2 week wait is a killer.

At what point is it realistic to take a home pregnancy test & expect a genuine positive/negative? Anything I read seems to suggest in/around the date my period is due. I've also heard people say that they've tested as soon as 10 dpo & gotten a positive?

Ive been ttc for 4 cycles, on cycle 5 now and waiting for a positive opk... I've always planned on testing when I'm 2 days late but have never tested as af has always shown up bang on time :( Also I've never had any unusual symptoms that differ from afs... Some people do test early and I think I would if I had a good feeling that cycle!

for the record I was 11DPO when I got my :bfp: so the TWW doesn't have to be for 2 weeks ;)

Good luck ladies, hope to see you in tri 1 soon xx

I'm with on the whole suspense of the 2ww being overwhelming - 9 dpo and not holding my hopes up for this month.

Good luck x

Last edited:
I am also in the 2WW and am on day 4 post ovulation. I have read several books and know that if I have conceived, my little egg is happily making its way down one of tubes and has not got to the womb yet. Saying that, I have had minor incidents of feeling a little ill and yesterday, I literally smelt the yogurt my husband was eating from the other end of the house. I have never done that before. Unless TCC gives superpowers, I have no idea what is going on.

I would say try not to think about it but its taken me a year to get to that stage! I hope it will be quicker for you! Every time you catch yourself worrying about it, force yourself to think about something else. My friends and family have never had so many good wishes with me constantly trying to think of something else! Maybe concentrate on a different project that takes your attention away? Easier said than done but good luck!

I know I'm clutching at straws here but is there any possibility that AF cramps could be extremely similar to cramps 9 DPO...they're just not as intense as usual. My AF isn't due until 3rd July, give or take a day so yesterday & Sunday are early to be getting AF cramps by my standards. Very confused...advice?

Last edited:
Just bumping this in the hopes that someone can offer a wee of advice. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back