2 Miscarriages, and were going to start trying again...

BabyFazza

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Its been a some time since I've been on here. It was May when I had my 2nd miscarriage and both me and my Hubby are going to start trying again maybe in the next month or so.
I was advised by the doctors to give my body a break which i have done but now i feel im ready physically and mentally now(or ready as i'll ever be)
I think once this has happened to you it will always be in the back of your mind. I wasnt particually emotional the last time, think i tryed to stay stong for both of us but i cant imagine how i will feel if it happens again!
Any tips before try to concieve? I am already taking folic acid.
The hospital did say they would give me an early scan at 6wks to pu my mind at ease but i not sure if it would. Whilst im in that 1st trimester i think i will always be worried.
I really hope it works out for us this time, anyone been throuh anything simular and any sucess stories?
xx

So sorry for your loss hun, I recently lost a much wanted baby too so know how difficult it is. I hope to try again in a few months also but like you am scared it will happen again.

I don't really have any advice as I am in the same position as you but I can tell you that although my mum lost 5 babies she also gave birth to 5 healthy children so there is always hope.

My mum was told that the best time to get pregnant is within the first few months after a mc as your body is so prepared for pregnancy already that your chances of conceiving a healthy baby and carrying to full term are really high.

In the case of my mum - each time she had a mc she was pregnant again within 3-4 months and all of her pregnancies straight after mc were successful. It gives me hope and I hope it gives you hope too :)

Good luck honey, I have everything crossed for you xxx

So sorry to hear of your miscarriages, but its lovely that you are in a position to begin trying again.

I also had two miscarriages, one ended at 12 weeks where we went for scan and discovered there was no heartbeat, the other ended at roughly 7 weeks.

It was third time lucky for us, and i'm now due to give birth in 11 days time. Things we did differently were - as easy as it is to say it, take the pressure off yourself, it happens when the time is right. I was taking pregnancy vitamins for a month before we conceived and both of us were being alot more active. I'd joined a bootcamp and had lost 3 stone, i was dragging hubby out on walks and going swimming. We definitely had the mindset of it happening when the time was right, and that worked for us because it took the stress and pressure off both of us to perform.

I think to a certain extent, if the baby is to be, then during the first trimester, whislt its important to try and remain stress free - that again it'll happen when its right. Just before i found out i was pregnant, i was eating all the wrong things and drinking champagne as we flew on holiday for my hubby's 30th birthday, again flying is supposed to be a no-no, I'd also dyed my hair.

I had an early scan on the nhs at 6 weeks and it did reassure me, for about 24 hours lol and then i worried - but its normal to feel that way, and you have to just try and let nature do its thing. I booked myself in for a scan at 10 weeks privately because it was just before Christmas and i wanted to know how things were. My dating scan on the nhs was at 13 weeks and after that i felt alot more comfortable. The worry didnt really ease off until 20 weeks and even after we reached point of viability - you still worry, I think its to set you up for a lifetime of worry as a parent.

Wow, sorry for the wall of text in summary - just relax, go with the flow, what will be will be and there isn't alot you can do to change that - just enjoy all the chances to 'do the deed!'

Its really nice to speak to someone whos knows how im feeling.
That’s really promising hearing that about your mom! 5 healthy babies, sad about the mc’s tho!
My husband always said I don’t want us to have an only child, we need to have at least two if not more! I just want one healthy baby and so does he now!
I was slightly worried if I tried soon after that it would probably result in another mc.
So when were you thinking of trying?

I also meant to add that after the most recent miscarriage, we waited 1 month and then conceived the next month.

Hi, I have had 4 mc's the last one being 2 weeks ago. I conceived 2 months after my previous one in March but I can't seem to hold on to them, no matter what I do.

It might be different for you hon and I truly hope it is.

Lee-Ann x

Hi hun,

I had 3 miscarriages last year at 8w, 5w and 6w.

This led to us being referred to a recurrent miscarriage clinic for some testing (lots anf lots of blood tests for me, some for OH and an a few internals)

The day before we got our results I got my 4th BFP....

Turns out there was no reason for our losses, not that that consultant could see from our tests and I was told with the pregnancy the most important thing was not to worry or stess. The consultant actually said that to me.

It wasn't easy trying to stay positive all the time but I did manage it, I felt I owed it to this LO.

