2nd hand

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Hi girls, I just wondered what your views are on 2nd hand (well used a couple of times) baby bibs?

Is this a good idea or should I look at brand new for bibs?

I have seen a cracker of a bargain on ebay but the bibs are second hand and I'm a tad concerned about it so any advice would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance :) xx

thats a good idea i guess, but new bibs arent that expensive! i think i personally will be buying new :) x

nah i know they not that expensive... ie i saw pack of 7 for £6 in primark yesterday but I could get 25 for £7 including P+P on ebay at the moment... hence why I wanted a little bit of advice. xx

aye - very cheap! i'm still unsure though... i worry cos babies can chew on them etc and i'm concerned for the health side of things with them. but then again, it is such a great bargain! oh, i wish i could make my mind up! they are lovely too - not just plain ones :) xx

get them and wash them! throw away the crummy ones x

Asda have got a pack of 10 for £3, I think for that price i would go with the new asda ones.

im not bothered about second hand atall, you see if it looks alright or not. Its just to wash. Im not fuzzed atall. i have bought some bits from second hand shops. X

nah, i agree hun, i'm not bothered about 2nd hand but with bibs i was just concerned with the amount of sucking/chewing that can go on! xx

We were given some second hand ones...if you're worried, just stick them in a boil wash first - people buy pre-loved nappies which are perfectly clean, so I can't see why there should be anything wrong with used bibs :)

Asda have got a pack of 10 for £3, I think for that price i would go with the new asda ones.

I have got these!!!! They do plain white and white with different bright coloured borders - each have 10 bibs for £3!!! I even think they had pink and blue ones too!!!

second hand are much better. evironmentally wise I mean. They have already been manufactured and why not get them instead of new ones when they are just as good?

I got 12 bibs for £2 in tescos! They are White with coloured boardered! I'm bit fussy with second hand things unless I know where they came from!

The supermarkets are a great place to shop for baby things!! Asda's baby event finishes sat and my friend text me tonight saying they are reducing loads so might be worth a look!! On Sat i got a winnie the pooh sleepsuit and pj set (neutral - as was white and yellow) for £4 each!!!

I love second hand things, but would'nt buy used bibs as they get soo special and cruddy at the food stage, I would if could check them out in person myself , so I could see how discoloured they were.

Sains vavlue white babygrows by the way were £3.75 for 3 , and the quality when I got them out was top! really nice suprise

I don't mind second hand things either, but not when it comes to bibs, muslin cloths or nappies.

think that's confirmed it then girls... thank you for all your advice. Brand new it is! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back