27wk email from boots.

Jayjay027

Reaction score
So I'm gona be 27wks tomorrow, and boots send their weekly email on a Thursday, and the one today really made me sad.

It said that from around now, the baby can cry in the womb if its annoyed or upset!!
I hate the thought of my little girl crying and me not knowing about it, and not being able to comfort her!!

Pointless thread really, but I wish they'd never put that in their email :( I'd be happier not knowing that xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

So I'm gona be 27wks tomorrow, and boots send their weekly email on a Thursday, and the one today really made me sad.

It said that from around now, the baby can cry in the womb if its annoyed or upset!!
I hate the thought of my little girl crying and me not knowing about it, and not being able to comfort her!!

Pointless thread really, but I wish they'd never put that in their email :( I'd be happier not knowing that xx

OMG that is bloody horrible and has made me want to cry... what a stupid thing to put in an update!!

I am going to delete this from my memory banks!

xxxxxxxxxx

Awww, I had no idea babies could cry before they're born. I'd consider emailing them and telling them pregnant women do not need to know that!
I'm sure all the comfort she'll need is being able to hear you and get the relaxing motions of you walking about and things though :)
x

Last edited:
That's awful :( why would they put that, that's made me quite sad! Xxxx

That's a such horrible thought!! Why would anyone think it was a good idea to inform expectant mothers that there babies may be crying but we can't do anything about it!? xx

I didnt know babies could cry before they were born :(
Poor things, thats so sad x

Oh that's a horrible thing to tell you!!! I had no idea about that. I'd email them and give them a piece of your mind jayjay!

Right that's it! I'm emailing them now lol.

I'm on a bit of a rampage today anyway, had a row with my cousin (who's a total bitch anyway) on fb and deleted her, so I'm feeling feisty!! Lol x

You go girl!!!! That's a stupid senseless bit of advise for us already worrying mummy's!!!!! X

Right that's it! I'm emailing them now lol.

I'm on a bit of a rampage today anyway, had a row with my cousin (who's a total bitch anyway) on fb and deleted her, so I'm feeling feisty!! Lol x

Nice work, give them what for!
I get boots emails so at least I don't get to discover the crying thing without being warned

I think thats a dreadful thing to tell expectant mothers!!! Divs. Its supposed to be a time of joy and happiness not that kind of doom and gloom.

Delete and unsubcribe.
xx

I already knew this, suppose it is quite sad, but its just part of their development, I'm sure they don't really feel sad, just something else they learn x x

Well I emailed them! Here's what I said:

I have just received your 27 week email update, and I have to say, it made me feel quite upset.

I don't think you should be emailing mums-to-be and telling us that our baby is crying and we can't do a thing about it!

I have appreciated all the tips and advice in the emails up until this point, but I really feel that this particular piece of information should be left out of your update!

I posed this to the ladies on a pregnancy forum I am a member of, and the ladies there all agreed that they would rather not be emailed with information like that!

I would be very grateful if you could remove this piece of information from the 27 week email update to spare other mums-to-be the upset.

Thank you
Mrs J Lindsay

Lol thanks girls x

That is actually really upsetting... Evil boots!!!! Love the email... Go you xxx

I understand what you mean and that it's upsetting to learn that unborn babies are crying ,but babies do not have emotions before birth the brain just isn't wired fully baby may have tears but it has no sad or happy thoughts so don't upset yourselves too much, it's just baby washing it's eyes. xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back