weird kid on our street

prettypenguin

Reaction score
I guess shes about...ten. all she does all weekend is ride her bike up and down the street. at first I felt sorry for her as her parents obviously don't give a damn, and she doesnt seem to have friends. Only she actually does have friends she just doesn't seem to bother with them. Anyway a few months back oh was getting annoyed cause shed just hover outside our house and he was tryig to get the front garden done and its quite unnerving as she doesn't speak. I told him not to be mean as she prob wants a friend or fancies him, but I do see his point that it looks weird a young girl and a fully grown man being friends. So hes been trying to ignore her and instead I've been doing the front garden and funnily enough she won't come over. The other week I was out with Charlie in the pram and she was riding on the other side of the road and when she seen me she started riding in kind of circles around me and then stopped right in the middle of the pavement with her bike blocking the way so I had to go onto the road around her. Not only that but she was just staring at Charlie with a deadpan face so I didn't even want to take her on and give her any attebtion but i was starting to get peed off with her. Anyway this morning oh was getting his motor bike out and I was upstairs and shed not 2 mins before gone in the house and put her bike away, she must have been looking out the window cause as soon as oh went out she shot back out on her bike and just STOOD THERE?! Outside our house? Well I had to help get his bike out so I went down and she stayed there staring at me so we just pretended she wasn't there and i was chatting to my neighbour. She atill stayed there. So oh had all his gear on and she was stood near our front gate so I said you'll have to move so he can get his bike out. she moved a tiny bit, so i said no, like up there and pointed and said unless you want him to run you over hun its dangerous staying there. So she crossed the road stood outside her house where her dad was now stood and watched my oh ride away.

I know she is only about ten but she's fkin weird! I feel like saying to her dad look im not being funny but its not right that shes just hanging about not speaking but staring and rick feels weird as hes a man and she's a young girl who won't leave him alone, if anyone was watching theyd think something was going on so oh tried his best to ignore her. I know her dad would prob kick off though or not see it from our view...dunno maybe its just me but if I had a daughter doing that I'd be wanting her to go play with her own friends and stay away from men ....

That's very weird.
Her parents should be thankful your oh is not a paedophile, they obviously aren't bothered by her attraction to him.
I'd find this really uncomfortable tbh x

She's obviously got some issues? Do you think something's gone on at home and she's looking for someone to open up to?

Hiya hun,

Not sure what to suggest really. It does seem a little odd to me. I think by ignoring her your doing the right thing. Hopefully she will just get bored and move on.

X

I know, it all started when he was doing the garden, and shed say hello and what are you doing etc and hed just be being polite answering her questions and he does get on with kids but she's just wrird, she never speaks when im there. Also before when she was stood outside our house, we went indoors so he could put his leathers on so I shut the patio door but not our main front door iykwim? And she was still there looking into our house so I went and shut the main door, went into the front room and she was STILL there so shit the curtains Ew were like Ffs we have to hide in our house its stupid. I really want to say something but I wouldn't even know how to go about it, she could have some sort of condition or something you never know and im always putting my foot in with things. I do feel bad bit she has friends and she shouldn't be hanging around 24 year old men especially as she doesn't seem to speak and especially if we are obviously pretending she's not there ... X

Could could have a friendly chat with her mother about it rather than her dad? It does sound strange but she maybe has her first crush on your oh but being so young doesn't really know or understand how she's feeling. Does she have any kind of disability? She may do but it's not obvious so chatting with her mum might bring this to your attention then you will know a better way to handle it. There is a man (my age now) who lives in my parents road who acted like this as a child but now stands talking for ages, he has some kind of learning disability, and doesn't really have the same kind of social skills as we do, we just have a quick polite chat then make our excuses and he seems ok with that.

I'm not sure, every weekend she's out on her bike or scooter they never really seem to take her anywhere, she's out after school too on weekdays. It's just like, I dunno when I said you'll have to move cause of the motorbike I was smiling and being nice but she just looked at me with this deadpan expression and crossed the road as if she was annoyed but she wouldnt have been happy if he'd hit her. If we ignore her though she still stands there so I said to oh should I ask her if she wants something and he said no cause I sound like cocky if I say it but I don't want to be cocky I just want to know what she wants...were off to next doors later for a bbq and she knows everyone on the street so might ask her x

Sarah I was wondering if she had a disability, oh said when shes chatty she seems fine but its that I've never seen her apeak and she never speaks to me so I am thinking its a crush lol. Oh said its like something out of a horror movie when he can hear her bike clicking and feet scraping against the floor he doesn't wanna turn round lol, he's so mean x

We have a little girl kinda like this at my DD's nursery. Not quite as bad as that but she does totally adore my OH. I think it's because at the kids' parties all the other parents sit and chat and my OH dives in the ball pool and goes down the shoot and generally just plays with the kids. I was quite concerned though as she was really hanging over him,.grabbing onto his legs, hugging him,.even following him to the loo. I spoke to her mum and just said I didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea and she said " just tell her to piss off if she's annoying you" so now I kinda see why the poor little girl is doing it. However in your case I really would suggest you say something to her parents and all it would take would be for her to make something up and your OH would be the bad guy. Scary thought I know but better safe than sorry xx

tapatalking!!!

