• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Buying Second Hand?

I used to have a couple of shetlands and find them really bad tempered! My first pony when I was 2 was a welsh mountain so I will probably end up getting or loaning a welsh mountain or even a highland.

Last edited:
lol my shetland is great - we have had him for a year and a bit and hes 3 1/2 yo. i love him! im sure baby will too haha welsh ponies are gooduns, can pick them up cheap too! x

Frankie247, i have a Highland youngster, which i will break in next year and connemara, thats why i have been told no more. Like all breeds i think you get some bad shetlands, but i know a couple that are just super ponies, and so good with children. Being on the pink team, is kind of exciting, but will try, try not to push them into ponies, only do it if they want too. On the other side of things, will have to do horsey things with Mummy ;)

Sorry gone off the subject of second hand items.

everything second hand except

breast pump (simply because i bought a second hand one and the motor went and now i have to buy a new one... rubbishness!)

Regarding second hand i will buy new born clothes because they grow so quick but when it comes to prams etc i think ill look more into it nearer to the time

Nearly all my stuff will be second hand, and def the big stuff, but will only be used for this - my last baby, and not for all my kids if your a first timer. I would never buy a second hand matress, or carseats like others have said, my car seat is coing from my sister and she brought it new 2 years ago and I know it has not been in any accidents as it's her, so only this reason I will be using it. The cot is coming from friends , good quality, but well used for 4 kids! so new matress all the way for my little baby.

Clothes and baby plastic toys can be washed and I only buy very good quality ones, you have to check them thoroughly and be really fussy,

I am on the hunt for a baby bath from the last car boots of the summer, so fingers crossed the rain holds off.

We bought our cot, mattress and travel system brand new but not top of the range, Graco travel system and cot bed with mattress and bedding on offer at kiddicare.com. We've been given two moses baskets so keeping one at my mums, got given some clothes too but im fussy and alot of them were bobbly so gave them to charity. Also been given some bottles but im not sure i'll use those second hand, probably end up buying new ones (again, im fussy). We're also being given a baby bath and some other bits by family members. Ooh and I got a bargain changing table for £20 in the charity shop which looked brand new and is £110 in mamas and papas! :)

must admit, im abit funny when it comes to second hand stuff unless i know who it came from! Im abit fussy like that and couldnt have second hand clothes im afraid!!

I have looked into second hand prams and seen some great deals but to be honest, although i can get a mama's and papa's pram second hand for about £150 (RRP. £500), i think i'd rather spend £200 - £250 on a brand new pram but not necessarly a top of the range design... Once again, im just being fussy and this is my first baby and i guess i just want everything new! :)

Having said that, I have got some great bargains off Ebay - a second hand, like new mother care cot and mattress for £35 (although im going to replace the mattress)

a winnie the pooh moses basket and wooden stand - brand new off Ebay for £35!!

and also aload of 'Next' baby clothes - all brand new but without tags off Ebay from about £4 - £10 for a whole outfit which would have cost £25+ in store!

Ebay, Gumtree and pre-loved is a great way to grab a bargin!

laura x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back