I still have a way to go but I'm 22 weeks now and finally starting to believe in miracles

xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm hoping to try again within the next 3 months. Me and my OH are not really in right mind frame at mo but going to let a few weeks pass and have a chat about it again. Being pregnant although unplanned made me realise how much I want a child now and my OH is very broody too. It has terrified us both though and he is less inclined to try again soon so going to chat again once the grief is less raw.

Hiya I have had 2 mmcs one last may and one this may I'm now ttc again I have no time to wait about due to my age (39) so we have gone for it straight away altho its been 7 weeks since my erpc and just had my first ovulation last week,I feel ready both physicaly and emotionaly I'm taking high dose folic acid and asprin and I'm hoping its 3rd time lucky for us,I got an early scan at 6+6 seen a hb but went bk at 10 weeks and was told baby stopped growing week 7-8 so I have decided wen I get preg again I will ask for a scan at 8 weeks I think and just try to stay as possitive as I possibly can and just think to myself its in the hand of my own body now nothing I can do about it so should not stress altho I know I will but this is what I'm going to try to do and maybe find a little hobby to keep my mind busy :) gd luck I hope ur next pregnancy is a very sticky one xxxx

Frankie: Its so nice to hear a success story! And congrats. I think your right about the early dating scan, it would probably reassure me for that long too lol then the worrying kicks in.
Its just so frustrating not know whats going on with your body.
I think having had a mc I don’t think I will ever properly enjoy the 1st Trimester, people tell you to stay positive but when you want something so bad I can’t help but think it’s all going to end in tears again.
How do you ladies stay so positive??
I couldn’t agree with you more when you say “it happens when the time is right”
I’m going on Holiday in September and we are going to start trying again then. (well I wouldn’t even call it trying as I tend to be in a happy mood and feel a lot more fruity lol)
Carnat: Again a big congrats to you!! *Loving the photo of your scan too.
From what I’ve heard they can’t always give you an explanation as to why it happens. I just like to think the timing wasn’t right (even though at the time we may have thought it was) I am not someone who tends to get stressed however it does play on my mind.
What worries me is if I stay positive, I think it will break my heart even more if anything was to go wrong then. If you know what I mean.
H16: I think it is good to give both your body and mind time to get over what’s happened.
And its even more important that you talk to your OH. Let him know how you feel, he’s probably more scared for you. Sometimes they don’t know how to react.
You only have to look at some
Jojo: Sorry to hear your story. That must have been so sad. When you say your taking aspirin what is this for?? If you feel ready then best of luck to you sweet! Fingers crossed for both of us that we have sticky ones this time! xx

Sending you lots of baby dust and strong good luck vibes iv had 2 losses and am trying again now too.let's hope its 3rd time lucky for us both x

Hiya I'm taking asprin as doc said could help with linning of womb and any blood clotting problems there may be but won't hurt to take it so I decided to take it and the high dose folic acid is to reduce spina bifida and nural tube defects its all worth a try and without them testing me or my losses there is no way to tell what's wrong and untill I have a 3rd mc they won't test :-( keeping all I have crossed for a sticky bean and all the luck in the world to you xx

So sorry for your loss hun, I recently lost a much wanted baby too so know how difficult it is. I hope to try again in a few months also but like you am scared it will happen again.

I don't really have any advice as I am in the same position as you but I can tell you that although my mum lost 5 babies she also gave birth to 5 healthy children so there is always hope.

My mum was told that the best time to get pregnant is within the first few months after a mc as your body is so prepared for pregnancy already that your chances of conceiving a healthy baby and carrying to full term are really high.

In the case of my mum - each time she had a mc she was pregnant again within 3-4 months and all of her pregnancies straight after mc were successful. It gives me hope and I hope it gives you hope too :)

I got pregnant 5weeks after having a miscarriage, found out i was pregnant again and had to have a d&c yesterday for 8week blighted ovum so thats rubbish

I got pregnant 5weeks after having a miscarriage, found out i was pregnant again and had to have a d&c yesterday for 8week blighted ovum so thats rubbish

Sorry if my post offended you...it was simply what the doctor told my mother after each of her d & c's...I was also told after my d& c that the best time for me to try again was after my next period. I guess it isn't always the case though.

Hi

I am in a similar boat, 2 recent losses. I'm going to recurrent mc clinic this month as they are counting the mc i had (and at that stage was relieved about as i was too young) ages ago.

Come join us in the journals section, its nice to keep track of what is happening on the ttc road.

It is really tough though, I'm like you, I don't think i will enjoy a first trimester now regardless of it being different.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back