1st Trimester - Love it or Hate it?

penny_cole

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Does anybody else have mixed emotions about this first trimester? Half of me is so elated and excited to be pregnant (first time) and the other half is spent worrying over belly cramps and running to the loo every time I feel the slightest change down below. This is going to be the longest 12 weeks ever. I have never been so split with emotions before. I'm only 5 weeks at the mo so I think its gonna drag!!!!

I was the same, I loved knowing I was having a baby but all the little worries and the morning sickness and everything else that goes wihh it drove me absolutely bonkers!!

I'd advise just to relax and enjoy it, there's a lot of stretching in tri 1 and it can cause lots of uncomfort and worry but its all normal, just try and tell yourself the little cramps and everything are to be expected and you'll find it flies by! My midwife told me I'd know if something was wrong and not to worry unless I happened to be in severe pain or bleeding. That helped me get through loads!

It does go a lot quicker than you'd think, it only feels like a couple of weeks ago I was taking the test.. It was 16 weeks ago really! Some days feel like they're dragging, others you don't even realise they've come and gone!

Thanks LilyMac,

Its great to just hear about other peoples experiences. The good definitely out ways the bad and its even better to know that other people feel the same. From now on i'm just going to try and kick back and relax and enjoy the whole experience the best way I can. :)

Hi Penny, and congratulations to you~!

I was the same, half worry and half excited...

Try to break Tri 1 up with small milestones that helps speed it up, like depending in your area when you book in or if you also have to see GP first, book them by spreadung them out.

I waited a bit then booked GP one week, then had to book in at 10 weeks onwards, and break it up with other things like at 8 weeks do something nice etc - works a treat

Your welcome :)
Doing nice things and spreading it all out like jj said helps it go quicker too, plus having the girls on here is a great help as well. There's always someone online to have a moan to or ask advice, I'd have been lost without this forum!

Thanks jj and Lily, great advice. I actually had my first gp appointment late yesterday so my next milestone will be the first midwife visit - woo hoo, can't wait. I've already read so much information on this site that has helped, I think this site will definitely be visited frequently during the next 9 months.

Thanks jj and Lily, great advice. I actually had my first gp appointment late yesterday so my next milestone will be the first midwife visit - woo hoo, can't wait. I've already read so much information on this site that has helped, I think this site will definitely be visited frequently during the next 9 months.

Nah Penny, frequent visits? oh no, give it 2 more weeks and you will be an PF addict like us!:lol: I had never used a forum before this one, didn't get them, but I love it

half excitement yeh, but dreading telling every one :| first baby ! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back