Breast Pump - 2nd hand

honeyloops

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been thinking about buying a breast pump & thought about buying one 2nd hand (so I have the pump and mains supply) and then buying the actual breast pump part of it as a kit new (£19) as overall it works out cheaper than buying a brand new one.

I've won the 2nd hand breast pump on ebay which has not been used very much, but then it suddenly dawned on me that the ones you can hire out have been used over and over again havent they? or would they replace everything but the electric pump with a brand new one each time?

i have no idea but as long as its been properly cleaned and sterilised i cant see a problem, i just use a handheld pump and am using mine from last baby, i know its only from me, so not really 2nd hand, but its not the fact that someone elses boob had been in there cause its just skin, it would only be that there was definately no evidence of milk from previously. most people are clean and i'm sure you will clean it aswell when you get it. so my opinion is i think 2nd hand is fine and i'm sure they dont buy new things to put on pumps that you hire everytime.

I bought a second hand electric pump from e-bay. It was about a quarter of the price of new and had hardly been used. It was clean when it arrived, but I just made sure that I cleaned and sterilised it myself again.

Breat pumps scare me especially the electric ones! I'm gonna wait till I need one before I even look into buying one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back