2 week wait is a killer.

HopesDreams

Reaction score
Hi all. My partner & I have decided to try for a baby. This is my first time trying to conceive. I am now in the process of the God awful "two week wait". How do people do it?! Its driving me insane! Every wee twinge & I'm between hope that something good is happening to my body & panic that its my period on its way. Grr!!!
My boobs are pretty sore over the last day or 2. I am 6 D.P.O. I've also felt nauseous a few times on/off over the last few days. Its not gut wrenching nausea but I'm aware that its there. I don't know if I'm picking up on things that are always there but I never notice them or if these are possibly positive signs.
Good luck to all of you that are on the same road as me! I look forward to getting to know some of you & reading about your stories.

Love.

I'm in the same boat, new to PF hot some good advice so far, I have found myself looking for everything, me and oh were ntnp but this month we have been tracking since af started 3june, on cd21 at mo and noticing every little ache, pain and twinge...gud luck to you x

Thanks hun. :) I know I shouldn't be getting my hopes up because this is only Attempt #1 but I can't help it. I've tried to rein myself in but its virtually impossible.

This is my first month ntnp and I dont think I am prego but every now and then I am convinced of symptomss! Good luck girls, lots of baby dust to u x

Gud luck to you too piana.x. Are you want to ttc or are you just seeing where it goes xx

Oh bugger, have been stalking threads and my cuppa's gone cold :doh:

Im in exactly the same situation! Hoping you get your BFP and dont have to wait long! xx

Its nice to know that there are other ladies in the same boat as me. :) My partner, being a typical man, doesn't really get where my head is at with it all so I end up keeping quiet about it around him because I don't want to drive us both insane!

Good luck to you - this forum is a great way to obsess without feeling like a crazylady!

Many people have been successful on their first cycles, for others it takes longer so (and I know this is ridiculously hard) try to stay positive and calm about it. I think I've finally realised that maybe i need to give myself a break and not worry so much. xxx

:dust::dust:

at least your partners there,
this time wasnt planned we were going to try in a few months.
so sooner than expected.
im going to find out first then tell him.
so at the moment im going it alone!

At what point is it realistic to take a home pregnancy test & expect a genuine positive/negative? Anything I read seems to suggest in/around the date my period is due. I've also heard people say that they've tested as soon as 10 dpo & gotten a positive?

i would personally wait for your af due date.
thats what im doing.
im trying not to get my hopes up, if theres any signs of AF then im gonna wait it out. if none at all then ill test the day after AF is due!
its up to you when you feel ready but theres a better chance of it showing if you leave it longer.
if you decide to test earlier then make sure you get the tests that are more sensitive and take as much HCG to give you an accurate reading!
sorry for the essay but hope i helped. xx
hopefully youll get your :bfp: good luck! xxx

I got a positive result at 12 dpo when I got pregnant with my son. Good luck girls x

Hiya, I am also joining you in the 2WW :) I will be testing on Tuesday which will be my CD33 eek :) I get so excited every month! But AF arrives anytime between CD28-34 so who knows what will happen! Good luck to everyone else in their 2WW and waiting to test xxx

im only just starting my tww and its killing me already as my AF is due the 7th july.
im holding off to see if AF arrives or not!
so itll be second week of july when i test if AF doesnt arrive!

Good luck ladies. Baby dust your way! :dust:

I'm not feeling as positive today. I don't know why. Just feeling a bit disheartened. :(

Just try and keep positive or try not to think about it.
i know its hard im going insane! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back