It was weird how the dad wasn't bothered and then it might be coincidence bit he came out shortly after I pointed up the street for her to move out the way, hope he doesn't think I was having a go. She does it every weekend though and I'm never nasty to her apart from when she blocked my way I just blanked her cause I was getting annoyed as I was running late already without her messing about...isn't ten a bit young for a crush?I wasn't interested in boys til o was about 14 lol x

I think my OH would move, he hates kids that do that they really freak him out lol. Maybe her mother is the problem and that's why she likes your OH but not you? She certainly seems to have a fixation with him, maybe not helped that he has a motorbike and she seems to love her pushbike so much. Chances are you aren't the only couple this has happened to, are there any other neighbours you could talk to?

It can be a disability that's more to do with social skills than her language though, I'm sure people with aspergers and OCD kind of things can behave a bit like this esp as children. Def do some digging about with our neighbors as if it is something like that you can be better prepared how best to handle her and communicate with her.

I didn't even think about her making up stories... Bloody hell bit it happens. I know oh would kill me of i said something to her mum or dad he prefers to leave things but its really annoying. I didn't think he was that good looking lol but come to think of it there's a group of teenagers that giggle and whistle at him, and my mums work friends seen a pic of him holding Charlie when he was first born and they all fancy him lmao they're all like 50 though. Give em a week they'd be bringing him back x

Hey chick

I'd say 10 is too young for a crush, at that age they might say....i fancy justin beiber for example but they dont really know what it means to actually fancy someone if that makes sense. My LO is 8 (soon) & she has 10y/o friends & they talk about boys & celebs but i'd say they dont actually know about fancying someone - does that make sense.

My LO is 8 & she goes out to play, when her friends are not about she goes up & down the street on her bike. I'd hate someone to think she doesn't have anywhere to go or that we dont take her anywhere, coz tbh since having 2nd LO & moving house we've not really been going on day trips ect.

The standing at your gate is a bit strange. but try not to think it sinister - i know its difficult if your own LO is very far away from this age, but try & imagine it was your LO. She may be facinated by the bike. I have kids constantly peering in my garden because of Kayden, they wana see the baby. And alot of them look "deadpan" as you put it, and just "stare" there is a little girl around here that stares at my LO & stares at the windows & stuff, I asked her what she was looking at she said nothing & stormed off, it turns out the little girl's mummy had died, you can imagine how bad I felt. So please dont think she's being nasty. Why not go up to her & say...hiya how are you, start a convo & say i've seen you hanging about do you like the bike or something & see what she says.

Remember - you're LO will be that age at some point. And trust me, when they get to that age they all do things a lil bit strange.

xxxxxxxxx

I don't think I'd get much for him! Good idea though, get a bit of free time haha! He's just gone out to fix his indicator, she's back out again. Hes looking at me through the window but I've got Charlie I'm not standing out there all day supervising lol x

Chances are it will pass and she'll either grow out of it or find something/someone else to fixate on. It is worrying though, you know she's safe with your OH but you really don't know about others.

i think she might like his bike. i know its weird but with her likeing her bike so much and only talking to him id say that its cos hes got a bike. she might be either jealous of you or just not see any point in talking to you as you havent got one. if she has aspergers then she would just seem weird. my oh says i stare at him and its creepy but i dont realise im staring lol. if i liked something that someone had and wanted to hang out with them id be ery akward about it too and hover getting up the nerve to talk to them and trying to figure out what to say as i know id come off odd and put my foot in my mouth somehow, i always do lol. if i was bad id probably ignore you too as your not the one with the thing im interested in so why talk to you.

i learnt that ppl found me a bit strange and that i often say or do something that is taken as weird and so i do try to be happy and chatty and smiley but i still feel akward and like im gonna do something wrong or im missing something vital when it comes to interacting with other ppl. maybe shes like that too. of course she could be a bit lonely and have developed a crush, 10 is early but with tv and magazines nowdays it wouldnt be shocking if she liked him and thought thats what it was to fancy someone.

I do understand what you mean littlemiss but he's not had the bike long... whenever oh goes and does anything in the garden...and shes all smiley with him and not at all with me so I wonder that she might hate me cause I'm his gfd...I know it sounds mean to say the parents don't care but she's on it all day from about 9 or ten in the morning til 6 at might and disappearing for lunch etc. And she's had the bike for ages well before Xmas.and she's no brothers or sisters so if they had a baby I'd understand they have their hands full, and they have the money to take her out they've both just got brand new cars... Just feel sorry for her but ay the same time uncomfortable with her just hanging round, if she was really chatty and inquisitive it wouldn't faze me as my cousins are like that x

I could understand if it was just the bike, but it started when he was doing gardening or cleaning the car or even just taking the bin out lol and now its more that he has the bike. I.know she's fine with oh but I just worry about what the neigjbours that don't know us think, or even worse her parents. I remember when it first started happening I seen her dad stood at the front bedroom window, I only noticed cause I was polishing the bedroom and she was actually sat in our garden as shed invited herself in, but I thought well its your daughter mithering its not like my OHs in your garden x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back