20 week scan - *update*

mablestarr

Reaction score
Can't wait until this afternoon when I get my scan - just hope we can see if were
team :pink: or team :blue:.

Had the scan - was in there for about 25 mins, had a chance to see baby moving about and stuff, then the sonographer did all the measurements and checked everything, and then had another look at baby at the end.

Was amazing - baby was eating or at least drinking as the jaw movements were so clear, then it turned to face us and was punching!!

Thigh bone measurements are smaller than avereage and that along with my triple test result are indicating high-risk of downs, but everything else was perfect. We saw the consultant and as I'm only 5'1" with small legs he wasnt overly concerned but said we could have an amnio if we wanted. We had already decided against an amnio when we got the triple test result so now we will just wait and see - getting a growth scan at 32 weeks to check, and the consultant said that they generally keep on doing scans until all measurements are within the 'norm' and for some people that never happens and yet they have a perfectly healthy baby.

As for the sex - :blue:

Attachments

• Image0148.jpg
    Image0148.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
good luck will keep watch for an update what would you like girl/boy?

I have a distinct feeling its a girl - based on dates and heartbeat but you never know. I really don't mind at all and as its the first then makes little different - but I've always thought I'd have a boy first!

hope all's well mablestar... Is it a little boy or girl?!?!
Got my 20 week scan tomorrow and can't wait! How long were u in ther? I here it takes longer than the 12 week?

Oooooh well is it a boy or girl? x lol x hope you got to find out x

Glad it all went well, so little boy or little girl????

TEAM :blue:

Baby's legs were wide open and he was clearly showing us all his tackle!!

I am pleased that they are going to keep an eye on baby to make sure measurements all ok

Lovely cute piccy, absolutely def a little girl Hun, I reackon!!

come on put us out of our misery and guessing.....

Lovely photo im thinkin perhaps a boy but not to sure glad everything is fine and the pic is so clear x

Congrats on your little boy x x

I had an amnio on Friday as we are carrying a very very small baby and for medical reasons were recommended that we have as the chromosome problem they are testing for are edwards syndome abd pacauds sydrome both of which the baby wont survive xx

I hope you get some good news Claire. How long do you have to wait for your results?

well I had the amnio on Fri and have to call the hospital tomorrow afternoon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back