Am I pregnant? Please please help

susanhoney

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first time I'm posting here. I hope you can help, we are so anxious. My husband and I are trying for our third child. With our first 2 we got pregnant first attempt. We tried last Tuesday and Wednesday (when I was ovulating), we started testing on Saturday, and Sunday, and Monday and Today! All have been negative. My husband is now convinced I'm not pregnant. We used the First Response tests. I think that since we onkly tried less than a week ago I may be pregnant but its too early to tell, my husband is very negative. He says if I was, a very faint line would have shown on Today's test. First Response say they will show positive results 4-5 days before a missed period. My period is due on Saturday, does the negative test result today mean I'm not pregnant?

I am in such an anxious state. If anyone has advice please let me know.

Sorry if this post is too long...

Hi Susan,

WOW!! You were very lucky to fall pregnant first time with both your children!!

Even with these tests showing a negative result you could still be pregnant this time too. All the negative test shows is that your HCG level is not high enough to give a positive result. Sometimes you may get a faint line a few days before, but some people don't get a positive result until even a few weeks after.

I would suggest that you give it a few days then try again, but still keep trying if you get a negative again.

Good luck!!

thanks emma,

i am so nervous, hormones are everywhere. i know we were lucky with our first 2. We also got pregnant quickly with our 3rd baby a year ago but we lost it in the first trimester.

We are so anxious for this new baby. I know all will be revealed in a few days if my period comes, but its this time beforehand that is making us no nervous and anxious.

We tried to conceive on Tuesday and Wednesday last week. On Friday, I felt dizzy, weak and a little nauseus. I never feel like thatm but my husband laughed when when I thought it might be symptoms, he said it was way too early to feel that because by then the sperm and egg hadnt met.

I know how I felt!! but maybe it was unrelated. I'm so desperate to find out. Do you think theres a better or earlier test out there than First Response? The nerves are making me and my husband so so anxious!

Thanks!

You tested far too early! :D Depending when you ovulated during your cycle would depend when is best for you to test.

Some women test around 7DPO (stupid women like me :lol: ) but your best time to test for a more accurate result is 10 to 12 DPO.

DPO- Days past ovulation

:D

Good luck to you both :pray:

Eek I forgot to say about first response I think they are good but personally for me they are not my preference, I had a positive on a clearblue & a clearblue digital while first response stayed negative until 2 days later.

BUT some women prefer them.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back