weird kid on our street

So mad!

So this morning i put Charlie to bed and was planning on tidying up downstairs and getting in the shower etc etc, but i was lying on the bed and fell asleep accidentally. I did half wake up hearing footsteps but like, scuffs when kids don't pick their shoes up type of noise and it sounded like it was in my house. Anyway i thought nothing of it as i had the bedroom window wide open and thought its prob just outside or that it was oh coming from work if he'd forgotten something.

Prob about half an hour later i woke up properly and Charlie was waking up so took him downstairs and got halfway down, the girl (K) was walking up the path and we have a main front door and a porch door, the main one has a blurry window and they both have a handle to just let yourself in so i have to lock it myself.

Anyway even though one of the main windows is blurry i knew it was her from her pink bike helmet, i thought she was knocking on but she just opened the dook and basically got in the porch before seeing a blurry me through the window and legging it back out!! I was so shocked, i opened both doors and shed got to the end of my front garden and then the conversation went like this:

Me: what are you doing?
K:nothing
Me:no, what are you doing coming in my house and opening the door?
K:i didn't
Me: yes you did i just seen you do it
K: *usual stare*
Me:what are you coming in my house for?
K: *loooooong silence and stares* i didnt know what number it was.
Me: but you know you don't live here why.do you need to know the house number?(we don't have a number on ours)

And then i realised i was getting nowhere so i asked if her parents knew what she was getting up to and she said no and i told her she can't just let herself into peoples houses without their permission or without them knowing! Thing is i always leave it unlocked unless im going for a nap except this once. And when i looked around the house the tv channel had changed, Charlie's toys had been moved about and the main front door i remember wasnt shut properly so i know i can't prove it but i think she's been in my house.

How scary is that? If she was.younger i wouldn't be as bothered but she knows she shouldn't be coming in especially as were not even friendly with her we don't speak to her and we don't have a child that she hangs out with.

So then i got dressed as i was taking Bear to the park anyway, and knocked on and wasn't nasty, was actually quite nice about it even though i was mega peed off and fed up of her (she's still been staring etc.since i last posted on this) just said to her mum if she could have a word with k as I've just caught her letting herself into mine and im not sure if she's been in this morning but the front door hadn't been closed properly but that could have been oh, (i knew it wasntt but can't prove if she did or not)

I told her the conversation me and k had and tbh her mum seemed really shocked and a bit embarrassed as i would be, she asked k if it was true and she started crying saying she was looking at the flowers (this half dead plant that is just leaves that's in my porch) and her mum was like 'you're grounded' and she couldnt apologise enough, which was fine i mean i felt bad afterwards for getting her grounded but I've got a baby in the house and its the way she just happily let herself in like shed done it before and then all the stuff that indicates she's been in, i mean she always stares at Charlie what if she came upstairs??

Will defo be locking the doors now!
Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

You did the right thing in going round hun, don't feel bad! I'm glad to see the mum was ok about it too!

Just out shopping at the min but I'll reply to your text when I'm home xxzz

well at least you spoke to her mum. if you have any problems with her you can do so again as her mum seems concerned enough to punish her :)

Oh my... I suppose now that her mum knows she will hopefully keep her away from trouble...
Hopefully the kid will eventually get it and let you be...
I always lock the doors. I would freaked out if the neighbor kids where in my house without my permission :faint:

Maybe she is just curious about the baby and wants to play with him?

Tbh i don't know if she likes Charlie, just in the way she stares at him and goes about things but even so you know at that age you don't just take it upon yourself to go in someone's house...but yeah im glad her mum knows, and now she might leave us alone :) x

Oh god! That's freaky! You did the right thing speaking to her mother. Hopefully that's enough to put a stop to it. And don't feel bad. She should be grounded.xxx

Thanks, i know if she was just doing her usual id ignore it like i do but coming into my house is taking the piss a bit. I do feel bad that she's grounded and its summer hols though lol xxx

Don't feel bad hun, she's old enough to know better. I bet her mum is horrified, God knows she's very lucky you and OH are not pervs yanno?

It's a good thing you told her mum as god for it she walks into the wrong house iykwim and there is something dangerous. Id lock your doors from now on x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blimy!! I,ve just read this thread, I hope her mum gives her a good talking to and explain the dangers of hanging around men and especialy going into strange houses. Don,t feel bad, she needs to know it,s not acceptable to let herself into people,s houses and pester people. Xx

Well i needn't bother feeling guilty cause ive just walked back from the shops and she's out on her.fucking bike what is it at all, can she just not be arsed to discipline that stupid little house invader???? So mad, clearly it just doesn't matter that she's wandering in and out my house like its a fricking youth club :mad: xx

My god, doesn,t the mother care about her childs safety. I have to say I thought that would happen from what you,ve said. If she does it again i,d ring the police, it may seem harsh but her parents arn,t doing anything and she can,t get away with it. Maybe then her parents will do something xx

Last edited:
Its about the child being unsafe too. It could have been anyones house

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I know, next time it might be some creepy man.

I didn't expect her to be grounded loads but at least for the rest of the day x

Defintly. It,s sad when parents don,t care. We went to cornwall in 06 and when we was on the beach a little girl, who was only about 2, came over to us and sort of made herself at home. It didn,t bother us coz she was playing with my son of the same age. About 20 mins later her dad noticed and came over and asked her if she was being good and walked off!!. He didn,t ask weather we minded her being there. She kept running off towards the water an it was up to us to get her back while her parents were drinking with friends, stu took her back to her parents coz it was getting annoying and we couldn,t enjoy our day out,but she came back, she went back to her parents after a while, then when we were going we noticed that she,d gone to another family. I couldn,t belive it, anyone could have snatched her or she could have drowned and they wouldn,t have noticed!!

Last edited:

Defintly. It,s sad when parents don,t care. We went to cornwall in 06 and when we was on the beach a little girl, who was only about 2, came over to us and sort of made herself at home. It didn,t bother us coz she was playing with my son of the same age. About 20 mins later her dad noticed and came over and asked her if she was being good and walked off!!. He didn,t ask weather we minded her being there. She kept running off towards the water an it was up to us to get her back while her parents were drinking with friends, stu took her back to her parents coz it was getting annoying and we couldn,t enjoy our day out,but she came back, she went back to her parents after a while, then when we were going we noticed that she,d gone to another family. I couldn,t belive it, anyone could have snatched her or she could have drowned and they wouldn,t have noticed!!
Its very very sad that parents dont care. IMO its negligence and it definitely should be investigated by SS.

PP, if it happens again, I would give SS a call tbh

I think i will. Oh was angry shed come in.but angry at her parents that they weren't even checking out of the window to see what she's upto, i think she's only allowed up and down the street but still... Grr x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back