2 due dates?

Emma22

Reaction score
Hi all
havent posted for quite a while but hope your all ok. :hug:
Just wondered if anyone else was in the situation where their due date by last period was very different from due date by scan? My due date by my last period is today but my scan says 25 May. Ive also had a scan since dating scan and baby was measuring 2 weeks bigger than my dates and im also measuring 2 weeks bigger than my dates but they are still going by my scan due date of 25 may? im just wondering if baby hasnt arrived by 25 may, they said they wouldnt sweep till 40+5 then induce after another 5 days, but i could already be nearly two weeks overdue by 25 may, does that make sense?! :think:

hiya hun..

my lmp due date is 27th july

my scan due date is 03rd august..

they going by 27th july now though and im having this baby 17th july.. :cheer:

Due dates are really confusing at times. I've been given 3 so far but the consultant said he goes by the scan date and that's all he's interested in. Thankfully (for me) the scan date is the earliest date I've got! :D

:hug:

Hiya,

My due date by my LMP was 9th of june. But i had a scan at 7 weeks which put it as the 13th June. This is the date they have stuck with all the way through as 'apparently' the earlier the scan the more reliable the EDD.

Anyway i am in a similar situation to you. Scans i've had since then have ranged from the 13th to the 6th of June. And my bump had been measuring 2 weeks ahead the whiole time.

But i had a scan two weeks ago at 34 weeks and they did loads of measurements. He was measuring 37 weeks! And was coming up as due on the 1st June. So he is already 3 weeks ahead! And they won't change my date. So if i go overdue i am worried that if they leave it 14 days after the 13th of June when he was really due on the 1st. That it will cause problems.

Does that make sense at all?!?

Lau
xxxx

Hi Lau, thats exactly what im thinking, im seeing my midwife on friday so ill ask her but i know she is gonna say that they will go by my scan date but am worried like you that it could be dangerous to leave it 2 weeks after that before they induce. its quite frustrating isnt it! :wall:

I asked about this... the 12 week scan date is the most accurate date, so is used as the base of setting your due date. Apparently all babies grow at precisely the same rate for the first trimester.

If however your scan date is within a week of your EDD according to the first date of your last period then they do not alter your due date.

My scan said 4th August, my EDD from date of last period was 29th July, so I have stuck with 29th July.

Midwife said to not get too hung up about the due date as it is just a rough guide and baby could/ should come anytime with in 2 weeks either side of it.....

Hi Emma,

Yeah my midwife was pretty adamant they would keep the 13th as my due date. She seemed to think it was batter keeping it later as it gives you more tike afterwards if you are overdue to decide what to do!

But i agree with you. But i suppose if we went overdue they would monitor us pretty well to make sure baby was ok. But the other thing is if he came now he would officially be 'premature' even though he is propbaly the size of a 39 week baby.

It's all a bit stupid really. If i go overdue i think i will just kick up a big fuss!

But i will keep nagging my midwife every week too so she gets why i'm so concerned!

Lau
xx

There was only 4 days difference in mine, by LMP he was due 3rd March but on scan they put me forward to 28th Feb and confirmed again on 2nd scan and he arrived bang on 28th Feb so they were right :)

Hi

My friend is going through this right now.
She has her date which is november 15th and the scans was a weeklater but she is sticking with hers but the docs arent?
Confusing really
Katrina

yes my original due date is 31 may, but my scan due date is 10 june. i wont pin everything on either date tbh! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back