to say to make her go away as its annoying having a kid who just constantly stands outside your house and stares, none of you have to deal with this every weekend for montha on end and i just want it to stop, I don't want to speak to her and be friends with her as it will just lead to her doing it more she's invited herself in my front garden when oh was speaking to her answering her qs about what he was doing with the gardening-he didnt invite her in. And its something to do with oh as it was before he got his motorbike, and shes blocked my pathway before blocking me from getting past and she didn't look friendly doing it and she never ever says anything rven.when I've just warned her to move cause of the bike, been nice about it and she's just looked at me as if I've sworn at her or something. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this thread in the first place I kit want her to stop staring and hanging around oh and hanging around my garden looking in. if she was chatty and friendly to both of us id have no problem but the staring and being off with just me anf Charlie makes me uncomfortable. No, it shouldn't be looked at funny when a girl is chatting to her neighbour but hanging around waiting for him to come back out for at least a good ten or fifteen mins is weird. I do feel sorry for her but at the same time shes had froends knock on for her who she turns away and i have my own responsibilities at home myself without having to delve into her life and see if she has issues at home when its probably just that shes become attached to oh for whatever reason. I know shes just a lid but now im just a girl who is uncomfortable to go outside. I just wanted advice on how to stop her hovering outside my house without being rude.

I'd be very uncomfortable with this, it would get on my nerves and is very weird.
It's all well and good saying "oh she's just a kid, talk to her bla bla" but it's naive in the world we live in today to say that it's not a potentially dangerous situation. What if it is misconstrued by other neighbours as being a 2 sided thing? What if the girl goes and tells her parents a tall tale about what's going on? "mummy, that man invited me in to look at his bike" etc etc.
It's a sad place to live in but we as adults have to be so careful about how we act (or are seen to act) with young children. That's life unfortunately.
Plus, it would be very annoying to have her hanging around staring at the very least x

I can see why you might find it uncomfortable in case someone gets the wrong idea . As said abouve if she did have autisum she will understand if you tell her very clearly that you dont like her hanging around outside your house and blocking the path . I woulnd make a big issue of it maybe just say " is there something that you want " and "would you mind not hanging around outside so much " . Are her parents approachable ? If my little girl was doing that I'd like to know , not everyone is so nice and innocent and I would be afraid of what could happen to her if she decided to hang around the wrong house . I think the direct (but without actually being mean) approach is the way yo go .

pp if you really hate it id tell her to push off, i mean her dad can get upset if he wants but if you just tell her to go away and leave you alone and stop hanging around outside your house then you havent done anything wrong. and lm i see where your coming from but having lived with many different foster kids over the years saying 'shes just a kid' is a bit naieve. ive known kids of 8 with sexualised behaviour and that 'fancied' ppl because of previous abuse etc and you never know whats happened to these kids in their lives. its ok to try and be nice etc but its also ok to be wary of things like that as lil girls can accuse ppl of stuff nowdays if they dont get their way too.

Thats true . Ive heard of kids making up terrible storries :( I suppose if your uncomfortable the best way is to be firm , its just she could well be an innocent kid with a little crush and it seems harsh to be totally nasty iykwim ? Id talk to the parents . If it were me and tell them you are uncomfortable ?

Oh yes young girls can def make up lies, but to be fair, they can make up lies even if someone just spoke to them. If for example your OH stood and talked to her at the driveway for a few mins and thats all contact they've had.....she could still go away & tell fibs.

As I said.......all of your LO's will be that age one day. It would be a bit upsetting if another adult thot your kid fancied their OH or was being "wierd" Thats all im trying to point out, your babies wont stay babies forever. How would you expect your LO to be treated if they done something a bit out of the ordinary?

That being said, I think you need to hit the nail on the head with this & get it sorted rather than driving yourself insane with what her "motives" might be. And if she continues then go to the parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back