Second hand pram

stacey_lea86

Reaction score
I've been offered a second hand pram. Mamas & Papas pliko pramette in polka with ALL the accessories, rain covers, car seat, car seat base, cosytoes, changing bag etc!

Which I think is a bargain for 200 euros all together.

It looks clean & nice & I actually really want it as things are so hard to come buy that are nice over here!

I just feel like a snob as it is not new. I know with 2 young children already & I guess it gives me more money to spend on other things for the baby!

Has anybody else bought a second hand pram?

We have!! I am opposite! I have a huge gap since my last child (12 years) so we are starting all over again!! Money is tight too. I told a friend that I loved the Silver Cross 3D. Then a few weeks later she messaged me telling me one of her friends was selling one as she had to down size her car and couldn't fit it in the boot! So we went and had a look, its like new condition! When I asked her how much she wanted for it, she said £100! Bargain!! I couldn't resist! X

Ive bought one......I was a bit wary but went to look at it 1st and its hardly been used....the wheels are the only thing you can tell its second hand. I asked around and suprisingly alot of people I know bought their prams second hand. Can you go view it?

S
xx

Well this is it. As much as I LOVE my brand name, new stuff. I really don't think we can afford all that right now especially with baby being born before Christmas & then a 6 & 4 year old to buy for!

I Much prefer the strollers, so I am thinking no-one is going to care it will be knee deep snow so I will probably end up carrying baby so why should I worry?

And it is still a M&P's pramette with EVERYTHING! I just need my husband home to tell me as he is the usual one that tries to drum it into my head that we don't ALWAYS need expensive things! :lol:

Ive been looking at that pram - and if someone offered it to me for 200euros i think id bite there hand off. lol
xxx

My baby's nickname is already second hand Sid!!! We picked up our Mama's and Papa's nursery furniture off a friend who had finished with it for £250 and another friend has offered us her bugaboo chameleon pushchair and pram. She's even saying she doesn't want anything for it!! I looked it up online and it cost over £750!!! All we need to get is a new car seat. It makes sense money wise and also is better for the environment. xxx

yeah i say theres nothing wrong with second hand. we got our pram for £200 which was on offer in mothercare and its a travel system. but our second hand item is our m&p's cotbed. my cousin is giving it to us as shes moving to australia next month and they dont need it. she also said shes gonna give us the baby bath and a few other bits. were struggling a bit at the mo so all these things will come in handy. as long as baby has what it needs and the stuff in good nick, i dont think you can go wrong x

Well after speaking with hubby, he is super proud of me for accepting it! Just means we can put more money away for other things like Christmas & he wants a new car so I can have MY car back full time once baby is here! I pick it up on Tuesday, I can't wait :lol:

So all in all it makes perfect sense really!

my travel system was 25 quid off ebay, my cot was free left behind by an ex housemate. ive not paid out for anything big, i'll even get reuseable nappies second hand off ebay when the time comes and will be looking in the local charity shop place for baby clothes sometime soon.

Theres nothing wrong with second hand, you can hardly tell some things have been used as people don't use them for very long before they want a buggy these days. x

I have got a travel system for £30, a cot for £5, moses basket for £10, bouncy chair £10, steriliser £5, nappy disposal system free and countless nappies from coupons etc. This is our last baby so there was just no point having brand new!!! I am able to then still afford xmas and my sons birthday.

Yep I bought a second hand pilko prammette too :) off my friend for £60 with all the accessories :) I cant afford a brand new one at all and if it means my baby gets a nice pram and I have money to spend on getting other stuff I actually dont mind :) xx

I Got my pram last night & I LOVE IT! I took all the covers off, unscrewed it all & washed everything. Has come up gleaming! I will just give the frame a cillit bang & dettol & will be good to go! At least now I don't have to panic about having no car seat or anything now :lol:

Using my travel system for the 3rd time !! cot the same and havent even decorated the nursery !! just put new carpet down this baby is well and truely hand me down kid !!! but cant justify spending the money when everything is in good condition and have 2 other children who need xmas presents and shoe and their winter wardrobes !!! xxx

i did... took all the bits off it and washed them all in the washing machine with the non bio fairy stuff... the pram is like new!! got flash on the wheels and bars and it literally looks like it has never been used! and it has that just washed smell too!!
took an hour or so to give it a good clean... and it didnt really need a clean... i am just a bit of a clean freak!...

love it!!
put all the moses basket covers, hood etc in to washing machine too... and it all came out gorgeous!!!

xxx

I get to meet my travel system tomorrow!!!

As we live in the middle of no where and we are always on bridle paths walking the dogs I needed a robust system and fell in love with the Phil & Teds explorer but just could not justify the price of the complete package........... OH mentioned the make at work whilstthe team were chatting and one guy said 'I've got one on my garage keep meaning to sell it'!!! They've only used it for 6 months so is practically new..........

Am very excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back